Discussion [Theory] Dvar that locks dvars

• Thread starter boarder1042
  • Start date
  • Views 3,508
B

boarder1042

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a theory i have about playlist updates and dvars. Go ahead and flame.

The only resoning i can come up with for the dvars being patched is that IW has dvars in their playlist updates.

Is there a dvar that can block all other dvars after you leave the lobby? Or is this even possible?

S

Siinner

Se7en Psycho
Reaction score
Actually a really good idea. We should do some research on it. Do you happen to know any of the dvars that cancel it out? And also I will be sure to work hard on this when I get my jtag back :wink:

Y

Yamaha

Contributor
Reaction score
Like Siinner said it's a good idea.

A

Andrew74

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe in the dev.gsc in the common_mp.ff.
I'll go look now.

Z

zy0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhm... let me clarify some things... they have the ability to set dvar's server side... all they have to do is add the dvars that are commonly abused to be set at the beginning of each match... to cancel out any hacks... there is no way to stop this. They could even do it client side, with an updated patch that does the same thing... remember whilst on jtag you are free = if(ifHost())... nonjtag = patched :smile:

A

Apathy

Reaction score
my theory is that in the play list updates all they are doing is changing the max value of the most popular dvars to what they want so we cant exploit them as client side infections in ranked matches to give us an advantage but allow them to be used in private matchs for fun cause they dont want us to get bored....

B

boarder1042

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhm... let me clarify some things... they have the ability to set dvar's server side... all they have to do is add the dvars that are commonly abused to be set at the beginning of each match... to cancel out any hacks... there is no way to stop this. They could even do it client side, with an updated patch that does the same thing... remember whilst on jtag you are free = if(ifHost())... nonjtag = patched :smile:
i dont mean to be rude, but "they have the ability to set dvar's server side". Has this been proven? thats why i titled this theory, but from what ive seen (private vs match making) i dont think its server side.

If it were server side, the dvars we know would be patched in private match also seeing as the game is on their server. It has to be client side in match making.

there has to be a dvar to stop them from patching on the client side. Im sure down the road (dunno how soon) they will patch that too. For now tho, i just wanna see 1 thing in action again. Aimbot on wasteland.

B

boarder1042

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my theory is that in the play list updates all they are doing is changing the max value of the most popular dvars to what they want so we cant exploit them as client side infections in ranked matches to give us an advantage but allow them to be used in private matchs for fun cause they dont want us to get bored....

If it were server side, why not patch all of it. Why leave dvars in private matches. It just doesnt make sense.

server side / client side. shouldnt matter. There should be something out there that can block the dvars sent from the server side when you go into match making.

Im saying that there are dvars that automatically infect you as soon as you go into match making which overwrites the dvars you currently have. (setting everything to default when you go to "find match")

There has to be a way to block dvars from being added.

H

Hiide

Getting There
Reaction score
Boarder is like, a mof***in computer genius n s*** mang.

B

boarder1042

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldnt say that. Just common sense and logic.

T

Trammell

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
i dont mean to be rude, but "they have the ability to set dvar's server side". Has this been proven? thats why i titled this theory, but from what ive seen (private vs match making) i dont think its server side.

If it were server side, the dvars we know would be patched in private match also seeing as the game is on their server. It has to be client side in match making.

there has to be a dvar to stop them from patching on the client side. Im sure down the road (dunno how soon) they will patch that too. For now tho, i just wanna see 1 thing in action again. Aimbot on wasteland.
OMG don't be a idiot the dvars are set server side how else do you think they could be patched with out a title update they have it set the dvar to default on the start of a match.

Also if there is anyway to block it, its going to be a script and not a dvar which therefore means YOU NEED A JTAG ONLINE which means you have gotten no further then you were before.

G

GuysUnderMeSuck

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You do not know how server side / client side Dvar work...

