What's new

Solved There are so many diffrent modding instructions so what should I do?

Even though the posts are all together in one spot, is it confusing do to changes in dates for mods?

• Total voters
jayram1408

jayram1408

Reaction score
Sin$
I have 2 Xenon and 2 Zephyr boards. They all work but im trying to go about whats gonna be the best way to mod 2 of them? I want to do one of each. I want to chip them. All though I have never done a 360 but I have done several OG Xbox's. Im looking for the most reliable. I dont play online but will network the 2 or possibly the OG with the 360's at home for internetworking game play if possible. So suggestions? D:2.0.14719.0 – K:2.0.14719.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0) MFR DATE:2007-03-04.

Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would mod the 2 xenon ones and safe keep the zephyr. if they havent got the rubicons you need to change the capacitors on them or they are going to fail on you, add some mx4 for cpu gpu and a fan and you are done

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 2 Xenon and 2 Zephyr boards. They all work but im trying to go about whats gonna be the best way to mod 2 of them? I want to do one of each. I want to chip them. All though I have never done a 360 but I have done several OG Xbox's. Im looking for the most reliable. I dont play online but will network the 2 or possibly the OG with the 360's at home for internetworking game play if possible. So suggestions? D:2.0.14719.0 – K:2.0.14719.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0) MFR DATE:2007-03-04.

I am going to link you to the most up to date tutorial. RGH 1.2 is the preferred method to glitch a xenon. Zephyrs are extremely difficult to glitch. You've been warned! The most reliable 360 is the jasper (last phat version).

You will need an ace v3 glitch chip and a JR programmer. You can buy the ace v3 glitch chips on Ebay. I recommend that you 4 ace chips because one or two can be faulty. Get the jr programmer from modchipcentral (link below). I vouch for modchipcentral and shipping is fast.

Also try to get 360 2nd gen gpu heatsink to replace the useless one on the xenon. The 2nd gen gpu heatsink has the copper pipe. Check to see if your zephyrs have it to swap out or go on Ebay to buy one.The stock xenon cpu heatsink is good because it has copper. Use arctic silver 5 if possible to replace the thermal paste. AS5 performs better than mx-2 on 360s. You'll need all of the above to keep xenon temps in check.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/xenon-rgh1-2-freeboot-tutorial.1548848/

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Xecuter-J-R-Programmer-v2-USA-CANADA.html

Last edited:
Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah yes good call forgot the gpu heatsink, also again most important if you have the nichicon capacitors change them ALL! and place a 3mm rubber under the 4 ram chips all others are already mentioned.

Z

Zerker24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am going to link you to the most up to date tutorial. RGH 1.2 is the preferred method to glitch a xenon. Zephyrs are extremely difficult to glitch. You've been warned! The most reliable 360 is the jasper (last phat version).

You will need an ace v3 glitch chip and a JR programmer. You can buy the ace v3 glitch chips on Ebay. I recommend that you 4 ace chips because one or two can be faulty. Get the jr programmer from modchipcentral (link below). I vouch for modchipcentral and shipping is fast.

Also try to get 360 2nd gen gpu heatsink to replace the useless one on the xenon. The 2nd gen gpu heatsink has the copper pipe. Check to see if your zephyrs have it to swap out or go on Ebay to buy one.The stock xenon cpu heatsink is good because it has copper. Use arctic silver 5 if possible to replace the thermal paste. AS5 performs better than mx-2 on 360s. You'll need all of the above to keep xenon temps in check.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/xenon-rgh1-2-freeboot-tutorial.1548848/

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Xecuter-J-R-Programmer-v2-USA-CANADA.html
Falcons tend to be easier to get more reliable instaboots than jaspers (for new installers at least). People just say they can get RRoD easier. However I have a Falcon RGH 1 that I have had for like 10 years of regular use. Granted I clean the board regularly.

Xenons/Zephyrs tend to be difficult to glitch, and they are less reliable. Honestly, once you've spent the money on the upgrades suggested (which are HIGHLY recommended) You could have bought a falcon or jasper with are going to have more reliable boot times and will live a good long life.

Also, whatever console you do, replace your thermal paste. It's almost a necessity at this point. I personally put Artic Silver in everything, but there are alternating options on the best one to use.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah yes good call forgot the gpu heatsink, also again most important if you have the nichicon capacitors change them ALL! and place a 3mm rubber under the 4 ram chips all others are already mentioned.

Getting a jasper on Ebay under $40 is a smarter decision. It is a lot easier and quicker to glitch. It will not rrod

I would donate your consoles to goodwill and buy a jasper on Ebay for under $40. It is a lot easier to glitch (less work than with xenons) and it will not rrod.

Top Bottom
Login
Register