Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks. Its a sick thread. Should be sticky!!! :wink:

I

iPirate

"Slipknot is LOVE, Slipknot is LIFE"
Reaction score
Sin$
Linux and the Darwin foundation of Mac OS are both based upon Unix. Mac OS is not a Linux operating system.

Linux is based on Unix but have it's own cell. MAC OS is based on Linux and MAC OS is a linux OS. Get it right.

Kbho

Kbho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But if they infect your computer with a RAT, then they'll be able to re-enable the webcam, and view live footage via an attack using programs such as metasploit? (Correct me if i'm wrong)

ZoZo

ZoZo

Adventure begins where fear ends.
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
But if they infect your computer with a RAT, then they'll be able to re-enable the webcam, and view live footage via an attack using programs such as metasploit? (Correct me if i'm wrong)
They could re-active the web cam (if they know how to) but most likely, that won't happen.

Kbho

Kbho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They could re-active the web cam (if they know how to) but most likely, that won't happen.
Most 'hackers' or people that create these viruses are generally quite experienced within that department, and will have the knowledge and determination to get this and potentially commit Identity Fraud or start to blackmail you. Nice thread though :biggrin:

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a really detailed and informative thread. I found the part about restoring my computer very helpful. I am just hoping to last my current laptop for little longer and than i will have enough money to purchase a brand new one. Thanks for this amazing thread because it did help me and it is great to see that it has been pinned.

Last edited:
Ultra Pikey

Ultra Pikey

The Welshman
AzzidReign Jr Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Many thank thanks to the original thread creator. I have found the post and some of the subsequent posts to be rather enlightening and informative on topics that I was not wholly knowledgeable about.

Xen0n Mods

Xen0n Mods

Falcon RGH2
Reaction score
Sin$
Great read! I've been interested in removing viruses and doing network security ever since when I was in year 11. W32/sasser.worm was exploited through the shared folder spreading to over 75 PC's.

ZoZo

ZoZo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I appreciate all the feedback from above, I was not very active for a couple of months so I wasn't able to thank y'all. I'm glad it has helped y'all! Please tell people about this as it may be able to help them.

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
I can see certain information is just a clean copy and paste from external websites. Nevertheless, a good topic for people to read up on, nice job.

ZoZo

ZoZo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I can see certain information is just a clean copy and paste from external websites. Nevertheless, a good topic for people to read up on, nice job.
Yes certain information is a copy and paste, and the other is not. And thank you.

ZoZo

ZoZo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have updated the thread with "Ransomware" to the list. The "Bitdefender" image is larger because I recommend it more than anything.

ZoZo

ZoZo

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have added "Emsisoft". It is best to decrypt a ransomeware virus.

Top Bottom
Login
Register