Tutorial The virus and You

ZoZo

ZoZo

Adventure begins where fear ends.
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
This is very nice thank you for posting this will come in handy for many. :smile:
Thank you for the nice reply and you're welcome :smile: I do hope it helps many.

ZoZo

ZoZo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have added a new Anti-Malware program called "Herd Protect" you can get it by clicking the green dots below the shield. It's an AMAZING tool that is perfect for removing RATS. Herd Protect will go through every last mb on your pc and will take out anything malicious. Herd Protect is a very comprehensive scan and will take a while but believe me when I say this, it is worth it.

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I enjoyed your tutorial! Im giving that herd protection deal a try. I just did a fresh recovery on my laptop and recovered some files, so scan scan scan.....

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a few things to add here on the note of bots, bots have become more prevalent and are a growing threat in the future society we are running in. And I'm going to share a short truth with you that most people fail to neglect about them, MOST bots when treated correctly by the malicious spreader can be undetectable by most antivirus software around through crypting and other techniques. So sometimes you may not know at all. Some bots also have capabilites to spread through USB as well. It's grown rather bad. And note: Antivirus is relatively useless for the better computer user. If you have gotten a virus it's because you have downloaded something extremely sketchy. While this is not always the case, most of the time it is. So the best tip of all, is learn to recognize what is safe and what is not. While you may not always know for sure, you can at least have a better understanding. Pair with something like a sandbox environment mentioned in the thread and you should be perfect. Also if you have any more questions about bots, and the types there are, look into IRC Bots, and HTTP bots. Some more known HTTP include Athena.

Regards,
-Professional

ZoZo

ZoZo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a few things to add here on the note of bots, bots have become more prevalent and are a growing threat in the future society we are running in. And I'm going to share a short truth with you that most people fail to neglect about them, MOST bots when treated correctly by the malicious spreader can be undetectable by most antivirus software around through crypting and other techniques. So sometimes you may not know at all. Some bots also have capabilites to spread through USB as well. It's grown rather bad. And note: Antivirus is relatively useless for the better computer user. If you have gotten a virus it's because you have downloaded something extremely sketchy. While this is not always the case, most of the time it is. So the best tip of all, is learn to recognize what is safe and what is not. While you may not always know for sure, you can at least have a better understanding. Pair with something like a sandbox environment mentioned in the thread and you should be perfect. Also if you have any more questions about bots, and the types there are, look into IRC Bots, and HTTP bots. Some more known HTTP include Athena.

Regards,
-Professional
I appreciate your reply and will be sure to add this and give credit where it is due.

I enjoyed your tutorial! Im giving that herd protection deal a try. I just did a fresh recovery on my laptop and recovered some files, so scan scan scan.....
Thank you. Herd Protect just helps you out a great deal :smile:

Last edited:
X

XxCrazyPersonxX

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I appreciate your reply and will be sure to add this and give credit where it is due.

Thank you. Herd Protect just helps you out a great deal :smile:
Well it found one thing that Malwarebytes, and Norton missed. At the same time It hasn't stated what about the program made it flag it yet, and it used to be a trusted program.

F

Farfar8

Reaction score
Sin$
Just saying, But this is not how you remove rats. And Rootkits & Malware can still be left even if you do a system restore.

"First off, Most rats are ran threw internet access, So un-plug your pc from the internet (Unplug the router/modem) and run your pc in safe mode, After that, Run malwarebytes. While Malwarebytes is searching, Un-install any programs you think are malicious. After Malwarebytes runs and you select the option that restarts the computer after malwarebytes is done, Run your pc normally. The malicious content should be gone. "

ZoZo

ZoZo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just saying, But this is not how you remove rats. And Rootkits & Malware can still be left even if you do a system restore.

"First off, Most rats are ran threw internet access, So un-plug your pc from the internet (Unplug the router/modem) and run your pc in safe mode, After that, Run malwarebytes. While Malwarebytes is searching, Un-install any programs you think are malicious. After Malwarebytes runs and you select the option that restarts the computer after malwarebytes is done, Run your pc normally. The malicious content should be gone. "
I am using this from my knowledge. I have successfully removed many RATs this way. Now if you can please stop going into my threads and bashing on whatever I post, that would be great. Thanks.

Converse

Converse

The Champion
Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for this. I will be sure to research it and add it.
Java/Exploit is a malicious application that allows hackers to remotely access you computer system letting them modify files, steal personal information and install more unwanted software.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just saw this thread title and thought of something completely different. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Anyone with the name ZoZo ZoZo should know what I mean.

Top Bottom
Login
Register