С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thought I would make a thread for people to post their thoughts about the TSAR DLC.

I was happy with this DLC for a few reasons:
  • There are 6 maps as opposed to merely 4.
  • One of the new maps includes some naval warfare reminiscent of the Naval Strike DLC for Battlefield 4
  • The detail that went into the sound design for the levels is pretty precise (you can hear the bullet casings fall into the snow, you can tell the difference between walking on snow and walking on ice, etc.)
  • I appreciate how under the snow, there is dirt. It isn't just a cosmetic. Throw a grenade and you'll see what I'm getting at.
One complaint worth noting:
  • The "Challenges" for unlocking the new weapons are mediocre. For example, either it is grinding for an amount of kills with a weapon or just trial and error in trying to shoot down two planes with an LMG. I'm not saying these challenges are hard (I've unlocked all of the weapons and their variants), I'm just saying I much prefer more creative challenges. Some good examples can be found in BF4. For one of the shotguns, you had to get 5 kills in a life with a shotgun and open a gate on one of the maps. For one of the sniper rifles, you had to obtain 3 kills from one particular tower in one match.

What are your thoughts on the TSAR DLC? Post your thoughts below, comrades!

Top Bottom
Login
Register