Solved System link not picking up JTAG

Mattch

Mattch

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys,

Just got my new JTAG :smile: and i've been messing around with patches to see what one I would use so i'm going to start hosting system links etc soon but when I went to test the system link I seem to have a problem:

1. Boot JTAG up via the default.xex with the patch_mp.ff file in the same directory
  2. Go to system link and start the game with xbox live unlocks ON
  3. Go to join on my retail but it dosen't show any games

The way I have it set up is Jtag connected to Retail via Ethernet cable with Retail connected to live via wireless
Don't think this effects anything but I dont have *any* TU's applied to my JTAG as I belive you need a different default.xex to boot from.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Edit: This happens on both COD4 and COD6

Facebook

Facebook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jtag and Retail must both be connected to the router / modem whichever one through an ethernet cord.

So Jtag > Cord > Router.
So Retail > Cord > Router.

Mattch

Mattch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The same title update needs to be on both.

Ahh thats what im doing wrong.

If i copy the TU's from my Cache on the retail to the JTAG hdd do I need another Default.xex or can I just use the same one?

Jtag and Retail must both be connected to the router / modem whichever one through an ethernet cord.

So Jtag > Cord > Router.
So Retail > Cord > Router.

Ok if it dosent work after i've applied the TU's i'll try this because Im sure i read that if the consoles are physically connected to each other via a Ethernet cable it would still pick up

A

ADIZZYSN1PER

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahh thats what im doing wrong.

If i copy the TU's from my Cache on the retail to the JTAG hdd do I need another Default.xex or can I just use the same one?

I think that when the title update occurs, it gives you a newly updated version of the default.xex and the default_mp.xex so I don't think you can use the same .xex unless you downloaded a modded xex and it says the xex is to work with the latest TU.

Mattch

Mattch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think that when the title update occurs, it gives you a newly updated version of the default.xex and the default_mp.xex so I don't think you can use the same .xex unless you downloaded a modded xex and it says the xex is to work with the latest TU.

Ok thanks i'll go look for a tut because i'm a complete newb to Jtags and this is the only thing I didn't read up on

you need a different xex, just go to deany 95 and you will find then their

Thanks for this!!!

Thanks guys its working fine!!

I'll start hosting soon once I've had time to look at other patches and whatnot and cleared my friends that i said I would do it for!

DrZimbabwe

DrZimbabwe

Peace at Last
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes,Both consoles need to be on the Latest TU and both have a stable connection to the router in your house and you should be able to connect fine.

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Unless you have an external hard drive (Non-Microsoft) then you can just get a default.xex patched with the latest TU.

Top Bottom
Login
Register