• Start date
  • Views 12,386
I

integratedzero

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Now that modding is supported on pc who else is coming out to make halo gr8 again

Arush

Arush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think they're adding original halo 2 to MCC PC

but i'm game for modding reach

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
glad to see some OG Members in this thread.

G

Gman57op

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys. im modding halo 2 campaign and all other halo campaigns to make as much sense as possible. as far as health and weapon damages and other **** ill be completly rebalancing the game. I want to know. can i make the player immune to indirect damage inside a vehicle until the vehicle is destroyed? or make a shield system to where a rider of the the vehicle is shielded by vehicle shields until the vehicle shields run out. right now i can make a player invunerable in a vehicle. but even if the player takes direct hits it still wont hurt the player. and worst of all when an ai or palyer is in a vehicle the vehicle is invincible until the rider dies or leaves..... what kind of bs is that. im just trying to make for funner more realistic vehicle mechanic. as well as more challenge for foot players against vehicles. thanks

A

Areslano Aresso

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone. im also modding halo 2 campaign and all other halo campaigns.
So if anybody of you have any suggestions for me then i'd be happy to hear em !

Thanks

G

Gman57op

Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks
Hey dude me too. im trying to make the game play as close to lore as possible. 60 rounds assault rifles with better accuracy in ALL halos. better marines. Will you try my halo 2 maps that I've modded? they are AWSOME heroic is meant as lore mode legendary as challenge. dude its an awsome rebalance built on top of ruby of blues rebalance. I would like to remain in contact with you if you are a halo modder. maybe we can research modding properties and **** together since theres no real guide. so you know im rebalancing all of halo campaigns. now for my bigger projects year into the future i want to remake halo 4 and halo 5 because halo is forever ruined in my opinion because of those. like i want to remake the storyline the levels and everything. and i want to do it with a halo engine. even if it means used outdated graphics. i hope youll be up to these projects.

G

Gman57op

Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks
heres what i recommened. make it so you have to expend ammunition to kill enemies. make marines better at fighting. heres what im trying to do that i recommend. I am trying to make it to where in vehicles AI and players have a vehicle shield to where you cannot get hurt until that shield goes down. yes it will regenerate. OR i want to make it to where you only take direct damage in vehicles unless a part is detroyed or badly damaged. like the drivers hatch on scorpion will protect you unless destroyed. i just ned to really study how the damage system works.

I loverebuilding manual and automatic transmissions. i know how to read just enough to read a teardown and rebuild book

p m

p m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm all for modding Halo 2 and having some fun! Donkey Kong on Containment! OG race tracks! Boobies on Coagulation! I'm here!

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
My biggest question.... Will the .map files still retain the old format? If so, looks like all of the OG mod tools will still be valid. Either way, it's been a decade, im ready for some sweet halo 2 modding in 4k.???

p m

p m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Would be sweet, but I doubt it'll be simple like .map, it's going to have some crazy coding

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Would be sweet, but I doubt it'll be simple like .map, it's going to have some crazy coding

Well, from what iv'e seen with halo ce maps thus far, is the formats are the same if not closely identical. The major difference is the files are compressed now. So the first thing we have to do is decompress the files and go from their. Don't quote me on anything though haha I haven't spent much time with it. When halo 2 releases I will be on the case.

p m

p m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been invited to the Halo 2 flight and it's awesome, but I don't think I can get into the files yet because it seems like the insider is server based because I can't even find the location for the program on my pc, it just shows up in searches and such, but once it's out and downloaded through steam it'll probably be super easy

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been invited to the Halo 2 flight and it's awesome, but I don't think I can get into the files yet because it seems like the insider is server based because I can't even find the location for the program on my pc, it just shows up in searches and such, but once it's out and downloaded through steam it'll probably be super easy

Did you install it from the Windows 10 store?

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No, it made me download their own insider "store" then I installed the game from there. Doesn't even have a location it's weird

There just hidden, like the windows 10 store files, look in a directory similar to:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\Microsoft.Chelan_...............

You have to show hidden files and provide folder permissions to your account.

FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Soon enough we'll find out more. If I'm not mistaken, they ported over the Vista port, so it's more than likely that newer tools such as Assembly will work and legacy tools such as DotHalo won't. That being said, Assembly could likely not work as well. To be honest, I just want a tool that mods Halo CE on PC. :tongue: I'm sure Halo 2 will get plenty of love in the modding scene.

Top Bottom
Login
Register