Solved This Xbox Cannot read your disc.

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by Justin, Jul 19, 2008 with 40 replies and 1,622 views.

1. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Link to a tut? Because I don't remember anything. I did this a very long time ago.

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Just load the save and unistall the softmod. Reboot your xbox and reinstall it.

3. Mizwax

Mizwax Contributor

Ratings:
    take the cd to a local record shop and have them polish it. my friend did it tonight and they fixed his halo 3. it was full of scratches and he couldtn play.

4. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Its not the CD.. It works fine on my 360. Just not my original Xbox.

5. Mizwax

Mizwax Contributor

Ratings:
    oh.... gay.... is it any game or just this one?

6. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Well, I tried with my splinter cell.. (Not the one I used to mod.. I can't find that one) And it worked... So Its only on both my Halo 2 discs.

~ I tried to find the one I used to mod because I'm trying to get a dashboard but oh well.

7. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Maybe this will help when you get your dash.

(Instead of FTPing all the files from your disk you can get them here)To get H2 on your hdd with an FTP program, put your halo 2 disk in the tray and let it start spinning. Then open your FTP client and locate your D drive, copy the update, dash, default and downloader files to your computer (make it an easy place to remember). Now goto your E drive on your xbox then your games folder (if you don't have one make one) and create a new folder called "Halo 2" (no quotes) and inside that make 3 new folders called bink, maps and media. Go inside the maps folder and make another new folder called fonts and now your done making folders :biggrin:. So go back to your D drive and copy everything from the media folder to your computer then to your xbox (to the media folder you just made in the E drive). Next go inside the maps folder and copy the files from the fonts folder to your computer then to your xbox. Now all thats left is the maps folder (we don't need any files from bink because its just the intro and credits) so in your D drive again copy the mainmenu, shared and depending on if you will be modding campaign SP shared.maps from the maps folder to your computer then to your xbox and put them in the corresponding folder. Thats everything you will need to play halo 2 off your hdd but don't forget to copy the maps you want to play from your D (or www.file.xboxsoftmods.org has the maps) drive to your E>Games>Halo 2>maps folder.

this way you don't need your disk

8. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Don't have my FTP program. Guessing thats what the client is too.

9. David5534

Ratings:
  10. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Hmm How big is it? I don't want my comp running slow.

11. David5534

Ratings:
  12. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Alright I'll try this. Even though tutorials doesn't work for me ^^

The one you posted looks easy though, I can follow it. If I have any questions I'll PM you.

13. maddguy

maddguy Newbie

Ratings:

For a master modder you aren't very...... master.....

14. Mizwax

Mizwax Contributor

Ratings:
    thats exactly what i was thinking. lol

15. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Good to know.. .What was the point of that comment?

Theres a story behind this name.. It really doesn't have anything to do with modding.

16. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
  17. 1ic1

1ic1 Banned

Ratings:
    just buy a new drive man i had bought 3 broken xboxes and put in a drive in there and it work it easy man...

if i had a cam i would post a tutorial

18. xDoub1e C1utchx

xDoub1e C1utchx Newbie

Ratings:
    the first thing you should do is buy a dvd lens cleaner and clean the lens and go from there...

19. OP
    Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Omg.. Please close this topic.

Love how people with 1-25 posts are trying to start something with me :speechless:

20. UnknowingAcorn

UnknowingAcorn Retired Retired

Ratings:
    k it odesnt need to be closed. but since this is taking too long ill explain everything to you lol.

Your xbox dvd drive has stoped reading disks because it died. For w.e reason your Drive is dead. you can either replace it by getting a new one or just live with a dead one.

The way i see it your screwed. You dont have a modded dashboard. the only way to install one by softmodding requires a disk. since your drive is broken. your screwed. you cant put it on your Harddrive because your dash isnt modded.

If you do have a modded dashboard. FTP to your xbox. E/games make that folder and put halo 2 in there. but delete the bink folder cuz its useless. Then go back to your dash and click play game it should show up from what i remember.

if all else fails. Buy a new drive.

• Like Like x 1