Unsolved To jailbreak or not to jailbreak? (iOS 8)

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by reloadmydeagle, Jun 24, 2015 with 4 replies and 253 views.

Tags:
  1. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle 420

Ratings:
    I used to use iPhone back in the olden days of the iPhone 3Gs, which I jailbroke and experimented on. I then switched over to Android for a while, but have recently come back to the iPhone 6. I remember jailbreaking my iPhone 3Gs seemed to make it slightly slower and a little more buggy, is that still the case? I've seen that an untethered jailbreak is available for iOS 8 now so my question is if I should jailbreak my iPhone 6 or not? Are there enough iOS 8 compatible mods to make it worth it? Does it hinder performance in any way?

Thanks in advance.

2. Pie

Pie hotdog Retired

Ratings:
    No reason to not jailbreak. Can always restore back to normal.

3. OP
    reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle 420

Ratings:
    Problem with that is it's quite a hassle to do that, and I'd rather just avoid it all together if possible. Does jailbreaking cause lag still? Things like that?

4. Pie

Pie hotdog Retired

Ratings:
    Anything can slow your device down if you don't clear apps that continue to run in multitasking. Tweaks just take up a small partion of ram to run. It's a very small portion, but if you continuously install tweaks, then yes, it will slow down. You just have to know how to maintane your device.

Jailbreaking is only a hassle if you don't know what you're doing or you just don't pay attention.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle 420

Ratings:
    Alrighty I just might do it.