What's new

Question To jailbreak or not to jailbreak? (iOS 8)

reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle

Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
I used to use iPhone back in the olden days of the iPhone 3Gs, which I jailbroke and experimented on. I then switched over to Android for a while, but have recently come back to the iPhone 6. I remember jailbreaking my iPhone 3Gs seemed to make it slightly slower and a little more buggy, is that still the case? I've seen that an untethered jailbreak is available for iOS 8 now so my question is if I should jailbreak my iPhone 6 or not? Are there enough iOS 8 compatible mods to make it worth it? Does it hinder performance in any way?

Thanks in advance.

Operating System
  1. iOS
Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Problem with that is it's quite a hassle to do that, and I'd rather just avoid it all together if possible. Does jailbreaking cause lag still? Things like that?
Anything can slow your device down if you don't clear apps that continue to run in multitasking. Tweaks just take up a small partion of ram to run. It's a very small portion, but if you continuously install tweaks, then yes, it will slow down. You just have to know how to maintane your device.

Jailbreaking is only a hassle if you don't know what you're doing or you just don't pay attention.

reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle

Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Anything can slow your device down if you don't clear apps that continue to run in multitasking. Tweaks just take up a small partion of ram to run. It's a very small portion, but if you continuously install tweaks, then yes, it will slow down. You just have to know how to maintane your device.

Jailbreaking is only a hassle if you don't know what you're doing or you just don't pay attention.
Alrighty I just might do it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register