Swap Bullets?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by olloX3, Jul 10, 2009 with 7 replies and 309 views.

1. olloX3

olloX3 Newbie

Ratings:
    Is it possible to swap bullets from weapons?
    Example: Make smg shot spartan laser beams?

If so how do i do that? Im new to modding. ( Started today because of my freaking XSata was broken before. )

2. RvB rox

RvB rox Contributor

Ratings:
    no. in order to do a projectile swap you would have to be able to .map mod which is possible on a dev kit.

the only current modding possible is con modding.

3. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Its not, anything lke halo 2 modding you cannot do unless you have a dev kit. They cost around $1000 and cannot play retail games.

4. OP
    olloX3

olloX3 Newbie

Ratings:
    ****, my idea just flew away. I wanted to impress my friends >.> nevermind thanks all.

EDIT: The Construct Modding Tool has the "swap" function what is it?

5. pbsparta250r

pbsparta250r Enthusiast

Ratings:
    that is for modding forge maps, but once it gets to swapping progectiles using "SWAP" you once again need a dev kit (unless of course if you swap a double box for a progectile, possible)

6. RvB rox

RvB rox Contributor

Ratings:

imma restate that because no offense, but it was kinda hard to understand.

what he means is swapping projectiles (making a weapon shoot something else, not always a bullet or something. for example, in halo 2, you can shoot out elites or traffic cones or warthogs or something. BUT you can always swap it to another bullet, in halo 2.) he means when you select something in the proj. tag and change it to something else, that would be .map modding. in order to .map mod, you need a dev kit. otherwise, its for when you want something else to spawn instead. for example, if im playing h3 and i spawn a crate. i can transfer it to the comp, and then make something else spawn in that exact spot. so if i change that to spawn the forge monitor (in the biped tag) the the forge monitor will spawn there instead of the crate. but now lets say i want a wraith shot to spawn there. then i would go to the tag the crate is in (bloc), select it, and swap it to spawn a projectile. so now the crate is gone, and the projectile is there.

when you spawn a projectile, it will not be just still. it will be moving towards whatever it is aimed at. you can judge the aiming by the arrow at the bottom of the object, or if you are using a spawn point, the direction the spawn is facing.

7. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    You guys pretty much wrapped it up.

8. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The construct modding application is for dev kits not for reatil 360's.