Solved Strange issues with headset?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Support Archive' started by Risking Perfect, Jul 3, 2019 with 4 replies and 289 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect Xbox 360 Tech Support Premium

Ratings:
    I recently bought a PDP LVL50 wireless headset and am getting weird problems like the USB receiver's light going solid like it is supposed to but then I lose all sound from the console and the only way I can fix it is unplugging it and plugging it back in. It seems to change this if I change settings on my console but then I sacrifice the amazing sound quality that I get with my normal settings. It also seems to be affected by video settings for some reason. Since they are the only way I can get audio (I use a pc monitor with no speakers) and I can't afford to buy a new one at this time, I want to know if anyone has any advice.

2. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Move the usb to a different port. For some reason the front usb ports go to sleep. Seems the rear ones stay on as long as the console is on.

3. OP
    Risking Perfect

Ratings:
    Thank you for responding, I have done this, it stays normal longer but it still randomly freezes my sound.

4. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Is this completely wireless? Xbox does not support usb headsets.
    But it seems yours works but the usb is going to sleep. I read somewhere that using one of those usb splitters like one in 4 out or whatever will solve this problem.

5. OP
    Risking Perfect

Ratings:
    So the problem seems to be only the game I was playing (Fallout 4) causing problems that made all audio cut out. I played different games over the last few days and have had no problems. This can be archived. Thank you for your help.