What's new

Solved stuck samsung drive

nick126

nick126

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was wondering if anyone could help me fix a stuck samsung drive. when you click eject it gets stuck opening and the only way to open it is to tap on the top of the drive. can anyone help me with this issue?

thanks in advanced :smile:

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
i was wondering if anyone could help me fix a stuck samsung drive. when you click eject it gets stuck opening and the only way to open it is to tap on the top of the drive. can anyone help me with this issue?

thanks in advanced :smile:
Samsungs are nororious for this:

Clean the wheels on the DVD drive with isopropyl alcohol, and drop the elastic band in a cup of boiling water for a couple of minutes, should fix it right up.

Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
The same things happen to me. I just leave a CD in there and it won't get stuck as much anymore, but occasionally I just give it a bang on top on the top and it slides out.
biggrin.gif

nick126

nick126

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i saw the boiling water thing on xbox experts, i guess ill try that. i don't have any of that alcohol stuff.
hope this works!

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The same things happen to me. I just leave a CD in there and it won't get stuck as much anymore, but occasionally I just give it a bang on top on the top and it slides out.
biggrin.gif
If you have nothing useful to say, please don`t bother.

i saw the boiling water thing on xbox experts, i guess ill try that. i don't have any of that alcohol stuff.
hope this works!
It worked for me :smile:

Scrufdog

Scrufdog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 2 sticky sammies and most sammies i've seen out there stick. I was staring at it for awhile and figured out what the problem is. The white plastic piece that goes across the drive, the straight piece with gear teeth on one end, is too short. If the geared end had one more tooth on it, and the end, it would be perfect. The white piece looses a good mesh with the black gear when its closed and hangs up.

The best I've been able to do is clean/boil the band and use white lithium grease to re-lube the sliding parts in there. After that, the drive will stick, but a quick poke to the bezel will make it open.

Top Bottom
Login
Register