This is a guide on how to successfully farm Sunwell Trash.
Before we start: If you are planning on creating your own group you must have at lease 3 hours of time (depending on how long it takes to get everybody, and how many runs you do) and lots of patience. Also, I highly recommend using a voice chat program like ventrilo for easier communication with your group. Now lets get to the guide!
- Ok lets start off with getting a group, loot rules will be roll on ALL sun motes/gems at the END of the run to ensure no one leaving when they win something.
- First you want to get a tank thats at LEAST 16k unbuffed, preferably 17k (get a druid or a warrior because pallys aren't very good in Sunwell trash due to the great AOE damage they have).
- Next you want to get 6-8 mages because you need them for your sheeping GEAR DOES NOT MATTER FOR THE MAGES because they will be simply spamming chain sheep.
- Then you should try to get AOE heals (IE: Shaman for the chain heals, priests CoH ect...) for the bot that you have to fight before getting to the trash your going to be killing.
- After you get your tank/mages/healers its very simple from there (depending on your server). Just round up DPS that are fairly well - amazing geared. Make sure to take 1-2 hunters! I usually go with 15-20 people but you can take 25.
- Have everybody go outside of Sunwell Plateau. When everybody is right outside Sunwell have them all zone in. When everybody gets in you need to bust out a stopwatch or have someone with a mod timer time it because as soon as you kill the bot he has a 2 hour respawn timer. If he respawns while your killing trash you will wipe.
- Have everybody go up to the left of the big tree in the middle of the room. As soon as everybody is there buff up! The tactic for the bot fight is for all healers/ranged DPS to stack up right to the left of the tree, and meelee of course has to be up by the bot. Pull the bot by having a hunter misdirect to the tank. The bot does AOE damage to about 8 random people in your raid for about 4k health so your AOE healers have to be ready. Thats pretty much it for the bot
- After you down the bot make sure someone in the raid is ready to time when the bot respawns (2 hours after you kill it) whether your using a timer, or a mod timer to ensure you have accurate info on when the bot will respawn.
- You are now ready to move onto the farming part. Move your raid to the next room where you will be farming the 2 mobs. When everyone is in the next roo, its your choice to pick which side you farm off of. If you want to farm off the right side you will be killing all the mobs on the left side first and vise versa. For this guide I will be farming off the right pack of mobs.
- Now you have to spend a little time setting up your sheep targets, so first you want to have your whole raid advance to the pack of the mobs on the left. Make sure you are positioned right so when you pull the left mobs you dont aggro both groups.
- Next you want to mark up every target on the left pack of mobs, then you want to make a macro for the mages and their sheeping targets. The macro should look something similar to this ( I will be using random names). Funmage = star Maccy = diamond Korlik = moon Paemos = circle ect Once you finish the macro announce on vent that your posting the sheep targets for the mages so be ready. After you post it make sure all the mages know their sheeping targets. Now your ready to begin farming! Note: Tell your mages to be chain sheeping. They shouldnt be doing much damage if any at all.
- Do a ready check and when everyone accepts your ready to pull. I recommend counting down before you pull so if your mages dont have PoM they can begin casting 1 second before the tank pulls.
- Have your hunter pull the skull when the countdown is over, mages NEED to have all their sheeps down while everybody else but the healers DPS skill. After you kill skull have the tank move onto X, then when X is at about 10% have your tank or raid leader call out which target you are killing next and do that every time until you kill the whole left pack of mobs. If a mage happens to die off the bat then have another mage (if you have an extra mage that isnt sheeping due to too many mages) pick up the dead mages target, if no extra mages call out for a druid to battle rez ASAP.
- When all the mobs on the left side are dead make sure to check loot for gems/sun motes without aggroing the right pack of mobs. If a mob that is dead is a close call for aggroing while looting then leave it be until you kill the other pack of mobs.
- After the left side is clear move your raid to the right side of the room in position to pull the right pack of mobs. Mark up sheep targets, skull, ect and make sure everybodys ready via ready check. Now follow step 13 but instead of killing every mob you will leave the bird alive. The reason being is that if you kill the whole right pack of mobs you wont be able to farm off of them because they wont respawn. If someone happens to accidentally start attacking the bird the mage that is sheeping the bird must immediately call out that the bird is being attacked and not to DPS on the bird.
- After everything dies in the right pack of mobs excluding the bird tell everybody EXCEPT the mage thats sheeping the bird to zone out of the instance. When everyone is out except the mage have the mage zone out. After everybodys out of the instance wait 5 seconds and tell everyone via raid warning and ventrilo to zone back in.
- When everybody in the raid is in the instance have everybody go into the room where the 2 sets of mobs are and youll notice that the mobs on the left are dead, and the mobs on the right have respawned! Now all you have to do is follow these steps in order (steps 11-16) and rinse and repeat until the 2 hour time limit is up (when the bot respawns)!
- I recommend stopping about 5-10 minutes before the bot respawns, but it really depends on how fast/slow you can farm the mobs. For my guild it usually takes about 5 minutes to get in the instance, kill all the mobs, and zone out. When you stop make sure to go either in the first room all the way by the entrance to roll for the loot, or you can go outside of Sunwell and roll (I wouldn't recommend doing this if your on a PvP server). Then your done!
- I hope you enjoyed my guide on the proper way to farm Sunwell trash. Sorry for the big block of text but like I said... its extremely detailed and if you read my guide you'll be sure to be successful in leading Sunwell trash runs. If you need pictures just ask and ill add them if you don't understand something or if you ask a question and you still don't understand how to do something. I became very well known on my server because I knew how to run Sunwell trash the best way possible.
This guide was written by me (S y N I K a L), do not rip unless proper source is given (Se7enSins)
@ UKmonkey - The warlock has a decent part in Sunwell trash. The healthstones are very key for the bot when the healers cannot get off a heal in time, and all healers love soulstones! Overall I usually take 2 warlocks in with me to Sunwell.