What's new

Discussion Thoughts on Scuf Gaming Controllers for the Xbox 360?

• Thread starter Beardyman
  • Start date
  • Views 3,862
Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Heard these controllers are the next craze on the market!?

Anyone who owns/or has owned one of these controllers, please share your thoughts on what you think of them with a product rating out of 10.

Might buy one myself if I can get some good feedback off members :smile:

Vibrator

Vibrator

Reborn
Reporter Greeter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
I've never heard of them.. Are they some sort of high quality controllers?

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Waste of money. You don't need extra paddles to be good. Unless you suck.

JayHull

JayHull

Another Piece Of The Puzzle...The Final Piece
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll have to Google them. I have never heard of them.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
I presume so, I was recommended it by a friend. I know that OpTic Nation now uses them as their videos have the ScufGaming logo appear at the start.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
I presume so, I was recommended it by a friend. I know that OpTic Nation now uses them as their videos have the ScufGaming logo appear at the start.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry for the double post, wouldn't let me post first time round for some reason.. :S

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They are great if you play a lot of CoD. If you don't play much CoD, i wouldn't recommend them.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I play an awful lot of CoD in my spare time :tongue:
Haha. Then i definitely recommend them, but only if you have the money. They have paddles on the back so you can jump and crouch without taking your thumbs off the thumbsticks. They also have a Kevlar grip that makes any sweat not noticeable. You can also adjust the triggers so you can shoot semi auto guns much faster. There are a few more features, but i can't name them off the top of my head. You can choose which features you want and don't want, but they can be a little pricey.

Victory

Victory

Aaron 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
To anyone wandering what they look like:

ScufGaming.png

IMO they look quite nice. However, I've always frowned upon people who have to add extra parts to their controller. It seems like cheating to me. Maybe cheating is the wrong word, but I just find it silly that they have to use extra parts to simply win a game. If you can't use a normal controller like everyone else, why should you have some advantage?

If anyone has sed controller, can you tell the difference when playing with it? Does it offer any real advantage?

Superman

Superman

Phenomenal.
Legendary Veteran Reporter Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
SCUF controllers are basically modified controllers, specifically good for CoD, that makes more use of your fingers possible to improve your playing style. SCUF controllers are legal and may be used in official MLG tournaments. The reason why SCUF controllers are better is because of:
  • Back padles at the back of the controller. So you can jump/knife without having to put your hand off your thumbstick.
  • Trigger stop. A nail in the trigger makes your trigger stop when your shooting, so you don't have to pull the trigger all the way. The settings can be modified.
  • No slow turn. More sensitivity in the thumbsticks.
  • Domed Thumbsticks. Basically the same thumbsticks as PS3 controllers have. These thumbsticks provide more grip and thus better accuracy.
  • SCUF Grip. A grip paint that is also used on military weapons for more grip on the controller.
More information at www.scufgaming.eu
I do not own a SCUF controller myself, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. The controllers cost around $115.

AwesomeMax

AwesomeMax

Special
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They're amazing and I would recommend buying them if you have the extra money lying around. The only problem I have is the price but you can always send in an extra controller that you have which cuts the price is half.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
To anyone wandering what they look like:

ScufGaming.png

IMO they look quite nice. However, I've always frowned upon people who have to add extra parts to their controller. It seems like cheating to me. Maybe cheating is the wrong word, but I just find it silly that they have to use extra parts to simply win a game. If you can't use a normal controller like everyone else, why should you have some advantage?

If anyone has sed controller, can you tell the difference when playing with it? Does it offer any real advantage?
I really do like the look of them, it's something different, a different style of playing. I don't use a modded controller with Rapid Fire functions or anything like that, because to me that is cheating (Fully Automatic FAL as an example lol). I've just been on the website to see that most of the controllers are £70+ (including the add-ons), so despite the price, I might give it ago and see if it suits me. These controllers are also legal for MLG, EGL and other tournaments!

Top Bottom
Login
Register