What's new

Discussion There's A Scumbag Among Us

• Thread starter Jimi Hendrix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,354

Should there be a complete ban for people who claim someone elses mods?

• A ban should be put in place, but not a site ban

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Brick, where'd you get a hand grenade?
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
EDIT: Some people seem to think i am against USING someone elses mods, that is not the case. I am against CLAIMING other peoples mods. I find it disrespectful and i think that if you take others work and claim it to be yours then you dont desrve the right to access their work.

Today, i recieved a message from a gamertag KiNG BraNN zZ, concerning a 10th prestidge infection lobby. Here is the message he sent me.

"MTAFARP: im a modding ppls cod waw so they can host 10th/modded zombies for 1 person = 1200msp and 2 ppl 2100 msp message bak for more info."

Just from the spelling i realised he was a top class, useless tool. I sent him a message saying he shouldn't take credit for mods that aren't his and that he should stop trying to exploit people. To this he messaged me back saying

"YES THEY ARE MY MODS U TW*T I MODDED TE CODE POST.FF U C*NT"

I then pointed out that to get 10th prestidge infections, the NZP.ff is the primary file that is modded. To this he replied:-

"U DONT FINK I KNOW THAT U HAVE TO MOD IT WITH FFVIEWER IF YOU HAVE COD ILL PROVE U I CAN DO IT U LOW LIFE SCUM"

By this point his drunken nerd rage frenzy began to irritate me, i continuously pointed out faults with his story, saying that someone with the brains to do a complicated modded ISO like that would have the brains and sense to setup paypal. He again tried to prove himself by saying that he modded himself to 11th prestidge and that no-one else on se7ensins can do it. Many lulz were had by this time.

These mods most likely originated from Andrew74 and i told him this, again he denied it. After being called a virgin several times by the 2010 leecher he blocked me, my world collapsed. For srs.

These types of modders are the ones that put us all down, lowest of the low, without putting in any hard work or research they act like arrogant morons online, causing modding to be patched where possible. I believe this site should uphold a ban if a stupid, idiotic arsehole like KiNG BRaNN zZ is found to be ripping someone elses mods off, the ban could include things like restricted access to the site, all links to files should be closed off for them, unless they are willing to donate an appropriate amount to se7ensins or something like that. Even if proof is required i am willing to setup my capture card and make a video just to prove myself. I found the guys profile on se7ensins. Ill link it up below so everyone can -rep or whatever.

NONE OF THE MESSAGES ABOVE WERE ALTERED IN ANYWAY, ANY GRAMATICAL ERROR OR NERD RAGE IS ACTUAL.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/user/142874-king-brann-zz/

These types of modders are corrupting the modding community and until they are got rid of then modding will gradually get harder and harder and that sucks for everyone.

EDIT: If a moderator sees this could you please change the title as i realise now that it was a bit gung ho :smile: Thanks, something more appropriate would be nice :tongue:

ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
i understand what u mean on how hes bad for using someone elses patch, but its not all to bad, like he can host lobbies, its not like all these mods have a rule against them....... like for example mw2 modded lobbies people are charging for the zombies lobby/ regular 10th lobbies....... those are made by other people.

if the creator doesnt want it to be used he shouldn't release it....... i just find it kind of sad how this guy tries to charge like $15 for one person when its not a jtag...... its a flashed xbox he doesnt get banned easily so theres no risk. people can hotswap and host lobbies.....

im not taking sides, i think its kind of messed up making money off of someones work, but at the same time its shared with us to be used.

Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I see where youre coming from, but i just dont like how he persistantly tried to persuade me that he made the mods, i completely agree with the jtag mods though, considering its like what 40$ for a new kv i think that charging is the only option for people sometimes, its just that if asked about it then credit should be given were its due.

X

xxxzelda101xxx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm with zeek, if you don't want people to use it, don't release it.

