Dismiss Notice
A Message from Viotek
At Viotek, we’re gamers at heart. That’s why we’re extremely excited to be teaming up with Se7enSins, a gaming community created by gamers, for gamers. Their focus? Bringing high-quality content and discussion to the industry. That’s exactly how we feel about our monitors and gaming peripherals. From making high-performing curving monitors more affordable, to breaking all rules with color-rich TN panels. In the coming weeks, we’ll be working with Se7enSins to deliver branded content, promotions and contests to their diverse, tight-knit community. For us, it’s more than a game. It’s life. Save $20 on your next purchase using the link below. Valid through May 31st. https://amzn.to/2Hxxxyx

The, "What Capture Should I Get?" Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Videos' started by Chix, Nov 6, 2010 with 132 replies and 23,559 views.

1. adamcar00

adamcar00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I cant believe what im saying but. I think the dazzle is the best. Cheap price. Comes with an editing software. Configure it right and you can get true hd

2. Geeks Life

Geeks Life Member

Ratings:
    I have an HDPVR, but I do not use it anymore.

3. xMegaSimManx

xMegaSimManx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok all of these are ****. If your looking for hd or for one for youtube you need either the Hauppage or the Elgato. The elgato is cheaper, less buggy, my hq, and smaller. Get the Elgato....[DOUBLEPOST=1372817270][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You have no concept of what HD is. If you are recording non HD at the start 480P or less and just render it to 740p it doesn't make it HD. 480p is HQ (High quality (90s talk)) None of these are any good. This is a disgrace of a forum, and this person wants the world to burn. Get HD or don't start at all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cloud 9

Cloud 9 Flyin high on Cloud 9

Ratings:
    What about the Elgato Game Capture HD it's a great device it records all sorts of devices in up to 1080p quality :smile:

5. xMegaSimManx

xMegaSimManx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The elgato its one of the best.

6. Cloud 9

Cloud 9 Flyin high on Cloud 9

Ratings:
    Yes it is i have had it for about a month now and i love this little device deffinatly beats all other cap cards in my opinion and i have had alot of cap cards

7. zRegann

zRegann Ye Diggin It Kid?

Ratings:
    Elgato had mine for a while.

8. UFOs

UFOs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The Elgato HD recorder in my opinion is the best

• Record your PlayStation or Xbox gameplay to a Mac or PC
    • Built-in live streaming to YouTube and Twitch
    • Full HD 1080p capture
    • Lag-free HDMI pass-through to the TV
    • Flashback Recording feature to record retroactively
    • One-click sharing to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
    • Compact size and easy setup
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. hendrix1212

hendrix1212 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  10. vXelerate

vXelerate Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Elgato is the best trust me.

11. Beardyman

Beardyman Lifetime Premium Lifetime

Ratings:
    I own a Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition, however, I may switch to the Elgato HD as I've heard a lot of good things about it. It's a lot more compact too, which is handy.

12. Cynder

Cynder Local Weird Guy Premium

Ratings:
    I own a Hauppauge HD-PVR and i enjoy it, it records 1080i perfectly for me and works well in Sony vegas

13. xMegaSimManx

xMegaSimManx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1080i is not good compared to 1080p. If you have a choice always go with 1080p or higher. Always p never i.
    Elgato is 2x as good as any Hauppage. I've owned everything from the EzCap to Roxio and Elgato to Aver Media Portable. Any Capture card Questions? Come to me and I can help.

14. Cynder

Ratings:
    Well 1080p on my tv makes my tv black screen, so i can only run it through the 1080i

15. xMegaSimManx

xMegaSimManx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well then you need to upgrade your tv and not buy one from a Mexican garage sell.

no offence

16. Jroderton

Jroderton Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The Elgato is what I was looking at. The only thing that sucks is that I'm going to uploading and editing with an old 08 Macbook. The Elgato can be set to not record in 1080, right? Unfortunately I don't think I could process that at the moment.

17. xMegaSimManx

xMegaSimManx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    2008 isn't that bad. Just you could only be recording and not multitasking anything.

18. Jroderton

Jroderton Enthusiast

Ratings:

So you think I'd be good to go with the 1080 stuff as long as I only have the video editing open?

19. xMegaSimManx

xMegaSimManx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I dont think it would be to hard.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cynder

Ratings:
    well i got mine in 2010 from Target and the only thing that messes up is the 1080p