9O9WHTd.jpg

https://userstyles.org/styles/120063/youtube-dark-side-theme

xVitalz

xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Too dark, alot of things don't contrast well. Instead of using what looks to be jetblack on the background you should have used a dark grey, then have everything compensate for that. Youtube text looks nice though.

Shun Goku Satsu

Shun Goku Satsu

I'm just a guy who's a hero for fun
Reaction score
Sin$
Too dark, alot of things don't contrast well. Instead of using what looks to be jetblack on the background you should have used a dark grey, then have everything compensate for that. Youtube text looks nice though.

30 people have downloaded it and I have had no complaints also I already made a theme like that, which is why I made a "dark" theme

It's easy to navigate if this was jet black all you would see is text this theme is meant to be dark unlike those other themes that are labeled dark yet are actually dark grey

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
30 people have downloaded it and I have had no complaints also I already made a theme like that, which is why I made a "dark" theme

It's easy to navigate if this was jet black all you would see is text this theme is meant to be dark unlike those other themes that are labeled dark yet are actually dark grey
Yeah there is dark and then there is wrong and broken. This is way to "dark" for actual use. Also, just because someone downloads a theme on Stylish doesn't mean that they are using it.

Shun Goku Satsu

Shun Goku Satsu

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah there is dark and then there is wrong and broken. This is way to "dark" for actual use. Also, just because someone downloads a theme on Stylish doesn't mean that they are using it.

"just because someone downloads a theme on Stylish doesn't mean that they are using it"
I'm aware of that, my point is out of those 30 people no one has complained so stop nitpicking

This theme is not "wrong and broken" which I assume is what you are insinuating I can clearly distinguish and see elements of the theme just fine if you don't like it then fine but don't bash it when it's free

Take it or leave it simple as that

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
if you don't like it then fine but don't bash it
I'm not bashing it. I was stating a fact. Just because you can read something on your screen, doesn't mean that other people can. The basics of web design are that the text needs to stand out from the background. With what you've made, you've not altered the theme's font colour so the font doesn't stand out correctly.

Like when people use this colour text on the 7s dark theme, or this colour on the light theme Works so well doesn't it...

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
"just because someone downloads a theme on Stylish doesn't mean that they are using it"
I'm aware of that, my point is out of those 30 people no one has complained so stop nitpicking

This theme is not "wrong and broken" which I assume is what you are insinuating I can clearly distinguish and see elements of the theme just fine if you don't like it then fine but don't bash it when it's free

Take it or leave it simple as that
I don't know why you take any feedback you get and throw it out the window, even I can agree when they say it's way too dark. Now, you can continue being ignorant or you could apply this feedback to fix the theme or keep this feedback in mind when you make a new theme for whatever site. Nobody is basking it, we understand it takes time and effort to make these, I would know as I have made a few in my day.

Shun Goku Satsu

Shun Goku Satsu

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know why you take any feedback you get and throw it out the window, even I can agree when they say it's way too dark. Now, you can continue being ignorant or you could apply this feedback to fix the theme or keep this feedback in mind when you make a new theme for whatever site. Nobody is basking it, we understand it takes time and effort to make these, I would know as I have made a few in my day.

Because so far I have seen nothing but negative feedback you all take the time to say what is wrong with it, yet fail to give any actual constructive criticism afterwards so how can I take the feedback lightly without a coherent constructive reply?

"It's too dark"
The background? The font? The theme as a whole? what is too dark?

"It looks jet black"
It's actually not jet black if it was certain segments would show more (not what I wanted)

"wrong and broken"
What is wrong? What is broken? (Insinuating my theme is wrong and broken yet fails to tell me why.. I can totally build upon that feedback!)

See how I can look at that and see it as bashing rather than feedback? If you're just going to focus on the negatives then I will do the exact same thing in your comments so don't call me ignorant when you're all ignorant yourselves

I know it's quite dark and that is what I envisioned it to be sure, not everyone is going to like it (wow, look at this thread) but if you want me to improve it tell me in a detailed manner rather than a half-a**ed "I can't be bothered to go into full detail" reply

I know I could make the background lighter to make it stand out more I know i could change the text to be brighter I know I could lighter up the border of the background segments but then it would not be a "dark" theme...

