Solved The decision

• Thread starter Octopus3535
  • Start date
  • Views 1,147
O

Octopus3535

Reaction score
Sin$
My friend is about to give me his 360 (i believe its a phat) and i want to mod it like my wii. I mostly want to dowbload games to a external harddrive and play them off that. I don't know which exploit to choose, simplicity and cheapest is always nice. I did see the jtag with dull boots so you can still play online. That might be nice but i doubt thats a real thing anymore, right?

Q

quest2

Reaction score
Sin$
You can't just use a usb stick or whatever like your wii, you need to solder in a chip. Since I've had nothing but failure modding 360s id say it's not simple or cheap.

O

Octopus3535

Reaction score
Sin$
You can't just use a usb stick or whatever like your wii, you need to solder in a chip. Since I've had nothing but failure modding 360s id say it's not simple or cheap.

Yes i understand there is no softmodding, but as a result of hardmodding i would like to play games from and external storge, or download games and put them on an internal storage. I also am just trying to figure out what's the best mod chip.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes i understand there is no softmodding, but as a result of hardmodding i would like to play games from and external storge, or download games and put them on an internal storage. I also am just trying to figure out what's the best mod chip.

You will need to buy the rev-c chip from $5-9 for phats and a Jr programmer $15-30 both from eBay (jr programmer from modchipcentral as well). The exploit will be rgh 1.2 and you can find it the sticky threads. For dual nands you can buy the xecuter demon for phats from modchipcentral for $40-50. You can google for the demon diagram.

You can be online with a single nand rgh as long as you have a stealth server setup. Otherwise your console will be banned very quickly. Ninja stealth server is what you will want.

O

Octopus3535

Reaction score
Sin$
You will need to buy the rev-c chip from $5-9 for phats and a Jr programmer $15-30 both from eBay (jr programmer from modchipcentral as well). The exploit will be rgh 1.2 and you can find it the sticky threads. For dual nands you can buy the xecuter demon for phats from modchipcentral for $40-50. You can google for the demon diagram.

You can be online with a single nand rgh as long as you have a stealth server setup. Otherwise your console will be banned very quickly. Ninja stealth server is what you will want.

Is there a specific place where to buy the rev c? And when you Jr Programmer is also for phats? And the Ninja stealth also in the sticky threads?Also what does 1.2 rgh do, like main festures?

Thank you so much this has been a big help!

Last edited:
64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a specific place where to buy the rev c? And when you Jr Programmer is also for phats? And the Ninja stealth also in the sticky threads?Also what does 1.2 rgh do, like main festures?

You can buy the mod chip on ebay, as well as the JR Programmer. Rev C stays in the console as its the modified chip, The JR programmer is the tool used for modding the Rev C or whatever chip you do. Ninja is one of the best servers out atm, It is a paid service and helps you stay unbanned. RGH 1.2 is just the method used. There are plenty of tutorials and information like the link bellow.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...hacked-consoles-how-a-jtag-rgh-works.1498827/

O

Octopus3535

Reaction score
Sin$
You can buy the mod chip on ebay, as well as the JR Programmer. Rev C stays in the console as its the modified chip, The JR programmer is the tool used for modding the Rev C or whatever chip you do. Ninja is one of the best servers out atm, It is a paid service and helps you stay unbanned. RGH 1.2 is just the method used. There are plenty of tutorials and information like the link bellow.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...hacked-consoles-how-a-jtag-rgh-works.1498827/
Yes i read that and i understand how it works, i tought that if you used a different method you could only do certian things. Now i see that is not true. It seems like RGH 1.2 is 'best' for Phat consoles, i think.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Ok first, you'll need to identify which phat version you have. If you have a zephyr then its game over! US zephyr versions cannot be glitched. I recommend the jasper and then the falcon. A xenon can be glitched with rgh 1.2 but it requires a different tutorial. Make sure that you also look at the wattage info on the back sticker to match it with the chart as well.

Motherboard identification chart

The coolrunner rev-c chip is the best compatible glitch chip for the rgh 1.2 exploit. The rev-d only works for the jasper phat console (jasper is the last phat version of the 360 as the slim 360 replaced it). I personally vouch for modchipcentral because I've ordered from the site plenty of times. I would personally order the jr programmer from modchipcentral and get the rev-c chip from ebay. The rev-c/d are clones from the original team xecuter coolrunner series which is now discontinued but the clones work very well. The clones glitch chips are what's left in the market to buy.

**I would buy two rev-c chips in case that you damage a chip. Trust me!

RGH 1.2 is the best glitch exploit for the phats because boot times are very fast and the installation is the easiest out of the other glitch exploits. FYI the CR-4 XL chip from team xecuter at modchipcentral.com only works for slim 360s.

