The story about me and my transfer cable. (Wall Of Text)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by samlshaffer, Dec 27, 2008 with 27 replies and 831 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samlshaffer

samlshaffer Getting There

Ratings:
    This story is Somewhat True.

Ever since I was a wee lad, (About 6 years old.) Kids used to make fun of my last name, Shaffer. They used to call me Shatter. I hate that name. Growing up through my life I have learned about the Xbox 360 and finally decided to buy one. My life was going good. I had a girlfriend,a car,and dreams.

Life was good.
    No one called me Samuel Shatter anymore they called me..Shaffer.
    It was a relief I didn't think I could stand another day of the harassment.
    Everything was great..until I got the invite.

My friend had invited me to play a game of Halo 3.
    So like always I accept and join his game.
    Upon respawn I see the most magical mystical thing my eyes have ever seen..mods.
    Elite doubles and Spartan doubles everywhere! I have never seen something so amazing! I asked what map this was, he replied with "I don't know."

I began my search for the art and tradition of Modding Halo 3 along with my Xbox 360. I spent days and nights staying up looking..searching, for anything. My Girlfriend left me, and took my car. I didn't care. I searched and discovered a magical website, Se7ensins.com.

I registered at this magic website and found out the only way I could mod was with a magical Device called a "xport." I did not have any money. My dreams died along with my heart. I sat on my futon and cried, tears of misery and misfortune. I did not give up though. I ran back to my computer and searched. I searched for what seemed like years until I finally found what I had been looking for. A way..a method..a cable.

The topic read "Free Xbox Transfer Cable From Microsoft."
    As I read this wounderful post my tears magically dissapeared like there was no problem at all, suddenly life was good again, I felt good...
    Wheather this feeling was a illusion or not, I decided to play some of my Will Smith music to remind me that I'm keeping it real.

I filled out the forum and sent it out right away.
    [​IMG]

I sat at home waiting, I called my girlfriend and told her everything was gonna be okay. I told her I was going through a certain "stage" in my life. She understood and decided to come over and comfort me. When she arrived we watched "The Lion King" together, this made her very happy. We were really happy just sitting their with each other. It felt like a long time, I wish it was longer.

We were just sitting when all of the sudden I saw it. THE MAIL MAN HAD ARRIVED!
    I quickly jumped up and somewhat abandoned my girlfriend during the Jafar Fight scene. I ran out and greeted the mail man saying hello and asked if he had any package or anything for me. He in fact did. I was super excited more than ever when he handed the package to me. Not looking at the package, I thanked him and ran inside.

I ran past my Girlfriend and went straight to my Computer. She looked upset. I told her it would be okay and she agreed, she watched me rip open the package and throw the packaging to the side. I saw a green wrapping and a magical cable.

I was modding in no time doing things like making tree's in Valhalla and Not making tree's in Avalanche. I could make elites and strange turrets on Guardian and Snowbound. That did not stop me. I made Halo rings and Birds, I felt like a creator, I felt like a God. I showed my girlfriend what I could do, she didn't seem to impressed but I didn't care.

A couple weeks later I check the mail again to see what came for me. To my surprise another box. I checked the other letters and set the box down on my futon. My girlfriend offers to open it and giggles a little when she picks it up. I didn't really know what she was giggling at, I just supposed it was something someone said on TV.
    She handed me a Cable. I looked at it confused, Then laughed. "Oh man, sweet!"
    Looking at me strange she said, "Why are you so excited? I thought you already had one of those?", "I do, but now I have two!" She just looked at me a bit and laughed and went back to watching tv.

I turned on my 360 and I went into private chat with one of my best friends. I told him all about it and he didn't believe me, I promised him proof. I ran and got my camera and brought it back, he was sending me invites to Photo Party. I ignored them and searched for the Packaging and box that came with my Cables. I found them laying besides my Xbox and picked them up.

I layed them on my desk (where I'm typing this right now) and flipped them up right (With the packaging label showing) And steadied the camera. I zoomed in and zoomed out for the perfect snap shot, then paused. Through the camera lens I read the packaging label.

[​IMG]

I dropped my camera. There it was, again.
    Samuel Shatter.
    I couldn't believe it, my chest tightened up and I passed out.

I awoke at a hospital, my girlfriend was standing next to me she looked worried. I sat up and felt dizzy, she told me to just relax and lay down, I did. A doctor came in and analyzed me, he told me the stress came from the name and all the harassment throughout my life. He told me I can go to court and request a name change. I thought about it a little and so did my girlfriend, we agreed.

Well I'm back home, typing this story and trying to relax. I'm no longer called Samuel Shaffer. The court issued me a new name (I got to pick) And I'm now know as Stiffy Bob. I like the name Stiffy Bob not because it's hilarious but because It just sounds so...empowering. Like drinking an energy drink or riding a roller coaster. It just feels good.

Here is another pic showing my 2 cables lol.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. lovexbox

lovexbox Newbie

Ratings:
    Stiffy Bob! well done! :thumbup:

3. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    longest.....story....everrrr...............but it made me LOL. :tongue:

4. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    lol, nice story. Stiffy Bob is pretty much the best name ever.

5. x Freedom x

x Freedom x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They messed up my last name on the package also, I did not pass out though..

6. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This might not be appropriate, buuuut, I think you got powned... by Microsoft...:rolleyes:

7. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
  8. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Uhh ok... You passed out?

9. pepsiflame

pepsiflame Enthusiast

Ratings:
    great story. Hard to tell what parts are true...lol

10. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    LOL! This is the first wall of text I have evar read by a se7en member, and it was great. I luv your new name. Stiffy bob! lul!

11. sickspider

sickspider Banned

Ratings:
    forgive if im wrong, ur girl is ur hand?

12. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Wow, thats a little extreme in my opinion passing out over seeing a name but then again I don't know first hand about your life experiencing with that name. I love your new name, Stiffy Bob, does everyone at school have to call you that now, or say "Hey look it's Stiffy Bob." Either way that kind sucks but at least you got two cables out of it and a cool name.

13. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    You have got to be freaking kidding me.......

14. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    WOW if thats real. You passed out because you saw a cable and you ditched your Girlfriend to mod? Wow thats a little extreme. Ha but it was pretty funny 2.:w00t:

15. Distorted Hope

Distorted Hope Enthusiast

Ratings:
    two things,
    1. are you serious, did you really get a new name, and...
    2. will you send me one of those cables, i dont have 2 xboxes to put serial numbers for.

16. xl LosT lx

xl LosT lx Enthusiast

Ratings:
  17. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You only need 1 xbox, just call them and tell them you bought a bigger HDD and wanted to transfer the stuff to it easily. Say you heard that there was some type of cable to do that. Then they will ask you for your serial number which you give them and wahla.

18. Distorted Hope

Distorted Hope Enthusiast

Ratings:
    nevermind, i stole the serial number off of some xbox on ebay, the idiot took a close up picture of the sticker that tells you the serial number.

19. XboxPlayer

XboxPlayer Se7en Sinner Premium

Ratings:
    You my friend, Are the man. The man.

20. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    you have my thanks great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.