C

Crippler

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
unfortunatley as ive learned leeching always going to be present. i even have a locked thread in the suggestion box about it. its just a fact of life. agreed if you dont want people to use you files dont release them, but that hurts the community as a whole, and slows progress. its a double edged sword.i guess you can charge like andrew does that will slow leeching but even then someone will buy it and post it eventually. so there really is no way to stop it.

Andzrej

AndzrejGFX

Contributor
Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
everyone has the information and they decide how to use it. Some handle it better than others.

Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
No youre all getting the wrong idea, i use other peoples mods all the time, but i dont CLAIM that i made it, i do not try and take credit for it. You all seem to think that everyone should make their own mods, making i shouldve made myself clearer...

D

doodlebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No youre all getting the wrong idea, i use other peoples mods all the time, but i dont CLAIM that i made it, i do not try and take credit for it. You all seem to think that everyone should make their own mods, making i shouldve made myself clearer...

I get what you are trying to say but I am just gunna put it plain and simple. The kids a dumba** and us blogging about isn't going to do anything

Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
How can you make a change if you dont try? I find your lack of enthuiasm to this kind of thing saddening, this is one of the reasons why modders get such a bad reputation.

A

Afatassninja

Chris farley
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
if you would have went into his game it probably would have said welcome to andrew74s lobby or his name in the top left

ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
i see what u mean, but all leechers "claim" everything.

he can say he made this, he can say he made the internet,
is it true? no.
can we stop him from saying it? no
people are ganna say that, and u just need to ignore it.
nobody is ganna pay microsoft points because thats like the most obvious sign of a scammer, and the fact that its world at war, just play public zombies and u can get into modded lobbies....... i host random free public lobbies all the time for the fun of it on my 3rd account :smile:

D

deformagraphic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe if 7s required that you post a few mods, new ones created by yourself, before being granted permition to view fourms? i dont use this site for other's mods, but for other's help, anyways. And its always usefull. I looked to 7s for help on fixing my xbox before i even called M$, they wouldn't take kindly to my flashed unbanned xbox, anyways ha.

K

KiNG BRaNN zZ

Reaction score
Sin$
mate i did not claim i made thes mods u are just being stupid and as someone here sed if u joined it would of sed welcome to andrew 74s lobby but i invited u several times but u never joined so ur wasting ur life posting thos s*** ow and BTW if they didnt want ppl to use there mods why post them on a public site ??

Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Youre a 2010er and you did claim those mods, i still have the f***ing mesages you sent me inbred. Youre not even worth the f***ing energy i use to type these replies

Welfare

W E L F A R E

Divine Android Omniscience
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Youre a 2010er and you did claim those mods, i still have the f***ing mesages you sent me inbred. Youre not even worth the f***ing energy i use to type these replies
You got something against 2010'ers? because i'm pretty sure i see a join date of 09-January 10 for you smart ***.

J

Justin is L1VE

Reaction score
Sin$
i completely agree. i personally use trolls modpack and never would take credit for it.

F

FiLTH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
mate i did not claim i made thes mods u are just being stupid and as someone here sed if u joined it would of sed welcome to andrew 74s lobby but i invited u several times but u never joined so ur wasting ur life posting thos s*** ow and BTW if they didnt want ppl to use there mods why post them on a public site ??

Well if that's the way you want it I won't help others with mods ever again..I have seen many and i mean MANY people trying to take credit for my code_posts or discoveries...and to top that off they ask for money or msp..giving the creator credit isn't hard and I'm sure asking for "donations" to help either you or the creator is ok since your giving up some of your time and effort but for f*** sake don't say give me $ or msp or else your not getting in.

This is just another reason I will postpone my latest code_post and you never know it might never be released.

You got something against 2010'ers? because i'm pretty sure i see a join date of 09-January 10 for you smart ***.

Um look at there posts..Grim has atleast tried to help the community...King on the other hand is a 1 post loser who according to this story takes credit for others work.

Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

Oh sorry, maybe i should of made myself clearer? Youre a "typical" 2010er. Is that better? I was on this site for a good while before i joined up and thats because i didnt have anything to contribute, soon as i did i signed up and made topics pretty much straight away.

Top Bottom
Login
Register