What's new

Discussion The science behind exploited/hacked consoles (How a JTAG/RGH works)

• Thread starter JoinTheResistance
  • Start date
  • Views 79,628
MoD_MoT

MoD_MoT

Reaction score
Quick question (if this isn't allowed please tell me) I have an old Xbox 360 with a Xenon motherboard(non HDMI) with dashboard 2.0.13599.0 and I would like to know if it's compatible to be jtagged or have an rgh

He's got a full tutorial showing how to do this :smile:
So try it yourself, ive got 20 or so boards to try myself over next few weeks, will post results in his thread.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Very interesting read, thanks for compiling and releasing this information for us, helpful beyond belief.

1nick9

Reaction score
if hasn't already been said before the king kong shader exploit happened pre cfw dvd drive... it was a demo disc for kiosks that didn't have the media flags set, so anyone could burn the disc and run on full retail. was first entry point as there was king kong demo on the disc which after it was realized that it ran on full retail ppl looked at content that was on it for entry points and the unsigned shaders was found.

DaysMods

DaysMods

Reaction score
It's interesting to see a break down on something like this. Super cool, thanks for posting!

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
miss the old JTAG mod, could a unit be downgraded to the oldest dash it was made for example, my Jasper which was made around the time the JTAG hack was a think, id install a 1.2 set up to downgrade if i needed to but idk if its even possible too?
You can downgrade to some dashboard versions on a modded Xbox. Only Jtag (MUST BE JTAG) xenons can be downgraded to the 1888 if your just looking for the looks you can take your nand dumb and create an xe build of the dashboards in j runner with extras 3.0.3b theres 6717,7371 and 2 others which is the 17559 and idk I think like 15432 idk
Post automatically merged:

Quick question (if this isn't allowed please tell me) I have an old Xbox 360 with a Xenon motherboard(non HDMI) with dashboard 2.0.13599.0 and I would like to know if it's compatible to be jtagged or have an rgh
dont bother with rgh a xenon just get a falcon or newer if you do want to mod one use an ace v3 or matrix you will pull your hair out trying to use a coolrunner. Same with zephyr

Top Bottom