• Views 837
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VelocityMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I don't know why, but I knew this for a long time and never talked about it. I just wanna share a few tips with you guys on how to keep yoor acount safer from hackers.

1. Make a new email account ONLY to be used for your XBL gamertag. This isn't really necessary, but I like it.

2. Never and I mean never, give your info to ANYONE. No matter who they are. Even if they say their from microsoft or from turtle beach or whatever. There aren't many reasons why anyone would need both your email and password.

3. Have your password contain a combination of lowercase, uppercase, and numbers. For example, you could do your name and favorite number like JoHn12. It's easy to remember, but hard to guess.

4. Have the answer to your secret question be completely irrelevant. If the question was "What is your middle name?" make the answer be "dundermifflinftw". Who's middle name is dundermifflinftw?(I've been watching to much of "The Office")

5. One of the most important things is to never enter your info in any site that isnt xbox.com. Obivously forums.xbox.com is ok but makes sure the "xbox" and "com" are joined together by a period. Sorry, but xbox.t35.com isn't gonna cut it (You other hackers know what I'm talking about, lol)

I encourage you guys to post more ways to keep your account hacker safe. I can't really think of any more ATM but I will update this whenever I can. And don't flame if you don't like it, I was just trying to spread knowledge. It would be better to give some constructive criticism. :thumbup:

P

Prizes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You Spelt turtle wrong...other then that good thread

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If someone guesses the password, that is just that...a guess not hacking.

Otherwise, accounts are normally fine unless someone falls for a phish hook.

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Good post, but I wouldn't really use the word "hacker" I would go with the word "skiddie" =]

V

VelocityMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xTye said:
If someone guesses the password, that is just that...a guess not hacking.

Otherwise, accounts are normally fine unless someone falls for a phish hook.

Yea, but I said to make a hard password and dont enter your info to any site other than xbox.com. Too bad I didnt make this a while ago so that all the kids i phished read it. this may sound weird but i realized how mcuh it must suck to get phished. so i stopped :thumbup:

RaNDoM v1 said:
Good post, but I wouldn't really use the word "hacker" I would go with the word "skiddie" =]

i guess you could call me a skiddie. haha

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
imLefty said:
What is "phishing" exactly?
Phishing is a fake log in site, just say you rip the source of the log in page on Xbox.com | Home
Then edit it etc.. upload to your host, then get a domain for it, example "www.mysh*ttyphisher.com"
Then bam, there you have your phisher. When you log into it, youre detials (GT - password) Gets sent to the sites host.
Hope you understand =]

V

VelocityMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
imLefty said:
What is "phishing" exactly?

the "phishee" would enter his info into a look-alike of the real site but instead of singing to the site he just sent the phisher his info.

my bad RaNDoM v1 posted at the same time (and i saw your sig so i subbed nd rated your vids =) )

Gerbur

Gerbur

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
VelocityMods said:
Well, I don't know why, but I knew this for a long time and never talked about it. I just wanna share a few tips with you guys on how to keep yoor acount safer from hackers.

1. Make a new email account ONLY to be used for your XBL gamertag. This isn't really necessary, but I like it.

2. Never and I mean never, give your info to ANYONE. No matter who they are. Even if they say their from microsoft or from turtle beach or whatever. There aren't many reasons why anyone would need both your email and password.

3. Have your password contain a combination of lowercase, uppercase, and numbers. For example, you could do your name and favorite number like JoHn12. It's easy to remember, but hard to guess.

4. Have the answer to your secret question be completely irrelevant. If the question was "What is your middle name?" make the answer be "dundermifflinftw". Who's middle name is dundermifflinftw?(I've been watching to much of "The Office")

5. One of the most important things is to never enter your info in any site that isnt xbox.com. Obivously forums.xbox.com is ok but makes sure the "xbox" and "com" are joined together by a period. Sorry, but xbox.t35.com isn't gonna cut it (You other hackers know what I'm talking about, lol)

I encourage you guys to post more ways to keep your account hacker safe. I can't really think of any more ATM but I will update this whenever I can. And don't flame if you don't like it, I was just trying to spread knowledge. It would be better to give some constructive criticism. :thumbup:
This looks awfully familiar.

I don't know where, but I've read this before, or I'm having a De-Javu moment.

V

VelocityMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SCM Gerbur said:
This looks awfully familiar.

I don't know where, but I've read this before, or I'm having a De-Javu moment.

no sorry, i just made this. if any link is shown then i will give credit to that original poster.

Gerbur

Gerbur

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
VelocityMods said:
no sorry, i just made this. if any link is shown then i will give credit to that original poster.
Then it's a De-Javu.

J

jdcx95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice guide but a password like this is not *too* secure:

VelocityMods said:

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
Its pretty easy from not getting your account hacked...dont tell any one your password and dont make it easy.

J

Johnodd4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Watch out for fake microsoft e-mail's as well

several have gone out from african xbox gamers as a scam they tell you your account has been hacked and you need to input all of your information so that they can reset your account.

which is bull.

if you receive a e-mail like this call microsofts customer service line A.S.A.P

I

imLefty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RaNDoM v1 said:
Phishing is a fake log in site, just say you rip the source of the log in page on Xbox.com | Home
Then edit it etc.. upload to your host, then get a domain for it, example "www.mysh*ttyphisher.com"
Then bam, there you have your phisher. When you log into it, youre detials (GT - password) Gets sent to the sites host.
Hope you understand =]
Alright I got it. Thanks.

OT: It's unbelievable how many people will give away their information so easily (not being phished). I have been able to take multiple account from people by saying I could "Mod them recon."

1. Just play a game of doubles, invite them into your party and say you are trying to mod the map.
2. By the end of the game, say that it is finished and that only you can see it.
3. Take them into a custom game, show them a modded map and they will probably freak out.
4. Say you can mod more things like Gamertags, Armor, etc. After a while of trying to befriend them, say that you will mod their armor for free. They will most likely want recon, they will give you their information, BAM. You got their account. Clearly you should cancel the credit card, but after that your done.

The entire process can take up to about an hour, but after that you get a free account.

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
imLefty said:
Alright I got it. Thanks.

OT: It's unbelievable how many people will give away their information so easily (not being phished). I have been able to take multiple account from people by saying I could "Mod them recon."

1. Just play a game of doubles, invite them into your party and say you are trying to mod the map.
2. By the end of the game, say that it is finished and that only you can see it.
3. Take them into a custom game, show them a modded map and they will probably freak out.
4. Say you can mod more things like Gamertags, Armor, etc. After a while of trying to befriend them, say that you will mod their armor for free. They will most likely want recon, they will give you their information, BAM. You got their account. Clearly you should cancel the credit card, but after that your done.

The entire process can take up to about an hour, but after that you get a free account.
Stealing accounts is pointless, what do you get out of it? Maybe some CC info.. which in my eyes is pointless because why would you want to steal from someone o.O

J

Johnodd4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the point of stealing a account is to post illegal downloadable content online when the content is traced it is traced back to your account and you get banned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register