The Achievement - Takes Patience

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by Tin Can, Feb 22, 2009 with 12 replies and 605 views.

1. Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    The Achievements - Takes Patience

So far, there's been rumors (as far as I know) that if you were able to mod the Vidmaster Challenges (Halo 3 achievements to unlock the long awaited permutation, Recon), you were able to receive the Recon permutations. To me, I knew this was BS. So, I went along with the idea and did so, modded the achievements. As I thought, modding the Vidmaster Challenges did nothing of the sort.

So here, I decided to upload a quick video onto YouTube, showing that doing such would not get you Recon, as others thought, without the expansion:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGl2jDDDXY[/ame]

From the Description: For those who think this is just BS, please read this.

This was done on an offline account (using an online account will get you banned). For these achievements, you can say that it would be glitched, appearing as if they were all unlocked, but at the same time, still locked (confusing, I know). And for the Vidmaster achievements, there's a patch that comes with the Mythic Map Pack. Reason being, Bungie knew people would commit an attempt to unlock these achievements any way they can, leading them to separate the Recon permutations with the actual patches for the Achievements and maps.

EDIT: Something else came to mind, and which I forgot to mention. You'll be able to get the Recon permutations, just not at the moment since Halo 3: ODST has not yet been released. Thank you unknown v2.

Again, this is a fact. "Takes Patience".

Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GTORacer

GTORacer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They said when halo3:ODST comes out and you have all of them you get recon

3. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    Just what I was mentioning in the Description of the video.

4. GTORacer

GTORacer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My bad, misread it

5. GummyBears

GummyBears Newbie

Ratings:
  6. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You can mod the achievements to get Recon, just not right now because Halo 3 : ODST isn't out yet and you need that game's Vidmaster achievements too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    I'll be sure to edit this into the Description, thanks.

8. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This should put the end to some controversy; thank you. I remember having a argument with some one over youtube. He claimed he had modded his achievements and had unlocked recon, I told hims he was lying but he still refused to admit it. Don't ya hate that; when some one is clearly wrong, yet they wont admit it? His name was Canadian Piro I think...

EDIT: Oh I found it!

Lol, he can't even spell piece or achievements, and I'm the dumb one, ay?

• Like Like x 1
  9. EW Iconic

EW Iconic Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Re: The Achievements - Takes Patience

WELL listen to their podcast they said it WILL get you recon but there has to be an update before you can mod it

10. Colt 45

Colt 45 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I dont even think people should care about recon when they get ODST. That game will have sick armor anyways and they shouldnt plan on people playing halo 3 as much once the release of ODST. sorry if this makes some of you recon chasers mad just my 2 cents

11. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    Re: The Achievements - Takes Patience

Holy s**t... why do you think I edited in that EDIT?! Seriously, I believe your eyes are beginning to decieve you if you TOTALLY misunderstood the thread post, including the edit.

Let me tell you a story of an update posted on Bungie.net shall I?
    It was one afternoon, who knows what time it could've been, but just saying it was on that day, that they mentioned the Vidmaster Challenges. Now, again, do you think that I'm that dumb not to remember that the Vidmaster Achievements WILL get you Recon Armor? I'm sorry for responding like this, but please if you ever want to quote something like this again try thinking of your actions before hand, not stating the most OBVIOUS thing there, right in your face.
    Thank you for posting your honesty, and I agree on that. The game play of this new expansion to Halo will be awesome.

12. ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06 The Shiroyasha Retired

Ratings:
    You cant get them yet, becuase they say you have to unlock ALL of the Vidmaster Achievements, and guess what? There are more Vidmaster achievements that are for ODST, so just unlocking all the halo 3 ones (even the ones that you can't yet legit) won't work. Plus they could just not have made the switch connected yet.

13. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    ^^^^^

Again, I believe this was mentioned in the following thread post (very top of this page).