Super big begginer with coding

Discussion in 'Source Code & Tutorial Database' started by Inferno4dayz, Nov 2, 2016 with 8 replies and 931 views.

1. Inferno4dayz

Inferno4dayz Newbie

Ratings:
    hey i am new to coding and I was wondering if someone could help me get a grip of stuff I plan to make a couple of programs for games
    Thanks inferno

2. jackorama

jackorama Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what kind of programs do you mean ? can you be a bit more specific

3. MatthewH

MatthewH Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Just look here or just look around the tons of tutorials in the area.

4. Hect0r

Hect0r Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Google is your friend here when it comes to debugging and search code, just use it like this : c# code read file line by line
    thats just a example, but it pulls up some good code sometimes, I suggest c# to begin with, good luck :smile:

5. getburied

getburied Enthusiast

Ratings:
    For gaming you should consider basics of C+ to start.

6. B14K3

B14K3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I am lost on what you are asking but I will try to help you out here.

I'd start getting a good idea how a language works before going straight into game programming. Anyways C# is a good language for making programs/games. Visual Studio is very beginner friendly and can be very helpful for beginners with its designer, plenty of tutorials to go along with it as well! Well, good luck in the future and keep coding. Remember: Practice makes perfect!

7. xSloth

xSloth Null

Ratings:
    I know this post is a little old but if you still need help i reccomend taking a course on pluralsight... you can learn pretty much any language you want. :wink:

8. Xolitude

Xolitude Enthusiast

Ratings:
    EDIT: Mah bad, had to re-read. Just google my friend, maybe buy a few books on programming ^^

9. Cozz

Cozz I post accounts from time to time. Premium

Ratings:
    Don't just hop straight into making a program, possibly do some research to learn what you want to make and what language you would want to use as there are many different languages. When I first got into coding I would look at other peoples source code to learn what each line was saying, this might help you out once you figure out what language you want your program to be in. Besides looking through source code there are many websites that help you, there is also Google which is your #1 friend when it comes to stuff like this, if you run into a problem there is most likely another person that has hit that same problem. That's where Google will come into play.

• Like Like x 1