Discussion The Cancer

• Thread starter fartensparten
  • Start date
  • Views 613
F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking why are all of these mods released to the public? Seems like every game I get into it has some guy talking trash about how his mods are better. When all he did was downlad one of Brady's,Etc. common and DLC and maybe modified it to have a mod freezer? But seriously why lol. Guess I know why Strat released one of the Mod killers ( I believe it was Strat) Maybe it's that or Im just sick and had to deal with annoying modders

X

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
I was thinking why are all of these mods released to the public? Seems like every game I get into it has some guy talking trash about how his mods are better. When all he did was downlad one of Brady's,Etc. common and DLC and maybe modified it to have a mod freezer? But seriously why lol. Guess I know why Strat released one of the Mod killers ( I believe it was Strat) Maybe it's that or Im just sick and had to deal with annoying modders

You gotta admit it's funny lol, GTA modding is chaotic now and has been for a while...

F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta admit it's funny lol, GTA modding is chaotic now and has been for a while...
It is pretty funny, just I got rubbed the wrong way this morning. I think the freezing cars are what did it, I mean you guys could just hint on what you've done instead of releasing te files for easy breesy mistur "Go Hard" to download and get on and say He's part of Barry's Crew Tk LOL or that their Brady himself, just on another account

S

STRATEGIZER

Getting There
Reaction score
most fun iv had on this game in ages was when i remembered that brady's old,old,old,old mod's work offline & that's the truth !!! it's like you get in a match & someone see's you flying or going fast in a car & start to talk to you like this

kiddy/skiddy say's = hey where did you get your mods from

i say = ummmm ? xD

kiddy/skiddy say's = ahhh iM 1337 HaX Ur aZs kthxby = freeze 360 :angry:

i love to mod this game but i f***ing hate playing online with it lol kthxby

F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most fun iv had on this game in ages was when i remembered that brady's old,old,old,old mod's work offline & that's the truth !!! it's like you get in a match & someone see's you flying or going fast in a car & start to talk to you like this

kiddy/skiddy say's = hey where did you get your mods from

i say = ummmm ? xD

kiddy/skiddy say's = ahhh iM 1337 HaX Ur aZs kthxby = freeze 360 :angry:

i love to mod this game but i f***ing hate playing online with it lol kthxby
Exactly! I don't go back that far, but I do remember the old days were being a modder was worshipped, now its just like, KICK HIM , Or -Freeze-

T

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
I remember the old days before i even knew duck head.

A modder comes into the game, you invite all you mates in, follow them round to get a good car, then take it away to another island so no one can steal it from you :.(

O

Original Techno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pointless posting

F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pointless posting
Of course it is.. Too you.., Techno your part of the cancer. Any post that you can't take the content and call it your own is pointless. Oh and your Copied April's Fool's joke first done by Strat, Totally not pointless either :smile: Anyways topic wasn't about you

F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the old days before i even knew duck head.

A modder comes into the game, you invite all you mates in, follow them round to get a good car, then take it away to another island so no one can steal it from you :.(
Exactly, Maybe after the update it'll be like that again, I remember the driving away from everybody part the most, there was that guy who always tried to blow it up lol

X

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Of course it is.. Too you.., Techno your part of the cancer. Any post that you can't take the content and call it your own is pointless. Oh and your Copied April's Fool's joke first done by Strat, Totally not pointless either :smile: Anyways topic wasn't about you

Lol someone just started spamming these forums I wonder who (Techno) :unsure:

Exactly, Maybe after the update it'll be like that again, I remember the driving away from everybody part the most, there was that guy who always tried to blow it up lol

Remember when all the mods were like crap compared to these, and you could get killed by bullets and fire lol, a bit later I loved it when everyone had the negative force gun I would just sit and watch them get bullied by none modders :lol:

F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol someone just started spamming these forums I wonder who (Techno) :unsure:
Bingo :wink:

Remember when all the mods were like crap compared to these, and you could get killed by bullets and fire lol, a bit la ter I loved it when everyone had the negative force gun I would just sit and watch them get bullied by none modders :lol:
The good old days :rolleyes: I always wished the neg. gun would work on the non-modders lol

A

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Reaction score
Public mods will never go away. The first ever GTA4 mod was by Good-NTS. The first ever public mods were brought to us by The Main Dude & PimpinTyler. From there they evolved; greatly. The reason there are those "Annoying Modders" is because it is GTA4's atmosphere; about the same as helicopter pilots fighting over who is better. Who gives a fuck who has better mods? Its all about what you like and enjoy. My mods were nothing like Brady's or Shadow's and I still had plenty of people hungry for my mods. But I liked mine how I had them, didn't mind if I didn't have every SP car in MP or hundreds of colors, just that they were fun for me and my friends.

Credit is what fueled a lot, if not all, of the hate in the GTA4 modding community. Too many people fighting over who did what first. The way I see it is there is two types of credit: Private & Public. Public is what you see most, with a bit of private credit sinking through. Why private & public? Because most of the time something is found or done and kept private for quite sometime. Well in that time someone else may find the same thing, release it, and claim credit. But what if you found it first and never said anything publicly? In a way, its best to keep it like that. Unless they were given/leaked said mod and are trying to claim it as their own find or that they were some how apart of the finding. Then the original founder(s) might want to step in.

