What's new

Discussion the skyrim modding tool

ROIDz

ROIDz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
is someone uploading the tool so we all can use it on our own?

cheers, Roidz

L

Leongard

Reaction score
Sin$
Not yet anyway, there's a tool in process for the 360 that I know of.

ROIDz

ROIDz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well how can the other guys mod it?

unless there using a Jtag?

there is a modding tool for it but you can only mod money!

D

DeakHE4D

Reaction score
Sin$
the other guys are modding theirs by converting their saves to the pc version and changing what they want to and then convert it back to xbox 360. there are a few topics where people are offering to do this for you. all you need is a flash drive. format it, put your save file on it. use horizon/modio to extract your save file and upload it to mediafire.

Azsry

ImATroll

Getting There
EotM Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
This thread is full of so many lies! Here's the truth:

is someone uploading the tool so we all can use it on our own?

cheers, Roidz

An external program called the Creation Kit is being made by Bethesda. This tool will be able to open up Skyrim's data files. Much like the GECK could for Fallout 3/NV. If you are on the 360, don't even bother.

A tool does not exist.

It does not exist as of now, but it is in the process of being made.

one is being made. i assure you.

^This guy is the only guy who says something true. It's only going to be released for PC, no matter what. There will NEVER be any sort of 'forge' mode for 360, except for Call of Duty and obviously Halo.

Not yet anyway, there's a tool in process for the 360 that I know of.

That you know of? Please, enlighten me on why Bethesda would just allow anyone with a retail Xbox 360 to freely mod their game...Please don't make random claims.

well how can the other guys mod it?

unless there using a Jtag?

there is a modding tool for it but you can only mod money!

Making modding tools for editing money can be achieved for any game. What he's talking about is the Creating Kit, which is like the GECK for the Fallout series, where you can make your own maps, weapons, missions etc. Using a JTAG wouldn't mean you could run an external program to make custom maps and weapons.

Sorry for the massive rant, but it was neccessary in order to clarify this topic.

O

Oleh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't quite follow. None of Bethesda's games have used the same file structure for separate consoles. You cannot simply 'convert' a 360 save to a PC save then edit it as if it were a PC save and then convert it back to a 360 save and somehow hope it will work. People who offer to do this are scamming you.

Sorry for the massive rant, but it was neccessary in order to clarify this topic.

I believe you are on the wrong lines. Modding as in editing the files contents, items & spells etc etc.

Transfer the save from xbox to pc. Extract the save, extract the dat within the save, rename it to a .ess file.Move it to your pc's save folder and voila. Perfectly working skyrim save.

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$

Lol sorry to burst your bubble but you are the one that is wrong.

We are transferring the saves from xbox to pc, then modding them with console commands. After, we transfer them back. Easy as pie. Not sure where you got your info from..

Coolinator98

Coolinator98

Like a BOSS
Grizzled Veteran Free Hoster Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$

An external program called the Creation Kit is being made by Bethesda. This tool will be able to open up Skyrim's data files. Much like the GECK could for Fallout 3/NV. If you are on the 360, don't even bother.

^This guy is the only guy who says something true. It's only going to be released for PC, no matter what. There will NEVER be any sort of 'forge' mode for 360, except for Call of Duty and obviously Halo.

That you know of? Please, enlighten me on why Bethesda would just allow anyone with a retail Xbox 360 to freely mod their game...Please don't make random claims.

Making modding tools for editing money can be achieved for any game. What he's talking about is the Creating Kit, which is like the GECK for the Fallout series, where you can make your own maps, weapons, missions etc. Using a JTAG wouldn't mean you could run an external program to make custom maps and weapons.

I don't quite follow. None of Bethesda's games have used the same file structure for separate consoles. You cannot simply 'convert' a 360 save to a PC save then edit it as if it were a PC save and then convert it back to a 360 save and somehow hope it will work. People who offer to do this are scamming you.

I think you earned your flame of the day, I even liked your post b/c I was so proud.

U

ultimatehaxor87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if its lies then explain my save with 10000 on all stats and 9999999 gold and all the spells and shouts and i havent even done anything lol
i like this guy hahahaah he can come over and screw my sister anytime lol

EDIT
OHHHH btw how can it be scamming if there not asking for something, i could understand if they were asking for like 1600 Microsoft points or something

wroe49

wroe49

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Please don't quote me unless your saying something true as the mod tool i speak off IS for the xbox360 and IS going to allow you to edit everything even inventory like on the fallout series.
And about your lil bs calling modders liars when i cant transfer my save from xbox 2 pc mod it and transfer it back you wanna know how. Because the savegame.dat withen the save for skyrim is coded like the pc but the save that holds it blocks it and sets it to work on 360. your an idiot.

Pyth0n

Pyth0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

No one asked if there was an official tool being released by Bathesda to mod Skyrim for the xbox 360. Of course there are people working on mod tools for Skyrim. It's just a matter of time.

wroe49

wroe49

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I said a tool doesn't exist, because one doesn't exist for the general public. There are a few people who have been working on one, but nothing has been released yet. So technically, I'm correct, a tool doesn't exist.
As for money modding, that tool is a fake. It changes your stats, not your actual gold.
your an idiot as for the gold modding tool it does work... just sayin.

D

DeakHE4D

Reaction score
Sin$
your an idiot as for the gold modding tool it does work... just sayin.

he was probably referring to the old one. a new one has recently been released. idk if it works or not. all i know is there was an old one that did what he said. so hes not really an idiot, hes just behind.

K

Krynin

Reaction score
Sin$
For anyone interested, I would like to clear a few things up.

I don't think the OP was asking about the Bethesda construction kit, but rather a way to modify his Xbox save file. As far as I know, there is no reliable way to do this aside from asking someone with a PC version to mod things for you, but you can bet there is stuff in the works. I have looked around and already found someone who is working on a tool at the moment. However, I will say this; Why would Bethesda make a modding tool for a retail version of their Xbox/PS3 game? I'll tell you why; BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALWAYS DONE THIS WHEN THEY COULD.

And guess what? Now they can, for the consoles.

Bethesda has ALWAYS supported their modding community; it was part of what made the Elder Scrolls games great. I am not completely sure of the details, but there is a modding tool in the works, made by Bethesda and supported by Microsoft, for the Xbox.

As I said, I am not very sure of the details. I am not sure if this is official (as in, those who make such decisions are final on this and already working on it) but I know that it is something that is being looked at and Bethesda is pushing for it to happen.

Here is a link to some info on that; http://www.ausgamers...es/read/3076322

More info: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109378-Bethesda-Wants-Skyrim-Mods-on-Consoles

So the short answer is; no, there is no real way to mod everything you want right now. However, be a little patient, and modding tools will be out soon. Be even more patient, and modding tools will be unnecessary. :smile:

wroe49

wroe49

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry I don't sit around my computer all day waiting for the latest on the Skyrim mods.
The only gold tool I used, was the one with the horrible yellow GUI, which didn't work.

And please explain to me any idiotic statements I made.
I dont i check every night beafore i go to bed i search up on it for like 5 minutes. And the idiotic statement you said was that it didnt chaange your money, i used the yellow gui tool and it worked with changing my money it did nothing else.

Top Bottom
Login
Register