• Start date
  • Views 555
Jawuan Live

Jawuan Live

I'm Based 24/7
Reaction score
Sin$
1) Every Developer is a publisher

"This is fundamental, and sets the basis for our relationship with our self-publishing partners," he explained at a Develop conference session attended by Digital Spy.

"Every single developer is a publisher, as far as we're concerned. We don't separate, we don't segregate indies from traditional publishers."

2) Equality of Opportunity

The second pillar is 'Equality of Opportunity', where the business support that Sony offers is available to all partners, and isn't dictated by the number of games published or revenue earned, offering a "level playing field".

3) Personal Relationship

The third, something that Simonetta said it is passionate about, is offering a 'Personal Relationship', where developers don't go through a "faceless portal", but instead offer an "open door policy", with direct access to those making promotional and marketing decisions to a game.

Sony's support team is available to contact at no cost, with no limits on the number or size of requests, and operates through remote checking, phone conferences and studio visits. "For us, it's key that each and every one of the companies working on PlayStation can come and talk to us at any point they want," he said.

4) No Hurdles, Just Games

Final pillar that Simonetta outlined was 'No Hurdles, Just Games'.

Source
Thoughts?

Paragon

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope Sony can honors these. One of the reasons I decided to make the switch from Xbox to Playstation is the way Microsoft treats indie developers. I read an article in Gameinformer about how incredibly difficult it was for indie devs to get their games onto XBLA. I don't remember specifics but all of the devs who were interviewed wondered if it was even worth getting their games onto Xbox. On the other hand, these same developers got their games onto PSN and Wii very easily, and without any of the harsh treatment they got from MS (again, don't remember specifics). I hope Sony can keep that up into the next generation.

Jawuan Live

Jawuan Live

I'm Based 24/7
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope Sony can honors these. One of the reasons I decided to make the switch from Xbox to Playstation is the way Microsoft treats indie developers. I read an article in Gameinformer about how incredibly difficult it was for indie devs to get their games onto XBLA. I don't remember specifics but all of the devs who were interviewed wondered if it was even worth getting their games onto Xbox. On the other hand, these same developers got their games onto PSN and Wii very easily, and without any of the harsh treatment they got from MS (again, don't remember specifics). I hope Sony can keep that up into the next generation.

They showed off a bunch of small indie devs at E3 and I think they will be able to do it. The way they are pushing the PS4 is for ease of use for all devs to bring in more indie developers. There was recently a 1 man team that had a kickstarter and was seen by sony, now he will have his game on the PS4 and Vita. I think Sony will do good :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register