• Thread starter SeaPancake3
  • Start date
  • Views 389
SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently purchased an Msi GE62 Apache (the one with the 5700hq and 970m) for when i'm not home, and i'm having strange temps. I only hit about 85 stressing with prime95, which i'm content with, but idle temps are 45-50 degrees. This is after about a 5 degree improvement with a repaste. Any ideas? CPU usage at idle hovers between 1-7%

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know if that laptop is suppose to be good at cooling but with Laptops in general, it's going to be difficult to cool down or remove heat from the CPU. I wouldn't be too worried about idling at 45 C. In my room on a hot day, possibly + 30 C my cpu will sit at that temp.

I wouldn't be worried about it when you're stressing your cpu either. Prime95 is like the top of the top with stress testing cpus. There's really not many real world programs that would stress a cpu that much. Hey, mine sits at 80c on Prime95 too.

SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, thanks! I was actually surprised, I was expecting worse with prime95, just wanted to make sure idle temps that high were normal. Not a whole lot of experience with higher performance laptops.

Top Bottom
Login
Register