What's new

Discussion The 343i Email Specialization Issue.

• Thread starter Rally
  • Start date
  • Views 1,696
Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Mythical Veteran Tutorial Creator Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE!! CHECK YOUR XBOX LIVE ACCOUNTS MESSAGES! THEY JUST SENT OUT A NEW BATCH OF CODES OUT!!! (at 11:30 est Dec 4th)

Also to note, 343 has "started" sending everyone there codes again, but this time directly too there xbox live acct, instead of there email... I think they are doing it country by country, so everyone should in theory get theirs.

I know mocking bird wrote a thread asking people not to post that you didn't get it yet(the email w/the specialization code in it), and 7s couldn't do anything to help you. Anyways, that didn't sit right with me, considering this whole weekend ive been trying to get mine, and its been very frustrating. So i figured id write a little "editorially" if you will, explaining whats going on, whats been done and what you should do yourselves.

Turns out 343 made a HUGE mess for Microsoft, Xbox support lines have been getting flooded by people asking where the code is, Microsoft had to have all there support staff in earlier so they could have a meeting on what to do with said callers, needless to say, MS is pissed. Not to mention, there is over 1,000 pages(about 10-12 posts to a page) of people just saying they didn't get it, and they have met all the pre-requirements for it(thread below). At this point calling Microsoft is gonna do nothing at all, they will tell you to post in some xbox.com thread that has no connection to 343, keep checking your email and to call back in a few days if you still haven't got it. Well i can tell you now that in a few days you wont have it, 343s community manger "bs angel" said last night that "Definitely have to investigate to find out if people received their emails and if not, why", at the point though, the thread(link below) had well over 600 pages of people saying they never got it. Point is they should already have been past the the whole "investigative" stage, since its clear they screwed up some where. She did update saying that they sent out new emails to everyone who didn't have a "active" email. But if you where one of those people you would have got a message when you signed into xbox live... Also they "re"sent emails out to "opt out" accounts... None the less, the thread is still growing.
Here is the thread:: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155922_The-Official-Specializations-Email-Thread.aspx

All in all, at this point it looks like there is well over 3000+ gamers who haven't got there code, now some may have not really met the requirements, or some may have been scamming just to get a code to sell, either way, if you go to most of there profiles almost everyone is a 70 maxed out. Which in a way proves they're not lying about it, and 343 has a real problem on there hand. Hopefully 343 wont end up screwing over its community, which at this point, looks like they may :-/ , because honestly they keep dogging the problem and saying its the community's fault, yet all evidence is too the contrary. Not too mention the fact, that there was better ways of doing this, or the fact that these should have just unlocked for everyone at this point. But i digress...

Now what should you do?
Firstly, you can call or start a chat with xbox live support, this is optional though, and i can tell you now they will have no information(as i called to make sure before i wrote this), other then to read a few threads on xbox.com, post in them, and just keep checking you email.
Here are the threads,
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2505/p/402925/2038404.aspx#2038404
(there other one seems to have been deleted)
If you want to contact them yourselves(either by online chat, call back, or email), go here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Before i go on, check your spam folder of your email, just a friendly reminder :smile:

Next, you should go over to the link below, sign in with your xbl information, and post in this format,

Post the following:

Your Gamertag
Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you played the game while connected to xbox live before 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on November 20, 2012
Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you are 17 years of age and older
Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you live in the United states, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand or India

If you answer "yes" too all of those, your post should look like this,
GAMERTAG
Yes
Yes
Yes

Do the following in this thread, https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155922_The-Official-Specializations-Email-Thread.aspx
The best ways to stay updated(however i will update this thread as best i can)::
The official "update thread" on this:: https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/12/01/Halo-4-Specializations-Offer-Update.aspx
"bs angel's" twitter, who is the community manager for 343:: https://twitter.com/bsangel
I think its pretty clear what this one is(if not, its 343 "official" twitter) :: https://twitter.com/HaloWaypoint
Thats all i can tell you at this point, i hope this helps some people. Any updates that come out, i will post under this message.

