The UMP45????

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by samw921, Feb 5, 2010 with 25 replies and 606 views.

1. samw921

samw921 Newbie

Ratings:
    I don't know if it's just me, but i've noticed that a LOT of people have started using this gun lately. personally i think it is ok but not great. Did anyone else notice this and do you guys use it?

2. Monster Travis

Monster Travis Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's a good gun, doesn't really need stopping power on it. I like it and use it often.

3. cryptik chaos

cryptik chaos Newbie

Ratings:
    Someones just actually started a thread on this. check it out

4. iOnlySnipezx

iOnlySnipezx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've used it from the beginning it being in the first recon class. But looking at that damage chart picture I've started using the FAL ftw!

5. OP
    samw921

samw921 Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks cryptic chaos i didnt know. sorry for posting a whole new thread:smile:

6. Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Because it's perfect with Maraton and Lightweight.

7. Alex

Alex chazbae Retired

Ratings:
    Very good with the silencer, makes it less bouncy haha

8. cryptik chaos

cryptik chaos Newbie

Ratings:
    Kust thought i'd let u know :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calummz

Calummz Newbie

Ratings:
    Very good gun, in my opinion the best gun in the game due to range to power and that you can have any perk and can drop players in 4-5 bullets.

10. Hostile.

Hostile. Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Stopping power makes it ridiculous, lightweight with it even works, since its power makes it one of the few guns that you can easily longrange and win gunbattles with.

Mobility, silencer is great with it.

11. Alex

Alex chazbae Retired

Ratings:
    4-5?! I use Marathon/Lightweight and Ninja with the gun and I can drop them in 3 body shots! The gun is pure power

12. SuperDooper

SuperDooper Contributor

Ratings:
    Dude its fine if you wanna post a whole new thread on a gun.....thats why this section is called MW2 Discussion, So dont be sorry, and dont worry about it.

Anyways, I have to say that this is the best gun for hard core.....simply because short or long range it cant be stopped, and it hardly needs stopping power...its a great gun.

13. zCriMsoN

zCriMsoN Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The gun is pretty strong. I use the TAR-21 bling holographic/fmj most of the time though.

14. Zariash

Zariash Newbie

Ratings:
    I always used to use it up until I first pretiged, I then started using M4A1 and now Scar-H.

15. Hiide

Hiide Getting There

Ratings:
    because its a good gun?

16. Burnin

Burnin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have over 4k kills with it, started using the mp5k lately though seems better short-medium range. :wink:

17. SharpGhost

SharpGhost Reach for the Stars VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Yeah it's like everyone was using the FAMAS at one point then it slid over to the SCAR and then finally to the UMP. Alot of montages and professionals getting nukes in mere minutes with only a UMP has given it alot of popularity, that's my theory anyways.

18. Konner

Konner Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's my most used gun, but I know it's extremely overpowered.

It does more long-range damage than an assault rifle, has very little recoil, nearly none with a silencer, and the list goes on... I'll still use it because the P90 kills too slow and the MP5K needs FMJ or Extended Mags.

19. M V P

M V P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Same reason people use M16 and FAMAS. Easy kills for people who suck :wink: Although, it ain't as bad as M16 or Famas. Except the fact it can kill snipers in two bullets..............Ehem. The UMP can lose in firefights with a MP5k up close or uZi because of their excelling fire rate. The M16 wins all.. 'Nuff said

20. Recovery

Recovery Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Actually the UMP dominates all ranges, fire-rate means nothing. Especially in hardcore, the other day a guy hit me with 3 bullets from a Mini-Uzi and I turned around and one shot him with the UMP. In hardcore with lightweight it only takes a mere bullet, and the UMP is my #1 gun, besides the SCAR.

The M16 has lost it's touch in MW2 though. I personally have over 4,000 kills with the M16 and when I turn to other guns like the FAMAS, the FAMAS has a better feel to it in my opinion.