What's new

Tutorial The Ultimate Guide on Black Ops !!

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Dazee's Ultimate Guide to Own on COD: Black Ops !

What's up everyone. First I'm going to explain what is the point of this guide, and what it will bring you. This guide has many things. From ranking up fast to getting amazing scores and even on how to get a high amount of COD Points legitely.
The main aim of this is so that you can have a good time on Black Ops, get amazing scores and rank up fast at the same time, so let's get started !
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
The First Topic:​
Welcome to the first topic. This will help you know the basics of Black Ops.
The first major thing I must include are guns. Each gun can vary on how good it is for different players. If you are a guy that likes to rush in instead of sitting back or even likes to let them come to you then you are hardly going to use a sniper rifle or a Light Machine Gun. If you are playing on a close quarters map like summit or nuketown then you definately need to go with a Sub Machine Gun or a Shotgun. I would suggest a Sub Machine Gun but the choice is yours.

If you are wondering why, then the simple fact is, when you come face to face with someone and you have an assault rifle, a sniper rifle or a light machine gun and he has a sub machine gun or a shotgun, you've just lost the battle.
An SMG can aim in and shoot around 2 times faster than a LMG, if not faster. It is nearly the same comparison for the Assault Rifle also.Sub Machine Guns and Shotguns excelle in close quarters combat and is definately a must for a close quarters map.

Now lets talk about bigger maps. Maps like jungle, WMD, Array etc, definately are a different case. The guns I would suggest are assault rifles. These will allow you to play as an attacker and also play defensively. Assault rifles are the best guns in the game for this sort of stuff. If you rush in you will still have a bit of distance and will not be completely face to face whilst facing an enemy.
If you are going to sit back and you can get up to a good viewpoint which basically covers a main part of the map then use a sniper as it will benefit you so much + get you a very high score.

black-ops-weapons-damage-chart.jpg

The Second Topic:​
This topic is based on showing you the best gametypes to get ranked up much faster or if you want a higher kill to death ratio.
Let's start off with the best gametypes which will get you ranked up must faster.
Search and Destroy is without a doubt, the best gametype you can rank up fast in. The reason for this is because it is 500XP per kill which is 5 kills is Team Deathmatch. If you can average 2 kills per minute then that is 1000XP + the match bonus which is usually high. This means that you should get between 2-4 kills per round in Search and Destroy which turns into 1000XP-2000XP + the match bonus of around 200XP-500XP.
Let's compare this to Team Deathmatch. A very good player could probably average around a kill every 20-30 seconds every game of Team Deathmatch whilst an average player could get a kill per 30-40 seconds. This means that if you are a good player you will be earning an average of 300XP-500XP per minute which is at least half a score per round on Search and Destroy. 500XP may not seem like much, but I can guarentee, in the long run it will get you ranked up so quicker.
My advice is to play Team Deathmatch from around level 1 until level 20 or 25. The reason for this is because you will then have the right guns to use and you will also be close to rank 30. If you are wondering why I said rank 30 then that is because you unlock a specific challenge zone which is great for Search and Destroy. The challenge system and tips will be explained at a later point.
The Third Point:​
This topic will help show you the best Killstreaks for a particular gametype.
First off, if you are playing a respawn gametype, then I would highly suggest using the Spy Plane and the Blackbird without a doubt. These two killstreaks are definately the best in Black Ops as it helps you out + helps your team out.
The Blackbird can easily help you pick up between 5-15 kills for the minute that it is in the air. The UAV, if you are a decent player can help you get around 5-10 kills in the 30 seconds with it. The third killstreak I would suggest if you are playing a respawn gametype is the Chopper Gunner. For a 9 Kill Streak this is amazing, as you can get a very high kill count by calling it in. On average I get around 10-20 kills with the chopper gunner which shows how good it is. If you have a UAV, Blackbird and Chopper Gunner selected for your killstreaks, then you should have no problem at all getting your chopper gunner because if you think of it this way. Once you get a 3 kill streak or 2 with hardline then you could easily get 5 kills with the spy plane if you play smart. This will bring you up to a 8 kill streak which will then get you a Blackbird, then after that, you'll have no problem getting a chopper gunner as you can see the enemy teams position constently and what direction they are coming at.

