Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Free Hoster Discord Integration
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone, So recently I've just gotten a Elgato HD60 for my PS4 & my RGH(Xbox 360). I've been trying to stream on YouTube while I mod & Twitch when I play competitively or just generally playing on PS4. I've noticed a lot that my streams has been having lag, Such as on my PC it displays lag & when I view it on stream it has A LOT of delay, & sometimes the screen gets pixelated. I'm not sure how to fix this issue, but for a reminder that I'm using a laptop for all of this, I was told that it's because of my PC, but I would just like some other tips & advice or some other people's opinions on this & yes I've never recorded or streamed anything other than using my phone & the capture card that is installed in the PS4(Which is also laggy for gameplay because it takes up so much internet). Would anyone be able to give me any suggestions or give me some advice/Opinions that you all have?

UMP45

UMP45

XeX Sky
Reporter Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
When your stream is laggy, it tends to be your internet or what your streaming it off bud.

Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone, So recently I've just gotten a Elgato HD60 for my PS4 & my RGH(Xbox 360). I've been trying to stream on YouTube while I mod & Twitch when I play competitively or just generally playing on PS4. I've noticed a lot that my streams has been having lag, Such as on my PC it displays lag & when I view it on stream it has A LOT of delay, & sometimes the screen gets pixelated. I'm not sure how to fix this issue, but for a reminder that I'm using a laptop for all of this, I was told that it's because of my PC, but I would just like some other tips & advice or some other people's opinions on this & yes I've never recorded or streamed anything other than using my phone & the capture card that is installed in the PS4(Which is also laggy for gameplay because it takes up so much internet). Would anyone be able to give me any suggestions or give me some advice/Opinions that you all have?
Good chance that it is a PC problem because your laptop isn't powerful enough to run the pixels and fps that you'd like. Having a wired connection for your internet may improve this slightly, although I believe the best option would be to upgrade to a more powerful computer.

Nokia

Nokia

[nokia@se7ensins ~]$
Lifetime
Beginning of An Odyssey Stickied Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
When your stream is laggy, it tends to be your internet or what your streaming it off bud.
Good chance that it is a PC problem because your laptop isn't powerful enough to run the pixels and fps that you'd like. Having a wired connection for your internet may improve this slightly, although I believe the best option would be to upgrade to a more powerful computer.
It's probably a combination of the two. The Elgato software needs good hardware to run correctly, and sometimes you will get a pixelated stream from this, however usually this just results in visual artifacts and skipping. The pixelation is more likely to come from a upload speed problem.

Swifty

Swifty

Taylor Swift Gang
Retired
Stickied Bright Idea Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
It's probably a combination of the two. The Elgato software needs good hardware to run correctly, and sometimes you will get a pixelated stream from this, however usually this just results in visual artifacts and skipping. The pixelation is more likely to come from a upload speed problem.
Exactly, playing on a laptop will decrease your frames and it will also run really slow, most laptops aren't built for streaming it takes up a huge amount of frames on the GPU and the CPU isn't going to do well with whatever else you have open at the time. Example, internet explore, Elgato, iTunes, Homebrew. You get the picture also your internet does somewhat affect your stream quality, but over all, build a PC and make sure Elgato is fully updated.

M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly, playing on a laptop will decrease your frames and it will also run really slow, most laptops aren't built for streaming it takes up a huge amount of frames on the GPU and the CPU isn't going to do well with whatever else you have open at the time. Example, internet explore, Elgato, iTunes, Homebrew. You get the picture also your internet does somewhat affect your stream quality, but over all, build a PC and make sure Elgato is fully updated.
Damn I never knew that I should have searched everything up before even purchasing a elgato...

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn I never knew that I should have searched everything up before even purchasing a elgato...
You could probably lower the resolution you're capturing/streaming in to try and reduce some of the lag on your PC. There's probably a few other miscellaneous settings you could tinker with do get some faster speeds.

M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
You could probably lower the resolution you're capturing/streaming in to try and reduce some of the lag on your PC. There's probably a few other miscellaneous settings you could tinker with do get some faster speeds.
Hmm alright I'll try & do that & when I close everything on my PC it works quite fine but it sometimes has that little delay but overall works fine

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm alright I'll try & do that & when I close everything on my PC it works quite fine but it sometimes has that little delay but overall works fine
So yeah, if that's the case then it's most likely a hardware bottleneck that is causing the issue. Lowering some settings to help it run better should work well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register