• Start date
  • Views 345
devilhunter1990

devilhunter1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Greetings,

My xbox 360 (zephyr) was working fine, and I decided to switch from the "old" jtag points to AUD_Clamp points. I used SMC I/O Config Utility v0.2b to patch SMC, I did and my xbox was working as usual. I even tried to power it on/off 20 times + to check if the patched smc does have any effects on my console. I however didnt move (J2D2.2) RF/Ring of light connection to AUD_CLAMP. Anyways, of all the sudden, console keeps giving E79 and doesnt boot into xell.....

I rewired all connections again, moved to the new point (AUD_Clamp) but nothing is preventing E79....

If you have any idea on whats going on here please advice.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Greetings,

My xbox 360 (zephyr) was working fine, and I decided to switch from the "old" jtag points to AUD_Clamp points. I used SMC I/O Config Utility v0.2b to patch SMC, I did and my xbox was working as usual. I even tried to power it on/off 20 times + to check if the patched smc does have any effects on my console. I however didnt move (J2D2.2) RF/Ring of light connection to AUD_CLAMP. Anyways, of all the sudden, console keeps giving E79 and doesnt boot into xell.....

I rewired all connections again, moved to the new point (AUD_Clamp) but nothing is preventing E79....

If you have any idea on whats going on here please advice.
Try writing retail back and remove the wires and see if it boots...

M

mdawg252

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RROD 0001 is the lack of the 12v line. Either something todo with the PSU, MOSFETS, caps, and in some weird cases GPU could need to be reflowed. I have this error on one of my consoles, can get it to work by removing MOSFETS but then about 2 mins later, a mosfet fries(noidea which one). But yea if you dont have my bad luck then check caps(see if they are bulging at all) and see if the powersupply is green when console is turned on, otherwise your going to need to replace a few things.

devilhunter1990

devilhunter1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RROD 0001 is the lack of the 12v line. Either something todo with the PSU, MOSFETS, caps, and in some weird cases GPU could need to be reflowed. I have this error on one of my consoles, can get it to work by removing MOSFETS but then about 2 mins later, a mosfet fries(noidea which one). But yea if you dont have my bad luck then check caps(see if they are bulging at all) and see if the powersupply is green when console is turned on, otherwise your going to need to replace a few things.

I shorted my xbox some how, I could get readings on capacitors and mosfets. As for the gpu, it was working fine, I dont think its the gpu. I tested the power supply on different xbox and its working.

Top Bottom
Login
Register