What's new

Solved Swap with a

G

GrubXer0

Metal Faced Villain
Reaction score
Hello. I RGH'd my Corona v2 earlier this month, and while I had the case opened learned that the DVD drive is a DG-16D5S. A few days later I opened an old broken slim and saw that the DVD drive inside of it was a DG-16D4S.

To my knowledge it is a pain in the *** to flash a DG-16D5S PCB without buying a replacement. With the DVD key recovered from the RGH, will I be able to unlock and flash the board the of the 4S and solder it into my RGH's drive to play my backups?

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Hello. I RGH'd my Corona v2 earlier this month, and while I had the case opened learned that the DVD drive is a DG-16D5S. A few days later I opened an old broken slim and saw that the DVD drive inside of it was a DG-16D4S.

To my knowledge it is a pain in the *** to flash a DG-16D5S PCB without buying a replacement. With the DVD key recovered from the RGH, will I be able to unlock and flash the board the of the 4S and solder it into my RGH's drive to play my backups?
You Can Add No FCRT Option On The Xebuild. Flash The 16D4S Drive With LT 3.0 Leaving The Key As Is Then Entering That Drives Key To The Newly Created Image By Editing Kv Info.

G

GrubXer0

Metal Faced Villain
Reaction score
You Can Add No FCRT Option On The Xebuild. Flash The 16D4S Drive With LT 3.0 Leaving The Key As Is Then Entering That Drives Key To The Newly Created Image By Editing Kv Info.
Aiight cool, thanks a bunch.

H

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Staff
Reaction score

Flashing a 16D5S is impossible without a replacement PCB. 16D4S is easy to read, but a pain in the *** to flash. There are two different types of boards. One requires a tracecut and probe, other requires the Kamikaze drilling into the chip. Best bet without the tools is yo just dump the 4S as stated above and flash that DVD drive to the NAND.

Top Bottom