B

BigWalrus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dvars are set at the beginning of the game. that is why some dvar's don't work. not because they canceled them out(in most cases). they have them get set at the beginning of games so that it will stop cheaters and some things in game very from gametype, map, ect. the only way they can remove a dvar from the game is by doing a title update because the game is coded to use the dvars and they can change that with title updates to remove them. now with playlist updates they just update it so on game starts they set the dvars to what they want them to be and then those dvars they set are then used by the game instead of using the value you set. they could easily block all infections with a playlist update.

S

Siinner

Se7en Psycho
Reaction score
Please stop the flaming. I dont want this thread to get locked. I want to research this...

K

kidz14

Reaction score
slow *** server triple postin my s***

M

ManUnited

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you dont understand serverside clientside do you?
if u did youd understand serverside cant be touched the only way to be touched would be to hack IW servers
also clientside interacts with serverside
dvars are clientside
when clientside connects to serverside serverside says no thats bad clientside
clientside says ok and serverside rewrites new dvars
and now clientside is over his drug addiction hope u like my story

and for ther person that says cool story bro
yes it was a cool story ^^

K

kidz14

Reaction score
ya but if you go through some ff's you'll see that sometimes they string they're dvars together not exactly sure how to implement the dvar lock with it (if there is such a thing still trying to figure out what it does atm) but looks like: setClientDvars( "ui_challenge_1_ref", "ch_marksman_ak47",
"ui_challenge_2_ref", "ch_ak47_gl",
"ui_challenge_3_ref", "ch_ak47_reflex",
"ui_challenge_4_ref", "ch_ak47_silencer",
"ui_challenge_5_ref", "ch_ak47_acog",
"ui_challenge_6_ref", "ch_ak47_fmj",
"ui_challenge_7_ref", "ch_ak47_mastery" );

edit: also i think i might have something here found a, setsaveddvar

Z

zy0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldnt say that. Just common sense and logic.
Neither of which you have displayed here...

you dont understand serverside clientside do you?
if u did youd understand serverside cant be touched the only way to be touched would be to hack IW servers
also clientside interacts with serverside
dvars are clientside
when clientside connects to serverside serverside says no thats bad clientside
clientside says ok and serverside rewrites new dvars
and now clientside is over his drug addiction hope u like my story

and for ther person that says cool story bro
yes it was a cool story ^^

YAY!!! :biggrin:

K

kc34

Reaction score
I don't think you guys understand how the client dvars work and how IW patches them:

When the hotfix came out, it made it so that every Public game ran a script before the game started that sets ALL the dvars to their default value. e.g. to patch the UAV code, they used:

Code:
self setClientDvar("compassEnemyFootstepEnabled", "1"); 
self setClientDvar("compassEnemyFootstepMaxRange", "500"); 
self setClientDvar("compassEnemyFootstepMaxZ", "100"); 
self setClientDvar("compassEnemyFootstepMinSpeed", "140"); 
self setClientDvar("compassRadarUpdateTime", "2");
self setClientDvar("compassFastRadarUpdateTime", "2");
// these are the dvars default values (i think)

This code is then re-run on every single public game that you connect to. Before the hotfix, they game would normally have these dvars inside your normal patch_mp.ff, so they didn't need to run these on every public game. Now that jtags and infections found a way to change these values, they had to run these at the beginning of every public game. This is also how they do double xp weekend by adding the dvar:

Code:
self setDvar("scr_xpscale", "2");

EDIT: This method of patching is even effective on a JTAG console online. Even if a jtag went online and had the current UAV always on code in the patch, it still wouldn't work because even a jtag can't control what IW does server side. With a jtag, you could make a script that would be a uav always on, but as far as doing it with just dvars, it still wouldn't work.

K

kidz14

Reaction score
you sure about that lol how bout this for thought on a jtag you can setup the dvars in-gam on button click so f*** iw setting them up on connect

Edit: i still think they are lockable, just like a "const int" is not changeable

Top Bottom