What's new

Solved Swapping to SDD

• Thread starter pootshwan
  • Start date
  • Views 249
P

pootshwan

Reaction score
There are a bunch of advantages of a Solid State Drive over a HDD. Boot time and noise being the most obvious. The disadvantage being a much lighter wallet. My question for you guys is this: Is it possible to swap out the Stock 360 HDD for a solid state and JTAG it?

L

Lun4t1k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the 360 doesn't have any drivers for SSD, so it wouldn't be able to utilize one.

P

pootshwan

Reaction score
Well, the 360 doesn't have any drivers for SSD, so it wouldn't be able to utilize one.

Wouldn't it be the same as swapping out a Seagate for a Samsung? I'm pretty sure the drivers wouldn't affect the swap, as it's known that you can currently swap one HDD out for another. I think most gamers are hesistant because of the chunk of change they would have to shell out for a SSD. I received a Kingston 80GB SSD as a promotion at a job fair. It got me thinking...if I'm going to replace my stock HDD before jtagging anyways, why not try it with a SSD. (with known advantages over a HDD)

L

Lun4t1k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the same as swapping out a Seagate for a Samsung? I'm pretty sure the drivers wouldn't affect the swap, as it's known that you can currently swap one HDD out for another. I think most gamers are hesistant because of the chunk of change they would have to shell out for a SSD. I received a Kingston 80GB SSD as a promotion at a job fair. It got me thinking...if I'm going to replace my stock HDD before jtagging anyways, why not try it with a SSD. (with known advantages over a HDD)
No, it's 2 completely different types of drives. If you try to use SSD on a base XP install, it won't work since XP doesn't have hardware drivers for ssd. You would need to manually add them.

Top Bottom