Some fun credit time?:
First tbogt modder
First tbogt bypasser (Feel free to ask Jordan about the convo 5 mins after the patch went live <3)
Episodic Modder Killer
Couple other things...that were kept private or still are

X

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Public mods will never go away. The first ever GTA4 mod was by Good-NTS. The first ever public mods were brought to us by The Main Dude & PimpinTyler. From there they evolved, greatly. The reason there are those "Annoying Modders" is because it is GTA4's atmosphere, about the same as helicopter pilots fighting over who is better. Who gives a fuck who has better mods? Its all about what you like and enjoy. My mods were nothing like Brady's or Shadow's and I still had plenty of people hungry for my mods. But I liked mine how I had them, didn't mind me if I didn't have every SP car in MP or hundreds of colors, just that they were fun for me and my friends.

Credit is what fueled a lot if not all the hate in the GTA4 modding community. Too many people fighting over who did what first. The way I see it is there is two types of credit: Private & Public. Public is what you see most, with a bit of private credit sinking through. Why private & public? Because most of the time something is found or done and kept private for quite sometime. Well in that time someone else may find the same thing, release it, and claim credit. But what if you found it first and never said anything publicly? In a way, its best to keep it like that. Unless they were given/leaked said mod and are trying to claim it as their own or that they were some how apart of the finding. Then the original founder(s) might want to step in.

Some fun credit time?:
First tbogt modder
First tbogt bypasser (Feel free to ask Jordan about the convo 5 mins after the patch went live <3)
Episodic Modder Killer

When people take your credit it's like wtf and you would agree concerning jordan saying he was first :smile: (oh thats why you can make a video if it gets leaked out and they claim it :wink: )

F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Public mods will never go away. The first ever GTA4 mod was by Good-NTS. The first ever public mods were brought to us by The Main Dude & PimpinTyler. From there they evolved, greatly. The reason there are those "Annoying Modders" is because it is GTA4's atmosphere, about the same as helicopter pilots fighting over who is better. Who gives a fuck who has better mods? Its all about what you like and enjoy. My mods were nothing like Brady's or Shadow's and I still had plenty of people hungry for my mods. But I liked mine how I had them, didn't mind me if I didn't have every SP car in MP or hundreds of colors, just that they were fun for me and my friends.

Credit is what fueled a lot if not all the hate in the GTA4 modding community. Too many people fighting over who did what first. The way I see it is there is two types of credit: Private & Public. Public is what you see most, with a bit of private credit sinking through. Why private & public? Because most of the time something is found or done and kept private for quite sometime. Well in that time someone else may find the same thing, release it, and claim credit. But what if you found it first and never said anything publicly? In a way, its best to keep it like that. Unless they were given/leaked said mod and are trying to claim it as their own or that they were some how apart of the finding. Then the original founder(s) might want to step in.

Some fun credit time?:
First tbogt modder
Episodic Modder Killer
Nice lol

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
@Advent

It's all based around who has the most power and who is the most known. It's one of the prime reasons why a person would want to get mods - they can kill and basically do whatever they want, it even can make you "popular" in a game, I mean how much friend requests do we as modders get per a session? All these things can be very misleading for people, especially under 14s - one who I happened to met and didn't go to well.

You could describe the fight over credits as "wars" and sometimes, in these forums - you have to be very careful what you say. Saying the wrong thing or if you say a wrong name by mistake or leave something unaccredited you could easily be pounced at by another person who believes they have a right to receive credits which would probably ed up as a fully fledged flame-war.

However, by all means it's encouraged for a person to request credit for things they did as they would be probably upset or annoyed that their name has been left unnoticed however it can sometimes be ridiculous. Take this post for example [post] salvator, while I understand he might have been upset but Brady understood that he was the founder, salvator came across as if he deserved credit for creation of the content inside Brady’s DLC, which is not true – you just cannot be credited for the creation of content inside someone’s mods if they found out on their own, BUT you can be credited as one of the first.

Another point is the immaturity in these forums as well, how many posts have we seen with annoying spam? How many posts have had people flame each other? Although i’m not mentioning names, some of the people here – REALLY. Need to go. Hell, some people around here feel the need to make multiple accounts to rep themselves, now seriously? And many people around here can’t even type BASIC English to make it easier to read - I’m not talking about every spelling correct, I’m talking about basic sentence structure and spelling.

Until these issues are sorted out, you can’t really call this forum section a “complete” community, not until we can all stop being power hungry and less immature and maybe then we can become a complete and connected community.

O

Original Techno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DID THE APRIL FOOLS THING FIRST JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT! i was the first to think of it look at the posting times

F

fartensparten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Advent

Another point is the immaturity in these forums as well, how many posts have we seen with annoying spam? How many posts have had people flame each other? Although i’m not mentioning names, some of the people here – REALLY. Need to go. Hell, some people around here feel the need to make multiple accounts to rep themselves, now seriously? And many people around here can’t even type BASIC English to make it easier to read - I’m not talking about every spelling correct, I’m talking about basic sentence structure and spelling.
Lol Reminds me of somthing :rolleyes:

A

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Reaction score
@Cathering

Perfectly said.

Top Bottom