• Thread starter BlahBerrys
  • Start date
  • Views 5,632
BlahBerrys

BlahBerrys

Paypal Verified!
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I just installed Ubuntu 11.10... I think I'm going to like it but every thing is extremely... different. For example, I pinned G Chrome to my task bar however minimizing doesn't work. Its hard to explain. Basically if there are any Linux experts out there that have any advice or tutorials, would be greatly appreciated!

Operating System
  1. Linux
BlahBerrys

BlahBerrys

Paypal Verified!
Reaction score
Sin$
What's the problem?
Basically I added a shortcut to G chrome on my desktop. If I minimize it G chrome just disappears and if I double click the icon again it opens a new window and the other one is lost. Also how can I get to %appdata% or whatever it may be to install mods for MineCraft?

Dinkleberg

Dinkleberg

Voted favorite member 6/19/12
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically I added a shortcut to G chrome on my desktop. If I minimize it G chrome just disappears and if I double click the icon again it opens a new window and the other one is lost. Also how can I get to %appdata% or whatever it may be to install mods for MineCraft?
Maybe just try clicking it once, I don't have Linux or anything but maybe double clicking it makes a whole new browser and single clicking it resumes the old window

BlahBerrys

BlahBerrys

Paypal Verified!
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe just try clicking it once, I don't have Linux or anything but maybe double clicking it makes a whole new browser and single clicking it resumes the old window
Thanks for a guess, however (no offence) if anyone has ever used a computer they know clicking once on an Icon selects it, and a double click opens, or 'runs', the program, shortcut, etc. Although I can see your point, having most likely never used Linux, seeing that as possible. Thanks for the suggestion!

Dinkleberg

Dinkleberg

Voted favorite member 6/19/12
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for a guess, however (no offence) if anyone has ever used a computer they know clicking once on an Icon selects it, and a double click opens, or 'runs', the program, shortcut, etc. Although I can see your point, having most likely never used Linux, seeing that as possible. Thanks for the suggestion!
Well actually on a Mac thats not true...

Bar Starred

Bar Starred

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Regarding the chrome bug, I cannot, for the life of me, remember how I fixed it. Maybe try to uninstall chrome (back-up bookmarks and stuff first) and reinstall from the repo, if that doesn't work, manually add the chrome repo using terminal.

Hope you enjoy Ubuntu, it's great, just a shame about the available software, some stuff is mighty tricky compared to winblow$, dual-booting is my saviour.

Trammell

Trammell

Retired
Retired
Reporter Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
im on 12.04 to fix that I uninstalled it and reinstalled.

Code:
sudo apt-get purge google-chrome-stable
sudo reboot

SnakeVenom

SnakeVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
. Also how can I get to %appdata% or whatever it may be to install mods for MineCraft?

Hey BlahBerrys! I'm a guy who has Ubuntu 12.04 and Win7 on a dual boot, and I've been at this for a while. If you want to get to the equivalent of %appdata% on an ubuntu machine, all you have to do is open up Nautilus, which the windows explorer of Ubuntu. Then go to File System, then click on Home. Then, hit Ctrl+H, and this will bring up everything plus hidden folders. Navigate to a folder called .minecraft. By default, anything, file or folder, beginning with a . is hidden. Anyways, once you open this folder, it's exactly the same as %appdata%. If you want to rip open the .jar, just right click and open with Archive Manager. Let me know if this doesn't work, operators are standing by! (see what I did there?)

Top Bottom
Login
Register