Don't like it? Leave it.. download some other awesome themes on Stylish or edit my own code (or make your own)

You can look at me and think I'm raging or whatever, but in actuality it all depends on personal preference and the way your screen depicts the colors and contrast for me, it's easy to see and understand and for others it is not regardless of what anyone says the theme is fine on my end and was solely made for my personal use but I thought I would share it for those people who like "dark" themes

Thanks for your "Feedback"

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Because so far I have seen nothing but negative feedback you all take the time to say what is wrong with it, yet fail to give any actual constructive criticism afterwards so how can I take the feedback lightly without a coherent constructive reply?

"It's too dark"
The background? The font? The theme as a whole? what is too dark?

"It looks jet black"
It's actually not jet black if it was certain segments would show more (not what I wanted)

"wrong and broken"
What is wrong? What is broken? (Insinuating my theme is wrong and broken yet fails to tell me why.. I can totally build upon that feedback!)

See how I can look at that and see it as bashing rather than feedback? If you're just going to focus on the negatives then I will do the exact same thing in your comments so don't call me ignorant when you're all ignorant yourselves

I know it's quite dark and that is what I envisioned it to be sure, not everyone is going to like it (wow, look at this thread) but if you want me to improve it tell me in a detailed manner rather than a half-a**ed "I can't be bothered to go into full detail" reply

I know I could make the background lighter to make it stand out more I know i could change the text to be brighter I know I could lighter up the border of the background segments but then it would not be a "dark" theme...

Don't like it? Leave it.. download some other awesome themes on Stylish or edit my own code (or make your own)

You can look at me and think I'm raging or whatever, but in actuality it all depends on personal preference and the way your screen depicts the colors and contrast for me, it's easy to see and understand and for others it is not regardless of what anyone says the theme is fine on my end and was solely made for my personal use but I thought I would share it for those people who like "dark" themes

Thanks for your "Feedback"
Ok you want feedback and CnC.

Starting off, I've now got this theme installed and I'm giving my opinions from using the theme.
15A9LRI.png
Starting with the main page of youtube, I can hardly read any of the titles of the videos that are showing up in my feed. I'm having to focus on the title way more than I should do for viewing youtube and this makes finding something that I want to watch much harder than normal. Now you may say that I can just use the thumbnail, but then what is the point of having the title text there if you feel that is the case? I can gain WAY more from a title than I can a thumbnail therefore it is needed.

YSJCnVA.png
Moving on to my channel you can see that there are elements of the theme that are not even modified to work with all aspects of youtube. The parts that stand out from the way to dark background make this look like it was made back in 1998 when some kid just torrented dreamweaver and now thinks he's able to make a website. IMO All the elements of the theme must be working before something is published or released for people to use. Something else I'd like to point out again, is that I'm having a hard time to read the text on there as there is not enough of a contrast between the BG and the text on screen.

jzA9FtL.jpg
Moving on to a video I've uploaded gives me the same issues as on my channel so I won't give the long version here.
TLDR: I can't see text, things are still the default colour of youtube and a new thing that has come up is that I can hardly see any of the icons for altering the information on the video.

wh6lXnz.png
Moving on to a video someone else has uploaded. I have the same issues.

You are completely ignoring what CnC we have given you as everything that I've just staited, I've already said in this thread. So stop acting like people are out to get you and learn to take criticism like an adult.

I'd also like to post one simple fix that you could use to end most of the issues that I've got with this. Make the colours contrast more. This is something I mashed together in under a minuet.
fCn6O03.png

H76LfSzyXeCnm.gif

xVitalz

xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I said the background was too dark, I feel you have constructive criticism confused with liking something and giving positive feedback. The color may not be jet black but it looks really dark. What looks dark? the background the actual background,which all of the modules are sitting on, looks dark. If your going to post in this section "Graphic Showoff" you have to expect criticism, their is a sticky at the too that explains this. If you want to just offer a resource for people to use then post in the graphic resource section.

Shun Goku Satsu

Shun Goku Satsu

Reaction score
Sin$
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

No I want really CnC. Cmon where is my lenghty reply about everything wrong with it.

I'm trying to be a cool kid like you guys.. amidoingitrite?

I'm not going to reply or entertain your childish post great bait though! I rate 0/0

Can a moderator or higher up, please close this thread when you have time thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register