• Thread starter byron hood
  • Start date
  • Views 3,738
B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible to do a weekly strike with a different character and put the coins in the vault and redeem them on a different character? Thanks

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm only problem I have is I can't do the weekly strike thing until 20 :/ any tips lol
Level up. :smile: Even then you need to be at least 25 to do the level 28 to get 9 strange coins. I would say farm but that's out of the question *cough* Bungie *cough*, I would have to say get some of that guaranteed queens armor= 2 legendaries, buy the other 2 pieces with vanguard marks/ crucible marks. = Full legendary within two weeks tops (Due to cap on marks at 100 each.) Then upgrade till you get to 28(don't go all the way to 29, it's pointless considering you need raid gear to get to 30), get a team for the VoG, get raid gear, upgrade that fully to get to level 30.
Do this in this order to make life easier on your part.
Start doing the heroic weekly(level 28, 9 coins) once you hit level 25(very hard) - 26/27(slightly less as hard). Do this once you can, the info above was a full level plan.
Also remember the gear in this game, it isn't about looks it's all about light, literally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Level up. :smile: Even then you need to be at least 25 to do the level 28 to get 9 strange coins. I would say farm but that's out of the question *cough* Bungie *cough*, I would have to say get some of that guaranteed queens armor= 2 legendaries, buy the other 2 pieces with vanguard marks/ crucible marks. = Full legendary within two weeks tops (Due to cap on marks at 100 each.) Then upgrade till you get to 28(don't go all the way to 29, it's pointless considering you need raid gear to get to 30), get a team for the VoG, get raid gear, upgrade that fully to get to level 30.
Do this in this order to make life easier on your part.
Start doing the heroic weekly(level 28, 9 coins) once you hit level 25(very hard) - 26/27(slightly less as hard). Do this once you can, the info above was a full level plan.
Also remember the gear in this game, it isn't about looks it's all about light, literally.
Lol it seems long winded to make another person get him to 25 just to get 6 coins, think I'll try my luck on strikes and cruciable with my main :/

Upvote 0
_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
whats the best way to farm materials for the upgrades ?
As far as the basic materials like spirit bloom, relic iron, spinmetal, helium filaments just run around and collect them/do a material farming route.
As far as ascendant materials go, do the daily events and do the daily heroic story on the highest difficulty for 2 of either ascendant shards or energies(it's only one or the other). To maximize this gathering of ascendant materials do it on multiple characters. You can too out at about 12 100% guaranteed ascendant materials a day. 
Lol it seems long winded to make another person get him to 25 just to get 6 coins, think I'll try my luck on strikes and cruciable with my main :/
You say that but I have 3 hunters (I don't like the other characters) and all are level 20, but all I have to do is grab my gear out of my vault and instant level 28. Just get one set of good gear and transfer it between characters to maximize your income of good gear/materials/items.

Upvote 0
Garrus Vakarian

Garrus Vakarian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this switching method is slow the first week to get to lvl 20 but you can just switch gear between like characters and its super easy

Upvote 0
_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
this switching method is slow the first week to get to lvl 20 but you can just switch gear between like characters and its super easy
It's super easy and very rewarding to do it that way. Only downfall is having only 1 type of character but I don't mind since I only like the hunter.

Upvote 0
Garrus Vakarian

Garrus Vakarian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's super easy and very rewarding to do it that way. Only downfall is having only 1 type of character but I don't mind since I only like the hunter.
#hunter master race 
i want all classes so this will be a one week thing i guess

Upvote 0
B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
True but the time it Take me to get 20 I could maybe get the 7 coins I need in engrams

Upvote 0
_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
#hunter master race 
i want all classes so this will be a one week thing i guess
I would say to do it a bit longer than that or at least cut down to two so you can keep a steady income of the good gear. 
True but the time it Take me to get 20 I could maybe get the 7 coins I need in engrams
It would take around 5-6 hours depending on what you are doing. I leveled up to 20 in around that amount of time.

Upvote 0
Garrus Vakarian

Garrus Vakarian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say to do it a bit longer than that or at least cut down to two so you can keep a steady income of the good gear. 

It would take around 5-6 hours depending on what you are doing. I leveled up to 20 in around that amount of time.
bounties and missions dude took me like 3 hours 
quoted wrong person first world problems

Upvote 0
_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
bounties and missions dude took me like 3 hours 
quoted wrong person first world problems
I'm sure he will see it, and the reason it took so long for me is because I was AFK leveling. I just sat at the cave on earth while randies farmed and I leveled up from it and used black wax idols to make some money at the same time. Basically watched tv and hit the trigger every like 10 minutes then went to put the idol on.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register