Which is Better?

• Total voters
Slipkvlt

Blac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Which do you think is better?

In my opinion, Mac is the best operating system out there.
I think that Windows was made for working etc... and the Mac was made for teens, and yeah, it's the opposite of the Windows OP, in my opinion.

Operating System
  1. Windows
Data

Data

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Never used a Mac before so I am gonna have to represent for Windows I guess.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows 7 S***s all over the competition. Sorry but I've worked with both OS's and I just can't see myself ever using Mac again. It was a horrifying experience to say the least.

otlsg0.jpg

Ripper

Ripper

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't used any of the major OS's for a while, I'm running a custom OS which a friend of my dad's made and handles.

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows. Macs are overpriced, and with the like $2000 you'd spend on a Mac, you can build a custom PC of better specs and still have money left after.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea windows has so much more than a Mac has to offer - like more programs, viruses everything is more with windows good and bad to say the least lol I like my windows 7 :biggrin:

UBA Fatman UBA

UBA Fatman UBA

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Macs are disgustingly over priced for some under powered hardware, Windows is great but runs too slow on my low power hardware. Linux is Jesus because it'll run on horrible specs but can be customized for super expensive rigs.

qaadka

qaadka

Se7en Elite
Reaction score
Sin$
Mac. Far less viruses and can run all windows programs if you download VMWare. As for mac's being far overpriced, Buy a Dell Mini 10 and install Mac on it... 10" Mac Netbook for $300

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mac. Far less viruses and can run all windows programs if you download VMWare. As for mac's being far overpriced, Buy a Dell Mini 10 and install Mac on it... 10" Mac Netbook for $300

If you were smart and didn't download stupid S*** named "virus.exe" then you wouldn't have any problems. Windows is for people who actually have a brain, a mac is for people who are amused by "pretty colours" and have no sense of value.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Lol VMWare is a virtual machine. This basically makes buying a mac null since you're using a different OS on it in the first place. Buy a Dell Mini (PC) and then put a Apple OS on it... Ok it's still a PC... not a Mac...

Headshots 1125

Headshots 1125

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Why the F*** would I spend $1000+ when I can just buy the parts for $300 and put OSX on it. BTW Windows S***s on mac. Even Linux S***s on mac.

xSSx COTTLE

xSSx COTTLE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Apple just dont have what it takes to make a OS.. over 90% of software in the internet, Doesnt have a mac version.. So i say windows

Apple can make MP3's and even the iPhone turned out good but i do not trust them with an OS, although they do have good customer support and more viruses are aimed at windows working invoroments. Only because its more popular (Anti Virus with keep it safe anyway)..

Windows 7 for example is Faster, Uses Less resorces, Easyer to use, Has more Applications built in, More applications designed for it and Its the most popular..

qaadka

qaadka

Se7en Elite
Reaction score
Sin$
Apple just dont have what it takes to make a OS.. over 90% of software in the internet, Doesnt have a mac version.. So i say windows

Apple can make MP3's and even the iPhone turned out good but i do not trust them with an OS, although they do have good customer support and more viruses are aimed at windows working invoroments. Only because its more popular (Anti Virus with keep it safe anyway)..

Windows 7 for example is Faster, Uses Less resorces, Easyer to use, Has more Applications built in, More applications designed for it and Its the most popular..

The reason there is alot less software for the MAC is because people find it harder to develop programs.

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The reason there is alot less software for the MAC is because people find it harder to develop programs.

The reason there is less software is for more than just one reason.

-They like to r*** developers with horrifying licenses
-Why code for the minority OS?
-Most developers(coders) probably hate Apple with a passion.
-Apple is conceived as good because of what the OS can do, and adding more programs to it will show the flaws more because it isn't a great all-around system, it's a great few-uses system. For example, it's good for design and music.

H

Hughes

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
i haven't used all the systems yet so i'm going with my roots. Windows. i had a linux installation disc but never installed it.

vnulol

vnulol

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Linux is where its at, but it's annoying as hell that 60% of things don't work and you have to look or write your own stuff to make them work. windows is the best because you can do so much on it, and everything was built around windows. Mac is definitely better for the kiddie group, hard to mess them up and not much you can do besides school uses.

wait, people actually buy apple desktops? wth? why would you do that to yourself

mac laptop is argueable as good or better than windows laptop for the same price, since you need to drop 1.3k atleast for a gaming laptop, and even than laptops suck for gaming.

Mac desktop is just..dumb. no way to upgrade it in the future, can't play any games from after 1998, can't run 90% of software (100% of modding software, far as i'm aware) and is just a huge waste of money

S

Sauby02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say linux, If there was more support for everyday programs like itunes but windows wine doesn't cut it. So I have to say windows 7 because I've never used a mac.

B

batherson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows all the way. Macs are just...terrible. Yes they have less viruses because no idiot is going to bother making a virus for an OS like mac. Sticking with Windows XP here, only used windows 7 once. Macs are completely useless other than for music or just going on facebook. Windows was made to work.

Top Bottom
Login
Register