What's new

Unsolved strange red ring of death on my 2008 xbox 360, error code 0000

J

jonny431

Reaction score
i got a xbox 360 from 2008 a few days ago, the owner said the last time it was used was 10 years ago, i was scared at first because it wasn't used, but i grabbed it because i wanted a xbox to replace my 2005 one that red ringed, the power socket looks like a falcon one, but on the back of the xbox it say 16.5 amp, but the console does have hdmi and it is from 2008, what motherboard does it have? anyway i want help because its having strange problem... the first time i turned the xbox on it showed the red ring, the second error code was 0101, then i tried to power it off and on a lot of times and the xbox booted with the rrod but this time the error code was 0103, then it freezed on the dashboard (but it didnt show any lines or artifacts, so i dont know if its the gpu because when my 2005 xbox died the xbox was making weird noise and it was making lines and freeze, but this xbox didn't, then today i powered it on and it did boot but it was stuck on the xbox logo (the logo was still moving, its the old logo, but the xbox didn't go to the dashboard, the logo was still moving) turned it off and on again and i got rrod, this time error code 0000, then i tried to get the code again without powering off the xbox but it didn't came back to 3 red lights, after 5 minutes leaving the xbox still on i tried to get the error code again and then the error code changed to 0001 and then 0101, and 0103, turning the xbox off and on again still showed random error codes, sometimes 0001 and then 0101 and 0103, sometimes booted but no video, or it did stuck on the logo but it didn't go to the dashboard, what's wrong with the xbox? maybe a capacitor? the psu works cause i use it with other xbox. please help me thank you guys.
sorry for my bad english.

J

jonny431

Reaction score
pls guys help me im not trolling, i can post a video if you want, pls help me

edit: i got the money back, i will try to fix it myself, i will update you tomorrow bye!

Last edited:
H

H Y X

RGH and CFW hoster
Reaction score
It would appear that the Xbox is a Zephyr according to this diagram if that helps...

J

jonny431

Reaction score
It would appear that the Xbox is a Zephyr according to this diagram if that helps...

thanks for your reply, no the console is a falcon, its the power socket without the middle dot but it does have the complete line, its the same as my 2007 falcon xbox, the only thing different is that my 2007 falcon xbox says 14,2A, this say 16,5A but it does have a falcon power socket and it is in fact a falcon, why does it say that? it did come to my house with a 175W 14,2A power supply, but i also tried it with a 203W 16,5A power supply, i will upload a video of the error code and post it to youtube.

D

devilhunter1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0000 means no power.

Dead mosfets or in worst cases "DEAD CPU" which is a very far fetch and very uncommon. also inspect your power supply.

Top Bottom