What's new

News The Xbox Series X is basically a PC...

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Why this hasn't been posted yet idk but...

xboxseriesx.0.jpg

Source:

Thoughts? looks like I'll be moving over to the PS5. :what:

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean? I thought both Xbox/Playstation were already PCs with custom software...lol

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean? I thought both Xbox/Playstation were already PCs with custom software...lol

Read the spoiler...
But yes, you're right; I think it's because of how the new XBOX was designed and the size of it. :thumbsup:

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Read the spoiler...
But yes, you're right; I think it's because of how the new XBOX was designed and the size of it. :thumbsup:
I understand. Personally I like the PC like design but everyone is of course different.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It was posted on someone's profile here where we were talking about it. But yeah , basically a custom PC without the freedom. Soon it will be shipped with mouse and keyboard that can only connect to xbox pc lol

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
It was posted on someone's profile here where we were talking about it. But yeah , basically a custom PC without the freedom. Soon it will be shipped with mouse and keyboard that can only connect to xbox pc lol

I just hope the PS5 isn't a let down too. :roflmao:

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just hope the PS5 isn't a let down too. :roflmao:
how is the console a let down? It basically sounds like your just bashing the design of it seems like 2 Xbox one controllers high I have seen PC case's exactly like this. Its not about the design for me its about the power within the console.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It should come as no shock that the next console will be running basically the same os as the one is. The last round of consoles came in with cross platform in mind. It shouldn't be a shocker that in order to cool and run anywhere near gaming pc the size of the console would need to be changed. In the end I would expect the sony console to end up very similar in shape. Microsoft has pushed the issue with cross platform for quite a while. Now with Sony on board they will likely attempt to push into crossing with pc on the regular.
In order for players to not hav an advantage over another the consoles obviously need to have more power.
With this happening games will have more people playing in each lobby or session. As many games come out with long time followers that leaves less to play other games. So by crossplay we can actually fill these other titles. And lets be real here. There are many games we console players do not get to have unless we switch to pc. With these new pc like consoles those games will start pushing to console. Which will help pc players as well since we will be crossplaying with them.
This next round of consoles are likely going to be some real fun times.
If you look at the picture of that console and take into account the length of the drive and the size of that controller you will see the console isn't as large as a pc tower. It's actually closer to the size of the xbox one x. It is just standing up and looks taller.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
how is the console a let down? It basically sounds like your just bashing the design of it seems like 2 Xbox one controllers high I have seen PC case's exactly like this. Its not about the design for me its about the power within the console.

Also, yes... it's about the power of the console but also about the design. I buy consoles because they're consoles, I don't want a gaming PC (I own one but don't use it) if you buy a console like the Series X, you might as well go ahead and buy a PC because it'll be about the same price and you'll get more out of the PC. simple.

XBOX has let us down, hoping the PS5 is better! :cry:

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
so just two gamecube stacked on top of each other.

unless there some AAAA title i want to play, prob stick with my X

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Design is terrible but the specs are nice. They should've just made it the shape of an X being that size. I think I even have a mini fridge that's the same size. Depending on the price I'll get it or the one X but I'll probably say f*** it an get it anyways. Was hoping for a special launch edition or a Halo edition.

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn I must be the only one thinking this looks sleek. It would look right at home next to my speakers in my room. It's a shame that I'll be sticking to Sony and getting the PS5, unless there's something drastic that I hate then I will be copping the new XBOX. The specs for both are promising enough to get me excited though, so either will be fine with me

I

Immortal Dabz

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the design is just fine. More power bigger console it's simple really. Also as usual it will probably get an upgrade down the line and slim version will come out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register