Now let's talk about gametypes like Search and Destroy.
It is very inlikely that you will get a 9 killstreak or 8 killstreak with hardline to get your chopper gunner in Search and Destroy. The reason for this, as most of you will know is because there are 6 people in the enemy teams and they do not respawn. This means that you must kill the entire team in search and destory in one round, which is very difficult, as you mustn't die and your teammates mustn't kill anyone. The following round you must kill half of the team which isn't that hard but when you add 6+3 kills in a game of Search and Destroy then it is very hard.
The killstreaks I would suggest are as follows. The Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane and a Napalm Strike.
The spy plane is a great killstreak, and is my favourite for Search and Destroy as you can see the enemy team which is a great help for you and your teammates. The counter spy plane is also very amazing as you can make the enemy team have, "No Radar." This will affect their game so much as they will be used to having a radar and seeing where the enemies are shooting, that it will confuse them.
The napalm strike isn't the best but it's better than an attack helicoper as most people will be dead by it gets one or two kills. The best way to use a napalm is when the round begins, call it a good bit in front of you, but not into the middle. This will go across the whole map near the middle and will catch people rushing into your spawn which is most likely guarenteed as people loves to rush spawns to pick up kills.
The Fourth Point:​
What Prestige and Why? This topic will show you my opinions on what is the best prestige to stay at. It will also show you what prestiges get you a particular set of items, classes etc.

I'd like to say what prestige I would recommend going to. I recommend going to 9th Prestige as this gets you everything you need. Going any higher will only get you coloured clan tags, gold guns etc and is definately not worth it as you don't need to have these things.
Take a car for example. When you buy a car, you are going to want to make it look better. If someone where to ask you to pick a car which is plain black with normal seats, sound system etc or the exact same car, with nothing different except for the looks but for a little bit of a higer price, you would choose the car that looks better.
This is not needed, just like going any higher than 9th prestige.
The Fifth Point:​
This point will show you what is the best perks and what they do pro.
My favourite first perk is Hardline Pro no matter what I'm playing. The reason for this is because, as you know, killstreaks don't stack in Black Ops. If you don't have Hardline as your first perk and you are going for a chopper gunner or a gunship etc and you need one more kill, then you would wish you had hardline on. When I don't have hardline on my class which I am using and I'm one kill of my chopper gunner, then in most occassions, i die, making me furious and wishing that I had hardline on.
The pro for this is also great as it lets you change care packages. Say you get a RC car or a Sam Turret etc in a care package. If you have hardline pro, then you can change it by going over to it and simply double tapping (X). This isn't guarenteed to get you a better killstreak, but in most occassions it will.

My favourite second perk is Sleight of Hand as it's great if you rush in which I do alot and you like to play on small maps. Sleight of hand speeds your reload by 1.5x it's normal speed so this can give you a huge advantage against someone if you both need to reload.
The pro version allows you to aim in down sights quicker so if you see someone from a medium distance or a distance would you would prefer to aim in, and they also see you and think the same, you will aim in alot faster than they will if they do not have sleight of hand pro.

My favourite third pro is Hacker Pro. The reason for this is because there aren't that many good third perks which are worth using but Hacker Pro is great. It allows you to see all enemy equipment which can be a huge advantage against campers and fr games like Free-For-All and Search and Destroy.
The pro version of this allows you to hack enemy equipment. Say you see a enemy claymore and get behind it or beside it. By holding (X) you can hack it and make it your own. This also works for every enemy equipment as far as I know and can also hack care packages which takes their item but booby traps it so when they capture it, they get nothing, and it blows up.
The Sixth Point:​
This is another point to show you how to rank up fast. This is in my opinion, one of the best topics in this guide.
First thing I would like to talk about contracts. These may not seem like much but there are 3 sections in the contracts page and on each there are around 5 useful contracts which turns into 15. You can rebuy contracts usually every 3 hours or so and every 12-24 hours, new contracts are available.
If you do 15 contracts every hour, then the average you will get is around 10,000-15,000 Cod Points and around 10,000XP. This may not seem like much but every 12-24 hours you will be earning that which will help you out alot.

