What's new

Discussion The halo 4 server is not available at this time

Yellan

Yellan

Reaction score
What. The. f***.

I just got back home from my college campus, hooked up the xbox, and tried playing halo 4 and can't. All my friends are online and playing, but I can't. I heard that on the release people were having problems connecting, but I didn't hear that some people still have issues. I would occasionally get this on campus but I would just back out, wait for a few minutes, then go back in and everything's fine.

When I go to matchmaking, it's the default playlist, and about 500 people are playing through this weird off-server matchmaking, and I can get a match, but I can't play matchmaking with friends and it takes a LONG time to find a match.

Does anyone else have this issue? I've been searching for it and found random stuff to try but nothing works. Resetting router doesn't work, different accounts are still blocked, my NAT is open. Why can I not access matchmaking? Nor spartan ops. If I can't get this resolved I'm going to be really pissed come the 20th when I can no longer rank up because I can't access matchmaking or spartan ops like everyone else...

stunnedjack

stunnedjack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What. The. ****.

I just got back home from my college campus, hooked up the xbox, and tried playing halo 4 and can't. All my friends are online and playing, but I can't. I heard that on the release people were having problems connecting, but I didn't hear that some people still have issues. I would occasionally get this on campus but I would just back out, wait for a few minutes, then go back in and everything's fine.

When I go to matchmaking, it's the default playlist, and about 500 people are playing through this weird off-server matchmaking, and I can get a match, but I can't play matchmaking with friends and it takes a LONG time to find a match.

Does anyone else have this issue? I've been searching for it and found random stuff to try but nothing works. Resetting router doesn't work, different accounts are still blocked, my NAT is open. Why can I not access matchmaking? Nor spartan ops. If I can't get this resolved I'm going to be really pissed come the 20th when I can no longer rank up because I can't access matchmaking or spartan ops like everyone else...
Long story short you are on a fallback server and at some point you will be put back into regular matchmaking. look on Halowaypoint.com for more info

thetechnation

AM A BAD MAN

gaming developer
Reaction score
i heard they are fixing glitches and taking down servers a few at a time so people can still play

Yellan

Yellan

Reaction score
I had this for two days, thought it was a fluke but got on today and got really pissed.

thetechnation

AM A BAD MAN

gaming developer
Reaction score
i got hacked today so no halo 4 at all now i got to go buy live tommarow cuz some japan *** too hot 4 swat is a ****

Yellan

Yellan

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll just sit here, lurking on 7S, while I wait 30 minutes to find a match on this 'fallback' server...

Kevin U

Kevin U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll just sit here, lurking on 7S, while I wait 30 minutes to find a match on this 'fallback' server...
good luck mate same thing happened to me but only a 10min wait then i was fine...

Top Bottom