Suspended From Xbox Live for LagSwitch Bridging, (I Think)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by iMarty, Feb 4, 2009 with 6 replies and 699 views.

1. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well I turned on my xbox today and it didn't sign me in automatically so I tried to sign in and I recieved this message:

"You have been suspended from Xbox LIVE. You will not be able to sign in to Xbox LIVE until 2/5/2009."

Yay! At least its just a day :/. Just a warning out there to folks, don't use a lag switch to bridge host because I used to bridge host with ZA and Cain and I never got in trouble. Maybe it was because I was playing legit until I started to lose and lag switched. Or maybe for a lot of reports and stuff? I dunno.

2. Cymbal

Cymbal Best of You

Ratings:
    o_o .. What do you mean "I think" It's either you were suspended or you weren't. If you got that message when you were trying to log on, then I bet you are suspended.

3. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    He thinks the reason he got suspended was because he used a lagswitch.... Use your brain people

4. OP
    iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No I meant, I think it was for lagswitching. Don't start flaming. Of course I am suspended, but for what is unsure since they don't tell you exactly.

5. P R O L II K E

P R O L II K E Enthusiast

Ratings:
    its most likely from the amount of complaints that were filed on you for a specific action. For example system tampering.

6. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    It takes a LOT of complaints filed to get someone booted off live for a day.

7. OP
    iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, I checked my email and Pro Liike is right. It was for complaints. I need to host quit more, so they don't catch who on my team did it. But yah, It said for one day, but now it got extended for a week :/ I hope it doesn't get extended beyond that... -.-