UPDATE!! CHECK YOUR XBOX LIVE ACCOUNTS MESSAGES! THEY JUST SENT OUT A NEW BATCH OF CODES OUT!!!

Last edited:
Mister_S

Mister_S

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got a message from Live on my xbox 360 that had the Specialization code I did not even need. :tongue:

fat pat 666

fat pat 666

Lucifixture
MotM Jokester Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
What did they expect. To reach everyone by email. Just put it up on live for free

IVIATTY

IVIATTY

When all else fails...cheat.
Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I got a message from Live on my xbox 360 that had the Specialization code I did not even need. :tongue:
Do you mind giving it to me? I can't get the specialization code because I live in europe. :frown:

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
What did they expect. To reach everyone by email. Just put it up on live for free
yeah thats what i said lol they should have just released the specializations at this time to everyone... So many people who got LE are getting them(someone i know that got it, just gave me the one they got), this whole thing is stupid.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice thread.

I still haven't gotten mine. It's such a pain, and the fact that they won't even give you code if you complain is stupid. I hope they get their sh*t together soon cause I want my code.

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE!! CHECK YOUR XBOX LIVE ACCOUNTS MESSAGES! THEY JUST SENT OUT A NEW BATCH OF CODES OUT!!!

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice thread.

I still haven't gotten mine. It's such a pain, and the fact that they won't even give you code if you complain is stupid. I hope they get their sh*t together soon cause I want my code.
Do you want a code? they just sent me a message to my xbox live account, you can have it. if you want it, but check your messages as well before i do give it too you.

Hr2004

Hr2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you want a code? they just sent me a message to my xbox live account, you can have it. if you want it, but check your messages as well before i do give it too you.
Hey man I live in Europe is it possible I could have it? I just checked my xbox messages and nothing

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey man I live in Europe is it possible I could have it? I just checked my xbox messages and nothing
LOL you will never be getting one, this promotion isn't for eurupe, sorry, at least thats what 343 is saying now.... And no, sorry, im giving it too the person above you, only because he is much more active on this site.

F

Fear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I live in Europe too... If there's anyone that doesn't need his code please pm me :smile:

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you mind giving it to me? I can't get the specialization code because I live in europe. :frown:
If all goes well, i may give you one... I wanna make sure everyone i know has one before i give out anymore. I got one from VinnyHaw VinnyHaw , which i used on my self, 2 of my fiends who got LE gave me theirs, and i just got one myself, i gave one to spooze, but im holding on too the other two too i know for sure, send me a PM when you see this, so i remember to send you one if "all goes well"...

Also to note, 343 has started sending everyone there codes again, but this time directly too there xbox live acct, instead of there email... I think they are doing it country by country, so everyone should in theory get theirs.

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I received a code but have no clue why... I don't even own Halo 4 haha

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I received a code but have no clue why... I don't even own Halo 4 haha
Possibly a old email associated with your current account did? Maybe you sold a acct, and that email is still associated with your account? idk just a idea...Ive heard some weird things happening over the last 72 hours lol Ive heard of people redeeming the code, and the code applying to a whole different acct.

They are sending them out to everyone now too, even people who "already" got it... The code you have though is worth some money, as you can sell it to someone in Europe.. However, there is loads of people on 7s that would be doubly grateful if you gave it too them lol One person being IVIATTY IVIATTY .

Mag1c

Mag1c

Since '06
Reaction score
Sin$
If anyone gets one and does not need it. I would truly appreciate it. I have had the same email since i created my account over 5 years ago, still nothing...

Thanks!

Best of luck to everyone

lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Still haven't got mine. If anyone is willing to give me their code it would be greatly appreciated

Vz xNITROx

Vz xNITROx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hi guys i still havent got mine and would hate to miss out,if any one has a spear code that they dont want would you mind giving it to me.thanks guys

Top Bottom
Login
Register