Stupid yet Annoying Problem

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by iMikeyy, Nov 17, 2008 with 9 replies and 120 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    They formatting on my TV is like gay. I haven't really cared but now I do. Like the picture doesn't match my TV screen. Like for example when I'm playing CoD:WAW I can't see the bottom team's score, or when I'm watching SNF/MNF (The only idiots who put the score at the bottom) I can't see anything there.

What kind of a solution could I use to fix this? And it isn't an HD it's just a standard TV.

2. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Somewhere on your remote should be a menu button. Press that, and look for a display menu... then enter the display menu and change the settings to your liking.

If you gave us a particular model of television to work with, I'm sure somebody would just search on Google for the exact method.

3. OP
    LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    I can look more into the type when I get home but its a Phillips

4. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I don't know exactly how on your exact TV but you'll need to get into the display settings and change the ratio.

5. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    there is a button on your remote that has 2 squares kinda over laping each other press that till you get the right display you want

6. OP
    LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    I don't think I have the TV remote anymore..

7. PAC ATAK

PAC ATAK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you can buy a universal remote and i garuntee that they will have the display button on it because thats what i have in my living room ha ha...

8. OP
    LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Not on mine >.>

Its a phillips universal too. Go figure

9. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There should be a button on your television then... just get out the instructions if you really have that hard a time finding it. I'm sure you could look up the instructions online with the model number, and if you have the television you can find the model number.

10. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    should be a setting in the menu to change the display modes try to find that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.