Discussion The community reacts to the UAV point requirement being raised

• Thread starter The Mexinerd
  • Start date
  • Views 719
M

mvp20m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like everyone is upset. i dont blame them though. UAV was always the lowest possible killstreak and now it is over 3 kills (disregarding captures/plants). sure, the spam was annoying and i think ghost is ridiculous since you have to be moving, but ever time i call in a UAV its shot down immediately.

A

PenguinPrison

Getting There
Reaction score
Forgot about this. Wondered why it took extra long.

M

MrHoezey

☆ℳinecraft мøḓẕ☆
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. Seems like a way to make people get the UAV more often during games. It gets annoying when the enemy has a UAV every minute. What bothers me is the dragon fire being weak.

N

Nighthawk30

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally like this, it makes it more skill to get a UAV. Besides, I thought everyone was tired of all the UAVs being called in, and now they are complaining that they raised the points to stop the UAV spam? Go figure

T

Tiggly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally like this, it makes it more skill to get a UAV. Besides, I thought everyone was tired of all the UAVs being called in, and now they are complaining that they raised the points to stop the UAV spam? Go figure
They were tired of other people calling them in all the time. They loved calling it in themselves all the time though. There is no way to make everyone happy and some people will complain just because.

D

Draconexus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CoD Community is the hardest to please.
"WE WANT CHANGE"
"WE DON'T LIKE THIS CHANGE"

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I

Im4eversmart

The hacks are real
Reaction score

Treyarch lowers the requirement, people rage that the enemy always has UAVs up.
Treyarch increases the requirement, people rage that they can't get them any more.

Its a lose-lose scenario most of the time for weapon balancing, and it basically comes down to how Treyarch originally wanted the KS to be used, and whether the online community is using it in that way. I personally don't believe in weapon balancing, because there is no advantage or disadvantage to change something, since it is equally available to all players. I do however, believe that weapon balancing should be used so you do not feel forced to use an overpowered gun or KS, but choose a gun or KS based on a strong point that is unique. I also enjoy how they integrated level requirements as one way to balance guns,perks, and ks, more so than the level requirments from MW3.

M

mvp20m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treyarch lowers the requirement, people rage that the enemy always has UAVs up.
Treyarch increases the requirement, people rage that they can't get them any more.

Its a lose-lose scenario most of the time for weapon balancing, and it basically comes down to how Treyarch originally wanted the KS to be used, and whether the online community is using it in that way. I personally don't believe in weapon balancing, because there is no advantage or disadvantage to change something, since it is equally available to all players. I do however, believe that weapon balancing should be used so you do not feel forced to use an overpowered gun or KS, but choose a gun or KS based on a strong point that is unique. I also enjoy how they integrated level requirements as one way to balance guns,perks, and ks, more so than the level requirments from MW3.

well that goes back to cod4, which IMO, was the best game so far. that game was based on skill. 3 killstreaks that didnt stack and no one ever complained about. there were limited perks that really didnt counter act eachother. no crazy, OP secondaries. only pistols. you could only pick 3 perks and each had advantages and disadvantages. if they would just bring back stopping power these games would be so much better.

the fact that you could use any gun in that game and get kills was great. didnt matter what you used, you could do well. the game was all about feel. if you liked the mp5, you used it. if you liked the p90, you used it. these games have guns that you basically need to use in order to get kills (swat, fal, pdw, msmc, m8, ksg, remmington ..).

until they simplify the online gameplay, they will always get complaints.

S

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Reaction score
The UAV is perfect now, i use it all the time and i still get it just as often, but there are noticably less in the air now, which is good. Seems to me the only people it will bother are the ones who dont play objective or just arent very good, its still the lowest streak so idc.

L

Lynx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well that goes back to cod4, which IMO, was the best game so far. that game was based on skill. 3 killstreaks that didnt stack and no one ever complained about. there were limited perks that really didnt counter act eachother. no crazy, OP secondaries. only pistols. you could only pick 3 perks and each had advantages and disadvantages. if they would just bring back stopping power these games would be so much better.

the fact that you could use any gun in that game and get kills was great. didnt matter what you used, you could do well. the game was all about feel. if you liked the mp5, you used it. if you liked the p90, you used it. these games have guns that you basically need to use in order to get kills (swat, fal, pdw, msmc, m8, ksg, remmington ..).

until they simplify the online gameplay, they will always get complaints.

I agree with this. However the killstreak a did stack. In fact if you got a chopper and died before it got a kill, when you respawned it would build on your killstreaks again.

K

kainoa25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that the UAV's were so easy to get, it's just the other killstreaks are harder to get for the average player. Before in past CODs the average player could get a nice killstreak/pointstreak maybe once every idk 10 games or so but you guys get the point now it's really hard to cap objectives and constantly kill and stay alive when people chucking nades to you every second.

I

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
Reaction score
I was always against this decision. I carry around a Stinger (or whatever the BO2 equivalent is) at all times and so UAV's are an easy +75 points for me. :frown:

G

Gamealicious

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hate how with Ghost you're only immune to stuff while not moving...

K

KEREDOR

Contributor
Reaction score
I just hate how with Ghost you're only immune to stuff while not moving...
Well luckily for you then you are wrong. You are not "immune to stuff" while sitting in a corner. However whilst moving you will not appear on the enemy radar.
Whats they message treyarch are trying to give out.. Don't use ghost and camp in corners. It's gay!!

G

Gamealicious

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well luckily for you then you are wrong. You are not "immune to stuff" while sitting in a corner. However whilst moving you will not appear on the enemy radar.
Whats they message treyarch are trying to give out.. Don't use ghost and camp in corners. It's gay!!
Oh, I thought it was the opposite because on the Perk description in-game said that Ghost is only active while not moving. Guess I read it wrong.

Top Bottom