The RGH 1.2 tutorial at the beneath has everything that you need to get you started. You'll need a 25 watt soldering iron (wattage higher that 25 watts will cause to burn the board and trace pads. If the trace pads get burned and ripped then it can brick the 360 and be extremely difficult to fix (depending if there is an alternate trace pad to solder to). Get some flux as well. You can get these items at ebay as well.

Coolrunner rev-c chip
j.r. programmer
RGH 1.2 tutorial (for phats)

As for ninja, you'll need to search the support forum and tutorials to learn more about it. I've never installed or used ninja. I just know that it is the absolute best service to stay unbanned for longer than a year. The free stealth services suck dude. You'll get your console banned and have to buy KVs (key vault files) to play online again.

Once you successfully glitch your console, you'll want to watch the jtag tutorials to familiarize yourself with your new modded console, setups, and what you can do with it.

Power to you!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
O

Octopus3535

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok first, you'll need to identify which phat version you have. If you have a zephyr then its game over! US a zephyr versions cannot be glitched. I recommend the jasper and then the falcon. A xenon can be glitched with rgh 1.2 but it requires a different tutorial. Make sure that you also look at the wattage info on the back sticker to match it with the chart as well.

Motherboard identification chart

The coolrunner rev-c chip is the best compatible glitch chip for the rgh 1.2 exploit. The rev-d only works for the jasper phat console (jasper is the last phat version of the 360 as the slim 360 replaced it). I personally vouch for modchipcentral because I've ordered from the site plenty of times. I would personally order the jr programmer from modchipcentral and get the rev-c chip from ebay. The rev-c/d are clones from the original team xecuter coolrunner series which is now discontinued but the clones work very well. The clones glitch chips are what's left in the market to buy.

**I would buy two rev-c chips in case that you damage a chip. Trust me!

RGH 1.2 is the best glitch exploit for the phats because boot times are very fast and the installation is the easiest out of the other glitch exploits. FYI the CR-4 XL chip from team xecuter at modchipcentral.com only works for slim 360s.

The RGH 1.2 tutorial at the beneath has everything that you need to get you started. You'll need a 25 watt soldering iron (wattage higher that 25 watts will cause to burn the board and trace pads. If the trace pads get burned and ripped then it can brick the 360 and be extremely difficult to fix (depending if there is an alternate trace pad to solder to). Get some flux as well. You can get these items at ebay as well.

Coolrunner rev-c chip
j.r. programmer
RGH 1.2 tutorial (for phats)

As for ninja, you'll need to search the support forum and tutorials to learn more about it. I've never installed or used ninja. I just know that it is the absolute best service to stay unbanned for longer than a year. The free stealth services suck dude. You'll get your console banned and have to buy KVs (key vault files) to play online again.

Once you successfully glitch your console, you'll want to watch the jtag tutorials to familiarize yourself with your new modded console, setups, and what you can do with it.

Power to you!

Thank you so much this is incredibly helpful, I just need to check out the xbox360. He says its one of the first ones to come out so im hoping it is and is moddable because im looking forward to Halo . I'll post here if i i ve any problems or anything.
Thanks!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
X1337XSNIP3R

X1337XSNIP3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With any phat xbox 360 you can rgh 1.2 it. The only ones with bad boot times are a xenon motherboard (non Hdmi)

Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$

Thank you so much this is incredibly helpful, I just need to check out the xbox360. He says its one of the first ones to come out so im hoping it is and is moddable because im looking forward to Halo . I'll post here if i i ve any problems or anything.
Thanks!

I would not recommend trying to perform a hard mod yourself unless you have experience soldering. Also if the console is the first revision, it will be hard to find someone to mod the console. The first version is a Xenon and practically no one will attempt to modify it. I would suggest getting the drive flashed.

O

Octopus3535

Reaction score
Sin$
I looked at it and it's a Jasper and the kernel number is 16547, and I looked at so I believe I can rgh 1.2 it. And I do have experience soldering

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I looked at it and it's a Jasper and the kernel number is 16547, and I looked at so I believe I can rgh 1.2 it. And I do have experience soldering

Alright! You can update the xbox 360 to the latest dash which is 17511 through the console or you can download the update from xbox.com and use a flash drive to update the console.

Next, order the rev-c chips and the jr-programmer.

O

Octopus3535

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright! You can update the xbox 360 to the latest dash which is 17511 through the console or you can download the update from xbox.com and use a flash drive to update the console.
Next, order the rev-c chips and the jr-programmer.

Why would I want to update it? Wouldn't it be easier to do stuff with out the update?

Top Bottom
Login
Register