Another great way are challenges. Like I said earlier, there is a challenge zone which is the best for Search and Destroy. The name of this challenge zone is, "Finishing Moves." This is all to do with game winning killcams. You can get challenges for getting a game winning killcam with your gun, air support and much more. You also get alot of XP for each time you do the challenge and there are multiple stages to each challenge.

Another thing that I suggest is that you do not waste your cod points and win two wager matches once you prestige.
When you prestige and you get ranked up a bit, you should have 20,000 cod points or more. I suggest going into wager match, and playing your favourite gametype and hopefully winning two gametypes. Once you have done this you will have 60,000 cod points or so then do not go into a wager match at that prestige again.
This will allow you to have enough COD Points to buy what you need when you want it, and as I call it, you will not have to worry about, "Paycheck to Paycheck." If you don't know what this means then it's basically having to spend alot of time to get Cod Points if you want to get something.
Say I wanted to buy a Claymore and a gun. This would cost around 7000 Cod Points and would mean I would have to go and play around 5 games of Search and Destroy getting good scores just to get these things. If you have enough money on a regular basis, you wont have to worry about this.
The Seventh Point:​
This is in my opinion the most important section in this guide. This will tell you all my personal tips which I can guarentee will improve your game.

First tip is if you see and guy and miss him, don't follow. The chances are that he will be waiting around the corner ready to knife you or camping in a corner waiting on you. You're best thing to do is to sit, lie down and wait on him coming out. Around 75% of the time, he'll come out looking you immediately if you don't come in.

Second Tip is to not shoot at anyone unless you have a clear shot and are more than likely guarenteed to kill him. If you see someone who is running and he is just about to run around the corner, don't shoot him. By doing this, not only will you attract his attention, but you will also attract his teammates attention which will most likely cause you to die.

Third Tip is definately one of my favourite. Don't camp. Camping may get you a good K/D Ratio but will not get you alot of kills. If you rush in you can get alot of kills and more times than often, get a good K/D Ration.

A good headset is definately needed. If you're playing against me and you're behind me. You may pray that you don't get turned on as it will most likely happen. I recommend either a set of Turtle Beaches or Astros. If you're worried about the price, get the turtle beach X11's. They are R.R.P £39.99 which is around $55.00. They are the same as the other models of turtle beaches only they are not wireless, which isn't a bad problem.

Never go on a rage. I know this is hard as I do it alot, but if you start to get angry, go listen to some music or something to calm you down. Playing whilst you are angry will result in you losing which will then make you get into a more angry mood. Playing Xbox whilst being angry is so complicated, so try and calm down as much as possible.
I hope you have enjoyed this, as I spent a very long time on this. There are over 2500 words, so you can expect how long it took lol. If you are going to use this on another website then you must ask me first, either on Se7ensins.Com or at my personal Youtube. You must also give me credit.

My personal Youtube:
http://www.Youtube.Com/TehDazee
If you want more tips like this, then subscribe to me as I do voice commentaries reguarly.
Thanks alot.​

O

outlyingsuperset

That's Jimmy.
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Very Helpful. I always listen to music when I'm on my xbox.

T

ToTalWar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nice nice couldn't imagine how long this took to make this. +rep

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the positive responses, now please keep this active or say that it should get pinned :tongue:

C

Chorux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is no ****ing awesome. Ill +rep you for sure! -> Pin this. <-

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Sin$
Bumping because this could help solve a lot of peoples levelling up problems.

Link

Link

I had eggs for breakfast, Your Mum had Sausage.
Programmer Contest Sponsor Services
Reaction score
Sin$
God this is massive, great guide, i would give you a like if i wasn't from from it. :frown:

D

Deleted member 504779

There's a time and place for everything.
Grizzled Veteran Tutorial Creator Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
You deserve a big thumbs up :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register