• Thread starter Casualtyy
  • Start date
  • Views 1,177
Casualtyy

Casualtyy

Getting There
Experienced Veteran 10th Anniversary Jokester
Reaction score
I'm going to be making a survival island map. I need ideas on what I should do, what it should be about, ect.

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely if you are making a map you should know yourself what it should be, unless you are just looking for what people want, not inspiration?

Casualtyy

Casualtyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Surely if you are making a map you should know yourself what it should be, unless you are just looking for what people want, not inspiration?
I just need ideas, I'm clueless atm.

K

kyled12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe use the piston mod and you can create things like trap doors, hidden stairs, bridges, and many other things that will make it better

Casualtyy

Casualtyy

Getting There
Reaction score
maybe use the piston mod and you can create things like trap doors, hidden stairs, bridges, and many other things that will make it better
I would like to do that but, people would have to have the mod installed. :tongue:

xVitalz

TCX xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
I'll give you ideas i just hope you know there already is a survival island.
One question before i list some ideas: Do you want the map to have a storyline or is it just a survival island?

Casualtyy

Casualtyy

Getting There
Reaction score
I'll give you ideas i just hope you know there already is a survival island.
One question before i list some ideas: Do you want the map to have a storyline or is it just a survival island?

I'll just make up a quick backstory when I'm done. And there are many survival islands.

xVitalz

TCX xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
I'll just make up a quick backstory when I'm done. And there are many survival islands.

Well then i guess you can just have a limited amount of resources example 2 trees, far away from land mainly sand on the island.
Make the island fairly small, make areas based off the storyline ie. Find the buried treasure.
If you have goals there should be main areas dedicated to those goals.
If you want to make it super hard make it so the water is lava :tongue:
Make underground mazes etc.
If your going to make any other maps in the future i would really like to help you build them, preferably on a server and not transferring the map back and forth.

Casualtyy

Casualtyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Well then i guess you can just have a limited amount of resources example 2 trees, far away from land mainly sand on the island.
Make the island fairly small, make areas based off the storyline ie. Find the buried treasure.
If you have goals there should be main areas dedicated to those goals.
If you want to make it super hard make it so the water is lava :tongue:
Make underground mazes etc.
If your going to make any other maps in the future i would really like to help you build them, preferably on a server and not transferring the map back and forth.
I would love to do that, but I'm too laggy to play on servers. Anyways, what can I use to change all land around the island to water? MCEdit?

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
For a "Survival Island", I personally think it would be cool to create some casual buildings whether houses or massive structures and then completely destroy them with large amounts of TNT.

This would create a "ghost town" effect which would be a great scene for a survival island.

Rza1337

Rza1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering it is a survival map you want (i'm assuming survival and not challenge like the rest) you could have them play on hard mode. It could also have one tree and you have bare resources surrounding you.
EDIT: Never mind, i should've read the thread, didn't see the other post.

M

masterenigma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to do this too. If you ever watched the Yogscast's survival island, I want to do something like that.