What's new

Discussion The New Xbox One Experience Thread (Public Release and Backwards Compatibility Nov. 12th)

• Thread starter Spooze
  • Start date
  • Views 12,934
L

lifestanding556

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
anyone more than me that can't kick people of party?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm looking forward to this release. Very excited to play on the new Windows 10 system. Should be extremely fast.

The new dashboard also looks good and I'm liking some of these new features too after watching the video.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm looking forward to this release. Very excited to play on the new Windows 10 system. Should be extremely fast.

The new dashboard also looks good and I'm liking some of these new features too after watching the video.
I've been rocking it for a week or so and it's great. They just recently released an update which added more shortcuts and stuff. There's basically no need for a Kinect anymore.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Update (Oct 16th): Within the next 24 hours or so, those who opted in will get the update!

Durva

Durva

Professional Scrub
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Got booted offline just before killing Oryx in the raid for this update XD

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems to happen during the worst times, which is usually during a raid in Destiny. Haha. I'd say its worth it though.

Durva

Durva

Professional Scrub
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems to happen during the worst times, which is usually during a raid in Destiny. Haha. I'd say its worth it though.
I opted out already. Too many issues making the console not playable right now

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I opted out already. Too many issues making the console not playable right now
I don't know what issues people are talking about. I've had the occasional game crash, but that only happened twice. To each his own I guess.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't even recall how many times something like that has happened to me since I've been a preview member...

Anyways, has anyone else tried out the narrator and the magnifier thing? It's pretty cool they added these features in. 
I don't know what issues people are talking about. I've had the occasional game crash, but that only happened twice. To each his own I guess.
Luckily I haven't had to many problems either.

DannyDarthtk

DannyDarthtk

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm back on the nxoe dashboard after opting out before. Don't forget once you opt out you lose everything you installed on the xbox. You have to redownload everything again.

Durva

Durva

Professional Scrub
Reaction score
Sin$
It keeps popping up that I don't own the licenses to any of my games (even disc based ones). Also keeps saying that I need xbox live to join a party (which I have) On top of that it is constantly freezing or force closing whatever game it does allow me to play

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It keeps popping up that I don't own the licenses to any of my games (even disc based ones). Also keeps saying that I need xbox live to join a party (which I have) On top of that it is constantly freezing or force closing whatever game it does allow me to play
I've never heard of those issues. Hopefully they fix them by November 23 when it officially launches.

MonzterSlayer

MonzterSlayer

Wii Hacker|Youtuber|Zombie Slayer
Reaction score
Sin$
From my experience with the new UI I've fount it to be: Missing previous features, very glitchy, very good when not glitchy!

Overall if it doesn't glitch it's really nice!

V

Vizor_Recoveries2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it is much faster, especially accessing friends and party chat! They did good.

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I had a 3GB+ update on Friday and it's improved 100% on the first download I had for the new UI. All the features seem to be working now for me other than the achievements application! :thumbsup:

V

Vizor_Recoveries2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One odd thing I noticed though, is in "my games and apps" there are two items that have no name and are blue squares, the only option I have is to uninstall. I just left them sit, didn't want to mess up anything.

C

Credit 00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
^ I have 3 of those blanks squares and no idea what they are. BC is working again which is good because I wanted to play borderlands. The most recent update seems to be the most stable so far for me as I'm yet to get booted while playing online. This is excellent when it works but needs time before mass releasing to the public. I think adults would be ok with it but their kids maybe not.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Now that I got the new Halo 5 Xbox One I can tell it's much faster after going back to the old dashboard.. I'm just waiting for the new update to come to my new Xbox so I've been on the old dashboard since. It could still be faster though...

Top Bottom
Login
Register