What's new

Solved System link jtag and retail HELP

P

P0PZ

Reaction score
Sin$
hello

ive been trying to find out if i need to have the patch 30 installed on my jtag if i want to do a system link (LAN) with a retail xbox, both xbox are connected to each other with a 10 meter ethernet cable.

system link on halo 3 is fine, no problems at all, but system link on reach and i have problems
The xboxs show up on system link (in custom games) but cant join each other for some reason.
i have tried both the installed copy on the jtag hdd and also playing from the disc on the jtag but neither of them work, i am completely stumped, unless it is the patch 30 which i havent installed (i was under the impression that it was for online play not a LAN style set up)

can someone advice what would be the next step in solving the issue

cheers
P0PZ

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
hello

ive been trying to find out if i need to have the patch 30 installed on my jtag if i want to do a system link (LAN) with a retail xbox, both xbox are connected to each other with a 10 meter ethernet cable.

system link on halo 3 is fine, no problems at all, but system link on reach and i have problems
The xboxs show up on system link (in custom games) but cant join each other for some reason.
i have tried both the installed copy on the jtag hdd and also playing from the disc on the jtag but neither of them work, i am completely stumped, unless it is the patch 30 which i havent installed (i was under the impression that it was for online play not a LAN style set up)

can someone advice what would be the next step in solving the issue

cheers
P0PZ
If you are directly connecting the xbox's, it shouldn't matter if the patch is installed (dashlaunch does this automatically now I believe), as there should be no way you are going over 30ms. Like ddxcb mentioned, is either your retail or your jtag running a title update that the other is not?

Upvote 0
ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
im not sure on the tu's, how would i check what updates the retail is running?

you guys know where i can download the latest updates so i can install them on both xboxs?

cheers
P0PZ
There should be a 1.1 somewhere on the main title screen of Reach, either in the center of the screen, or in the bottom right corner. If not, it does not have the title update.

If you have been playing Reach on LIVE within the past 20 or so days, you have the update on your retail.

TU's can be found on this website, and need to be placed in the Cache folder on your HDD, or the Cache Partition\Cache folder on a USB drive.

Upvote 0
P

P0PZ

Reaction score
Sin$
yep that did it, the TU was the issue.

had a few issues (the wrong file format TU PAL/NTSC) i figured the easiest thing would be to extract the TU from the retail xbox on my computer then transfer it to my jtag.

that process was nice and simple and it worked great, so ill be updating all my games now i know about the TU and the issues you may get with/without them

+rep for everyone that helped out with this

cheers
P0PZ

Upvote 0
ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
had a few issues (the wrong file format TU PAL/NTSC) i figured the easiest thing would be to extract the TU from the retail xbox on my computer then transfer it to my jtag.
Sorry about not mentioning that the region thing can happen, I saw more than one version of the Reach TU posted on the update website, and assumed it wasn't missing any.

Upvote 0
Lucifer

BLAMMMM

Annoying spammer
Jokester Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
There should be a 1.1 somewhere on the main title screen of Reach, either in the center of the screen, or in the bottom right corner. If not, it does not have the title update.

If you have been playing Reach on LIVE within the past 20 or so days, you have the update on your retail.

TU's can be found on this website, and need to be placed in the Cache folder on your HDD, or the Cache Partition\Cache folder on a USB drive.
im getting the "This game was updated to an incapatable version" problem

Upvote 0
ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
im getting the "This game was updated to an incapatable version" problem
I usually see that on either a modded xex, or you used the wrong title update for the xex you have. I think reach had a seperate one for the GoD version as well.

Upvote 0
Lucifer

BLAMMMM

Annoying spammer
Jokester Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I usually see that on either a modded xex, or you used the wrong title update for the xex you have. I think reach had a seperate one for the GoD version as well.
i dont feel like replacing my modded xex so i guess its not that important >.>

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register