• Thread starter Garrett
  • Start date
  • Views 10,556
Garrett

Garrett

Cogito, ergo sum
Reaction score
Sin$
Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/the-first-xbox-one-laptop-mod-has-already-been-made-and-sold

mh5Uw6AVwt.png

We have seen folks create an Xbox 360 laptop mod in the past, but now one person has charged ahead and made a 22 inch laptop from the hardware pieces of Microsoft's Xbox One console. It comes from the hands and tools of experienced modder James “DarkUncle” Terry.

Terry posted up the results of his labor on his YouTube channel Monday. As you can see in the clip, much of the Xbox One's case was reused for this mod, including the front bezel which contains the slot loading disc drive. The Xbox One power light has been reused as as well and placed on the top side of the laptop mod. All of the posts on the back of the console are saved as well.

Terry did add a line out audio port in this mod, in case his buyer wanted to use an external audio speaker or source that is not digital based. Obviously, this creation does not have batteries like a regular laptop, so the owner will have to keep the mod plugged in with the big Xbox One power brick.

Before you ask, this mod is already spoken for as Terry has sold it to an unknown buyer and there's no word on how much it cost; but we've emailed Terry for more information on the price so we'll update if we hear back. It's an impressive DYI feat for a console that was released just over a month ago and we think that better laptop mods will be made from the Xbox One in the months and years to come.

iProScopes

iProScopes

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a great concept but would look a lot cooler if it was "manufactured". It looked cool from away but you realize that it's a bit messy when he gets in close with the camera. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the eject button is upside down. His was his first attempt at the Xbox One laptop and the first one ever so I give him mad props for that. Probably just started to rush towards the end.

Garrett

Garrett

Cogito, ergo sum
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a great concept but would look a lot cooler if it was "manufactured". It looked cool from away but you realize that it's a bit messy when he gets in close with the camera. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the eject button is upside down. His was his first attempt at the Xbox One laptop and the first one ever so I give him mad props for that. Probably just started to rush towards the end.

Yeah messy is probably the right word, hopefully this is just the first of many though

Sync

Sync

Nine Meals From Anarchy
Retired
End of the Year 2013 Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
His prices:
17" Xbox 360 Laptop New lower price!!! ($1275)
20" Xbox 360 Laptop New lower price!!! ($1275)
22" Xbox 360 Laptop New lower price!!! ($1275)
22" PlayStation 3 laptop.($1500)
17" DIY xbox laptop KIT. ($275)

Hellshock

Hellshock

RGH Trinity Dual Nand x360 pro v6
Seasoned Veteran Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
His prices:
Wow for 1275$ - 1500$ i can build a pretty good gaming computer or buy some other great things, but 100% not an "360 Laptop" that looks just super bad :eek:

Garrett

Garrett

Cogito, ergo sum
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow for 1275$ - 1500$ i can build a pretty good gaming computer or buy some other great things, but 100% not an "360 Laptop" that looks just super bad :eek:

Exactly! Not to mention you would have to buy the overpriced games for the console when you can get them from... sources on the PC.

D

Deleted member 504779

There's a time and place for everything.
Grizzled Veteran Tutorial Creator Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
That's pretty nifty. The only problem is it is way too loud

_____

_____

True Divinity
Diamonds Are Forever Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Cool concept but not really my style. If I want a laptop, I'll buy a laptop. If I want an XBone, I'll buy an XBone. Not an XBone Laptop

thetechnation

thetechnation

gaming developer
Reaction score
Sin$
Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/the-first-xbox-one-laptop-mod-has-already-been-made-and-sold

mh5Uw6AVwt.png

We have seen folks create an Xbox 360 laptop mod in the past, but now one person has charged ahead and made a 22 inch laptop from the hardware pieces of Microsoft's Xbox One console. It comes from the hands and tools of experienced modder James “DarkUncle” Terry.

Terry posted up the results of his labor on his YouTube channel Monday. As you can see in the clip, much of the Xbox One's case was reused for this mod, including the front bezel which contains the slot loading disc drive. The Xbox One power light has been reused as as well and placed on the top side of the laptop mod. All of the posts on the back of the console are saved as well.

Terry did add a line out audio port in this mod, in case his buyer wanted to use an external audio speaker or source that is not digital based. Obviously, this creation does not have batteries like a regular laptop, so the owner will have to keep the mod plugged in with the big Xbox One power brick.

Before you ask, this mod is already spoken for as Terry has sold it to an unknown buyer and there's no word on how much it cost; but we've emailed Terry for more information on the price so we'll update if we hear back. It's an impressive DYI feat for a console that was released just over a month ago and we think that better laptop mods will be made from the Xbox One in the months and years to come.

nice concept wonder how he battles overheating in such a small area ?

HangtimePro

HangtimePro

Permanently Plugged In
Mr. Nice Guy Forum Addict Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The design is sick! If only I had enough money :oops:

IEG_EvilClutch

IEG_EvilClutch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
His prices:

not that bad of a price gotta concider your paying for
xbox
screen
kinnect
(maybe)controller
labour

MobsMods

MobsMods

Official Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
I would definitely buy that, That thing looks sick. Way better looking than the original Xbox One.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
That's really cool, I honestly didn't know you can do that without getting banned. One thing I know for certain, that that would definitely void the warranty

jakefromtheBEAN

jakefromtheBEAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
cool idea, would still rather have my warranty and use it on a TV/Computer monitor(22inch) than on my laptop

FrostedBirdz

FrostedBirdz

Reaction score
Sin$

Imagine the labor that goes into this, also the price of the screen, the Xbox itself. I'm guessing it takes him a couple weeks do do these? I don't think $1275-1500 is too bad, yes its pretty high, but It saves us the time from building it, and I don't see anyone else really selling them, I wouldn't honestly buy one though cause I don't have that kind of money, but some people do. (Just noticed I used 4 commas instead of ending the sentence, lol)
I'm a PlayStation Fan but damn that's sick :eek:
He has one for PS3, gotta give it time I bet he may do one for a PS4.

ILeo

ILeo

Basketball <3
Reaction score
Sin$
imagine, just walking into a Starbucks, hooking up your X1 Laptop and start gaming! that sounds nice as f*** to me!!

Top Bottom
Login
Register