What's new

Question This Might Just Be The Silliest Question Ever.

Slipkvlt

Blac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I might be buying an iPhone in less than a month.
The first one that ever came out, not the 3G, 3GS or 4.0, the original one :wink:

Well I was wondering, does the app store work on that iPhone and will I be able to update it to the 4.0 software version?

Operating System
  1. iOS
Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Sadly, iOS 4 does not work on the iPhone 2G or the iPod Touch 1G. Your best bet is to get a iPhones 3GS, I believe AT&T was selling 16GB 3GS with a 2 year contract for $80, I am not sure if they are still offering it though.

K

Kashif

Reaction score
Sin$
no man get the new iphone 4. trust me its amazing. If you are going to get a 3gs, might as well save up a bit more and get the new one. The screen is amazing and its big, plus it has video calls.

T

TDC VORT3X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no man get the new iphone 4. trust me its amazing. If you are going to get a 3gs, might as well save up a bit more and get the new one. The screen is amazing and its big, plus it has video calls.

No really don't get it, if you hold it in your right hand you can't reception...

Get an Android they are way better

H

h2o pete

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
android fails. only people with them think they are good. When the iphone has a lot more to do and it is not as faulty.

Yeah android fails at trying to make there phones do as much things as the iPhone. All the android phones LAG badly on alot of the things.

You're both incredibly ignorant people and I doubt either of you have even used an Android...

What can you do on the iPhone that you can't do on Android devices?

Oh and whoever said about video calling... who cares? I could do that on a phone I had about 3 years ago. Apple just make it out to be something new when it's really not. Nobody uses video calling anyway...

KillZacular

KillZacular

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All these fan boys in here lol.

ok, I have a cousin with the newest droid and I have an IPhone 4 and hate apple completely and here are my opinions.

My cousins droid is very nice and seems to be an ok phone, the app selection would be the main reason I would chose an iPhone over it. The IPhone has way better apps to chose from but if you do not plan on downloading a hundred apps to play around with then there isn't much of a difference. I haven't had my IPhone long but my cousin is already having a couple of slight minor problems with his droid. They are little and easy to fix problems but he just got it and its pretty early for a phone to mess up like that.

I have an IPhone 4 and love all the apps/things you can do BUT! If you plan on jailbreaking it stick with a 3GS. 99.9% of the jailbroken apps, skins ect do NOT work with an IPhone 4 or take you 3 hours to get them to work with it and you have to pretty much do everything yourself. So either get a 3GS since its easier to use and have fun with, or get an IPhone 4 for the new features and pray that all the good jailbroken stuff gets updated. I love my IPhone 4 and chose it over a 3GS for other things like the Camera, I had no intention of ever jailbreaking but once I did I realized its a pain with the IPhone 4, if you don't mind the work its worth getting the better phone for the extra price.

and as said above me, the video calling is useless garbage. Who else do you know that has an IPhone 4 and actually video calls his friends from home? They just put that in there to market it and make it look spiffy.

hailtoredskins

hailtoredskins

#swag
Reaction score
Sin$

ok, I have a cousin with the newest droid and I have an IPhone 4 and hate apple completely and here are my opinions.

My cousins droid is very nice and seems to be an ok phone, the app selection would be the main reason I would chose an iPhone over it. The IPhone has way better apps to chose from but if you do not plan on downloading a hundred apps to play around with then there isn't much of a difference. I haven't had my IPhone long but my cousin is already having a couple of slight minor problems with his droid. They are little and easy to fix problems but he just got it and its pretty early for a phone to mess up like that.

I have an IPhone 4 and love all the apps/things you can do BUT! If you plan on jailbreaking it stick with a 3GS. 99.9% of the jailbroken apps, skins ect do NOT work with an IPhone 4 or take you 3 hours to get them to work with it and you have to pretty much do everything yourself. So either get a 3GS since its easier to use and have fun with, or get an IPhone 4 for the new features and pray that all the good jailbroken stuff gets updated. I love my IPhone 4 and chose it over a 3GS for other things like the Camera, I had no intention of ever jailbreaking but once I did I realized its a pain with the IPhone 4, if you don't mind the work its worth getting the better phone for the extra price.

and as said above me, the video calling is useless garbage. Who else do you know that has an IPhone 4 and actually video calls his friends from home? They just put that in there to market it and make it look spiffy.

Clearly you r like many of these new kids in the jailbreaking world and have never experienced firmware updates...many apps have been updated and if not yet, they will be soon plus there are always multiple apps that do the same thing and you can always fix them yourself...skins which r called themes in the iphone world can work with the iphone 4 all you need to do is add an extension at the end of the images when u ssh into ur phone

and video calling can work anywhere you can always download that app that lets u do facetime over 3g

lol 7s is a good modding site for video games but if you want a forum for iphone/ipod touch discussion that deals with jailbreaking this section of the site is not good cause there r kids like guy above me who doesnt know s***

KillZacular

KillZacular

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Clearly you r like many of these new kids in the jailbreaking world and have never experienced firmware updates...many apps have been updated and if not yet, they will be soon plus there are always multiple apps that do the same thing and you can always fix them yourself...skins which r called themes in the iphone world can work with the iphone 4 all you need to do is add an extension at the end of the images when u ssh into ur phone

and video calling can work anywhere you can always download that app that lets u do facetime over 3g

lol 7s is a good modding site for video games but if you want a forum for iphone/ipod touch discussion that deals with jailbreaking this section of the site is not good cause there r kids like guy above me who doesnt know s***

I was basing my post on the fact that he has never owned an IPhone 4 and may not know how to add an extension and make his own skins ect.

I am new to jailbreaking but I already know how to completely make my own skin and everything just fine. I am new but know a lot more than apparently all these retards that can't even update their skins to work on IPhone 4 and I have to do them all myself. I was mainly talking about the apps that all fail to work now with the IPhone 4 not the skins. The skins all work you just have to modify them a little.

For a guy who doesn't know crap I seem to be able to clearly read a post and handle the situation like an adult instead of flaming over a simple opinion on trying to help the guy that made this topic chose his next phone. I did not once say I was the smartest jail break expert out there. In fact, I did not even hardly mention jailbreaking at all, I just said that jail breaking an IPhone 4 isn't quite as worth it for all the effort you have to put in yourself to fixing buggy crap that's on the Cydia market/store/whatever.

Maybe that post was a little more clear and easier for you to understand. :wink:

H

h2o pete

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Yeah, you're right about the apps at the moment. iPhone has the better apps. But Android is open source and is improving so rapidly...it's not that the iOS is better for running apps than Android, it's just that more people are developing for the iPhone. Android is catching up though.

Top Bottom
Login
Register