What's new

Question {THEORY} Would It Be Possible To Start Savegame Modding?

L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard that when update 2.0 comes out, you will be able to save your savegames onto a external USB storage device. Would that make it possible to start savegame modding? I don't see why it couldnt. I mean, we would need to decrypt the savegame first, but if someone figures out how to do that. It would be possible right?

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly think we will see a lot of it, but that's all depending on what the community has planned as far as releases for it.

L

Legend

Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly think we will see a lot of it, but that's all depending on what the community has planned as far as releases for it.
Do you think it will be as easy as the 360, where you download a program, and you can just press buttons and its modded, or would it have to be hex editing for a while, before we can do something like the 360.

Gamsave modding is usually a given xD
And yeah... i think thats why they didn't include it earlier.

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think it will be as easy as the 360, where you download a program, and you can just press buttons and its modded, or would it have to be hex editing for a while, before we can do something like the 360.

And yeah... i think thats why they didn't include it earlier.
Depends if these games still use hex as variables to their unlocks, data, etc.

Zobell

Zobell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd like to see this, but I still can't get my USB to work on the PS4 at all, so it won't really affect me either way.

PS - Love the icon/sig.

xxpsychosis

xxpsychosis

The cake is a lie!
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
JlEJR4u.png
This a screen shot of what the files are in the ps4 saves.. I cant do much with it on my cromebook tho so if anyone wants to try and play with the files i will upload it somehwere

NotJordon

NotJordon

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
JlEJR4u.png
This a screen shot of what the files are in the ps4 saves.. I cant do much with it on my cromebook tho so if anyone wants to try and play with the files i will upload it somehwere
Look's like the save files get split up into parts then probably put together when loaded. Is it like that for all games?

L

Legend

Reaction score
Sin$
Could be some sort of hash/signature system to stop you from simply editing a few things without first resigning it.
All the files are connected. So for example, if you edit a value in 1 file, there is something in another file that needs to be edited for it to work. Which is a pain...

Top Bottom
Login
Register