Results are only viewable after voting.
jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, I challenged Knowledge Knowledge to a friendly tag battle because he's been teaching me hands-on with a lot of stuff over the past few days that I've been learning PS. He let me choose a theme for us to do and I picked Psycho-Pass, a sci-fi crime anime that became my favorite show after I watched it a few months ago. Just vote for whichever piece you like more, and feel free to provide me with feedback. I cannot learn without people telling me what my problems are.

Jack's Sig:
xUpcwsH.png

Knowledge's Sig:
mmYjKLs.png

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Voted for Knowledge, his sig has a lot of flow imo and that really helps with the text effect that he has going on. I feel like has a lot of stuff going on around the right side, especially where it switches to blue , maybe if it switched to blue on the left of the sig beside the render? You should throw a light source of some kind too.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I wanna battle someone : D

Going with Knowledge. I like your sig Jack but I think it would look better with a less complicated BG. Your render is a lot more cartoony than the one Knowledge used therefore a simpler BG would be better. The simple BG should have the majority of it being a solid color.

I can't really explain it but this is pretty much what I'm trying to say.
UmmVjfE.png

khpKMnP.png

MAWDuPL.png

pjvTgVi.png

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I wanna battle someone : D

Going with Knowledge. I like your sig Jack but I think it would look better with a less complicated BG. Your render is a lot more cartoony than the one Knowledge used therefore a simpler BG would be better. The simple BG should have the majority of it being a solid color.

I can't really explain it but this is pretty much what I'm trying to say.
UmmVjfE.png

khpKMnP.png

MAWDuPL.png

pjvTgVi.png
I think you mean to say that the BG is drawing attention away from the main focal point, aka the render.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Tag is copyrighted under me soooo I'll take $14,384,569.99.

I like Jack's more. His has more going on in the background with a mix of colors.

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm going with Knowledge. I find that Jack's signature is too dark(colour scheme). It would of been better if the sigs were the same size.

xVitalz

xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Voted knowledge. I'll just comment on your sig.

The effect that you have layed over your tender that I'll continue to refer to as "sparks effect" is currently adding some orangish tones to your background, it's apparent in the portion above the render's shoulder. With the mostly green/blue background it throws off the piece as a whole. I also feel as if there is no flow currently displayed in your sig, the spark effect is in some ways saying that the flow of the render is almost straight up and down with a slight angle to the right. I'd say the direction is alot more distinct then that almost a 30ish degree angle. You also need more in the foreground to show the flow better. There are some more things i'd like to comment on but to go in depth i'd have to be in front of my computer but unfortunately i'm not. So i'll just point out some other things i had issues with:

The change from green to blue on the right side is somewhat random in that i feel it serves no purpose.
Don't like text

On a positive note the lighting makes sense.

Colibra 7s

Colibra 7s

"The Good Life"
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Both are very nicely done, for me Knowledge's has an edge as it draws me into the sig top notch :thumbsup:

Top Bottom
Login
Register